Your Board Handle--Why or How ! (Lurkers needed)

john59

<font color=navy>GOD BLESS <font color=red>AMERI
:wizard: TIME FOR THE LURKERS TO PITCH IN (3/05/2012)-------C'MON 'just do it'. This FORUM luvs to have fun at your expense ! !

My handle is john59----First name john----and 59 was my age when I joined the DIS Boards.

I was never very inventive OR maybe I thought I would stay 59 forever. The former is true and the latter I believe was a pipe dream, but I am still making vertical out of bed everyday. That's a bonus.

How did you arrive at your HANDLE ??????

john

Actually Frank joined with the name 2goofycampers. His favorite character is Goofy. He thought we both could share it. :confused3 It was too confusing for everyone not knowing who they were talking to. We tried signing each post, but, sometimes forgot. So we decided a new name was needed.

2Goofycampers is right,
so I was torn between two handles, the first was "Forced2Work",
ended up going with the one I have.:lmao:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Forced 2 Work----I LUV IT-----Frank, you do have a great Handle with Born2Fish.. but Forced2Work fits. Been there, done that.

As a retiree my typical day will be.

I will NOT be forced 2 work ---- SHHHHHH ! ! ! Just don't tell Shirley. Don't even whisper that word.

I will go to our Community Clubhouse and swim or workout. Or maybe I will just think about working out. That may be better.

The Clubmembers will spin yarns ! ! Just like the old days at 'Deer Camp'.

I may shoot pool and get whooped.

Then mischievous takes over. The young Ladies will have water aerobics and I will show up with my remote control boat and of course a Camo Mask. YAHOOOO ! ! ! "Who was that nitwit ??? I think it's JohnBoy. No it can't be"

Do I get bored ?? Absolutely never. Still tooooo DANG much to accomplish.

This is why our community calls me JOHNBOY and I remain john59 on the Boards.

My screen name reflects the fact my dads company did a lot of the excavating on the property, since he passed away a few years ago it keeps him connected with me at this place we all love as a family... We stayed at the Fort the first year it was open and I have been back to WDW every year since.... It is fun meeting and discussing WDW and especially the Fort with like minded people and assisting when I can newbies....

Richard

Name comes from place of employment but now happily retired. Was lab manager at a carbon black company for over 30 years.

dw

Well,

I live in Alabama.

I cheer for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

My initials are "E" and "D".

Hence Bama ED.

I love camping at Fort Wilderness. To me, going to the theme parks is an afterthought.

I change my avatar occasionally to suit my mood. I've had Al Bundy, Bill the Cat, and now Grover. A few others are sitting on the sideline ready to come in.

Oh, and by the way, :disrocks:

Bama ED

Huge Andy Griffith Show fan.

I actually used to have a different name here but it was the name of my business. Didn't want to advertise to the whole world when we'd be at the Fort and the home was all alone for anyone to break into.

I don't post much. (guess I'm the shy type- or the fact that this Aug. will only be my 1st trip to the fort) I'm always willing to share the name though because it represents my 2 DDs. E stands for princess Emma (3 )princess: and S is for princess Shannon (6) princess: and the mom is me!

My poor DH didn't make the final cut but he's still very loved by all of us. :love:

Thanks for the question. It's fun finding out the story behind the names!

Name of my sailboat.
. . . 40'
. . . totally wood
. . . twin masted
. . . ketch-rigged

TheRustyScupperKetch.jpg

Camp4: DH,DW and 2DD's = family of 4 campin' (oh and it is also the brand of a 1960's truck camper eventually bought out by Coachmen, and we have a Coachmen class c).

Interesting thread! Mine comes from the name of my persona in the Society for Creative Anachronism (medieval reenactment group). My handle in that group is Elianor de Morland so I just use Elianor when I need a name I can remember easily! My picture (Maleficent) is my favorite "bad guy" from my favorite movie.

I've been lurking on the camping board for a while now!

popcorn::Well...when I was little, my mother always told me that little girls that get called "princess" often grow up thinking they are one & above reproach. At school, I saw this to equal mean, selfish, et cetera. (TV didn't dispute this.:confused3) She always added that true nobility had a sense of responsibility.

Since I was growing up watching MMPR, & wanted to fight evil & whatnot, she always called me her Warrior Princessprincess:. Later on, after I joined the military, my fellow soldiers always remarked that I often surprised all by remaining Lady-like even while dealing with the difficulities of serving. Hence, "Lady." I always just thought back to what Mom said.

I go by my middle name b/c I like it better, "Elena."

& lastly, I've always like the handle "WildFire" but oft times find it take. I'm also never interested in the variations or have space to add the whole word.

So, after much rambling popcorn::(but remember I didn't start this thread), we arrive @ :rolleyes1 ♪♫♪*fanfare*♪♫♪ LadyElenaWF. ♪♫♪*fanfare*♪♫♪ :rolleyes1

Really enjoying the explanations!
Im a Long time camping board lurker (2+ years....i know,i know, why take so long to join in the fun....just didn't feel like I had much to say. But I've been blessed and was able to retire fairly young so now I want to get back into camping and traveling especially back to the fort.)

I love Disney and the fort (first camping trip to the fort in jan 1972!) navy family so we couldn't afford to stay at the hotels but camping is more fun anyway...like
Two vacations in one...camping and WDW! So I used Disney and peach since I'm from Atlanta.

Lynda

Tina is my first name and H is the first initial of my previous last name. 159 is my work ID number. I really should change to tinae159 as I have been married a few years now but just dont wanna!

Well, I am from Nebraska and a fan of the Cornhuskers -- the Big Red. And, you guessed it, my name is Franklin.

I met my husband playing spades on a Yahoo game site 7 years ago. Total chance meeting type thing neither of us looking for love. So anyway his screen name was aceyyyyyyy so I made a screen name to be all matchy matchy hence aceys_h0ney. It has stuck ever since. I even had it on my personalized plates for a few years and his said ace.

Fun thread, I've often read people screen names wondering what they mean. As a family we love to guess what personalized plates stand for.

I started using the name thumper back in the last 80's. It was my cb handle. My car was a 79 VW Rabbit. I then got a 72 Buick and the exhaust thumped so i kept it. I then got into car audio and that thumped real loud. So when it came time to come online Thumper was only logical. I added the ehhhhh so people could figure out im canadain. Thats how i ended up with the handle thumper ehhhhh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter