Your BEST WDW theme park secret! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAST

DIS Veteran
What is your best WDW theme park secret? For example, I have read about/ seen the part of the Winnie the Pooh ride, where Mr. Toad hands off the deed to the ride to Pooh, the marker in EPCOT that represents the center of WDW, the 'raining' umbrella in MGM, the key under the mat in the Muppet ride, etc.

Any others? I am going to WDW in two weeks and love to show my companions how knowledgable I am by pointing these out (I know - pretty pathetic, but I am truly an obsessive planner);) ;)

Please get (most of) it here (cut, paste, print, etc.):

http://www.cockam.com/disscav.htm

On my next visit I gotta' double check about Mr. Toad handing off the deed, I thought I saw the picture of him handing it off to Owl.

Riding Peter Pan, the first scene is of the nursery, there wasn't enough light to see it so I took a flash photograph (nobody else was nearby) down to the left and either I got the wrong place or the little blocks don't spell out "PETER PAN" any more.

Hi Guys!

Since we are starting this thread "over" again, in a sense, I have received a Private Message from the boards asking me to post this message now (at the beginning of the thread) before our thread gets too long! :thumbsup2

Here is the OFFICIAL POST, please adhere to this policy. It is not MY DECISION alone, but a decision that was made together with the many, many subscribers to our previous (PART I) thread. Thank you!!!

If you would like to request a copy of the Word document of this thread (Part I), please E-MAIL me.

Do not post a request on this thread, as I cannot keep up with all the requests that are posted on the boards AND they bog down our thread with unnecessary posts. ALSO...If you would like to SUBSCRIBE to this thread, please do not post a message saying, "Subscribing" or "Subbing."

If you will go to the top of this thread, you will see a drop-down menu that says, "Subscribe to this thread." Simply click on that link, and you will be subscribed. These few simple rules should help keep our thread clean and clear.

If you have requested the document in the past, you know that I constantly check e-mail (if I'm home), and I usually send you the document almost immediately.

If you are new to this thread, here's the deal--we have a Word document of all these secrets, tips, and other interesting facts.

It is organized by Park and then alphabetically underneath each park. (I know; I'm OCD....)

I try to add all the new secrets as they are posted, and the document has been formatted to print out on index cards (for easy use inside the Parks).

It is a GREAT tool to have in the Parks once you are there, and belive me--you can drive everyone crazy with all the facts and tips you have learned here on the Disboards!!!! :rotfl:

I have even included a few photos of the secrets where relevant.

If you have any questions or if I forgot something, please don't hesitate to PM or e-mail me!

Thanks guys!

In the morning (usually from around 8am-12pm) when the lines are really long to get on the monorail from TTC to MK, take the boat!

The TTC boat offers wonderful views and a great breeze in about the same amount of time that the monorail would have taken to get you to MK.

A great added bonus: If you get on the TTC boat at those times, Chip, Dale, and Pluto love to hang out on it! Perfect opportunity for your kids to see their first characters at DW-before they even enter the park! Not too many people on the boat either, so there are great opportunities for pictures with the characters. :thumbsup2

Dcanoli, I tried to e-mail AND PM you but supposedly my post count is too low to send any of these forms of communication. Can you please send me the word document? I don't know how to give you my e-mail address though.

Hi,
I tried to email you and pm you too but was not able because of the same reasons. I would love to get a copy of this word document too. Is there anyway to get around it. I read the posts almost every day, but don't post. Thank you for your help.
jackie

Dcanoli, about how many index cards is it and is it kind of thick to carry around?

Also is it organized by Land also like futureland, Adventureland?

Thanks! Capt. hook-ed on Dis!

Honestly, I'm not sure HOW MANY index cards it turns out to be, but it wasn't hard to carry around at all.

When I wasn't using it, I just tossed it into one of our backpacks.

It's not organized by lands, but under each park, I listed the subjects alphabetically. For instance, Magic Kingdom, and then, under that Park, you might have headings such as Main Street, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, etc.

So, if you are walking somewhere in a Park and you come to something, you would flip to that subject. Does that make sense?

If you want a copy, just let me know. Thanks! Deb

P.S. I just saw the all posts where your post counts are too low to PM. Can you guys e-mail me? dcanoli@comcast.net

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm the "party line" phones located in the Main Street Market House at the beginning of Main Street or under TTA and Astro Orbiter?

Thanks,
Stephen

Yes, we've been to both. The one on Main Street is on an old-fashioned phone and during part of it you hear a conversation between a mom and daughter. It's not in a totally obvious location, so ask a CM if you can't find it (we walked right by it three or four times). The one in Tommorrowland is obvious, in a phone booth type style, and that one is futuristic. Definitely something you must do if you're checking out this list. Our kiddos loved it! :thumbsup2

Yes, we've been to both. The one on Main Street is on an old-fashioned phone and during part of it you hear a conversation between a mom and daughter. It's not in a totally obvious location, so ask a CM if you can't find it (we walked right by it three or four times). The one in Tommorrowland is obvious, in a phone booth type style, and that one is futuristic. Definitely something you must do if you're checking out this list. Our kiddos loved it! :thumbsup2

Is the one in the general store still there? Somewhere on here, I thought it said they took the phone and/or the store out.

Does anyone know or has anyone been recently?

when i have time i will go back and read the old threads ~hoping to get some good ideas and advise we are planning our first family trip!

Dconoli, I tried to email you but I am too new. Could you please email me the word document as well. Thanks I really appreciate all the time you have spent putting this togethor.

I didn't realize there was a maximum thread length. Too bad as there are some long-standing classics here on the board.

If you like secrets, I suggest picking up "The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World". I got mine for $9.99 at Waldenbooks and it is the same size as a park map folded, so- easy for travel.
They also had one for Epcot and Animal Kingdom. There was none for Studios, either because they don't make or they were out.

I was disappointed to learn that the meteors projected on the walls of Space Mountain were NOT chocolate chip cookies after all. (sometimes the rumors are more fun than the truth)

I did learn that the Fire Station in Town Square is called Engine House 71 because of WDW opening in 1971.

Dconli,
I have tried emailing you also for the list, but I keep getting an error message. CAn you email it to me please? Thanks
Bill

To those of you who can't e-mail through the board link......

Just send a regular e-mail to the address she posted just like you would send an e-mail to your friend or family....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter