Your BEST WDW theme park secret! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping the thread a little bit, but still on topic. In the Magic Kingdom, how do you think they can get you 15" above sea level and you not realize it? I was thinking about that, and the solution actually adds to the forced perspective of Main Street. When you are fresh and ready to go, Main Street not only looks longer, but you walk slightly UPHILL! The ingenius part is when you are tired, you walk DOWNHILL!! Just a random fact that I can honestly say I came up with on my own, without reading it, I'm happy!

That is funny, but true.....

It's mentioned somewhere else in this gigantic thread about how the walk appears longer going in and shorter going out, but honestly, I've never thought about the uphill/downhill side of it!

WOW! Good thinking! :thumbsup2

I posted on the old thread too...
Never been to WDW but can't WAIT. I was wondering if there were any fun things to watch out for in any of the parades. I remember there used to be fun factoids about the ELP at DL. Thanks everyone!

I posted on the old thread too...
Never been to WDW but can't WAIT. I was wondering if there were any fun things to watch out for in any of the parades. I remember there used to be fun factoids about the ELP at DL. Thanks everyone!

Here's a few that you can find in the Disney Dreams Come True Parade, the daily 3pm Magic Kingdom parade (they're in the order that they appear in during the parade):
  • The Mickey float has many small figurines of the Mouse's past film roles (Sorcerer's Apprentice, Steamboat Willie, etc.)
  • The parade is the only place in all of WDW that you can see the walking brooms from The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's also the only place to see the Pleasure Island donkeys from Pinocchio.
  • Figaro and Cleo can be found if you look closely on the Pinocchio float (I think they're on the left side of the float)
  • On the Pinocchio float, Grumpy is playing the organ just like he did in "The Silly Song" scene in 'Snow White'.
  • On the Aladdin float, look closely just behind Pooh and you'll see the very tiny Bernard and Bianca from 'The Rescuers'.
  • Also on the Aladdin float, Pooh holds a balloon, just as he did when he was trying to get honey in 'Winnie the Pooh and the Hunny Tree'.
  • On the back of the Peter Pan float you'll see a quote by Walt Disney " . . . as long as there is imagination left in the world" and, if you look closely, a picture of him walking through Disneyland.
  • Also on the Peter Pan float, look inside the crystal castle to see tiny versions of characters on a carrousel (ones I've spotted include Mushu and Chesire Cat)
  • Each of the float's respective "titles" are on the side of the float.

Hope you can look for some of those during the parade and hope you HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

WeatherbySwann that is FANTASTIC!!! My kiddies and I already printed out your note and will use eagle eyes to see what we can. Thank you so much!

I just walked in and read the latest post by Weatherby...

I am about to head out again for Treat the Troops tonight, but when I get back, I will add his Parade secrets.

Everything else should be up to date.

I head back to Disney in September, so probably in August, I will start combing through that document to "de-personalize" it a bit (if that makes sense) and make it just facts, taking out everyone's personal information they left here on the boards....

Someone asked me to put page numbers in, so I'll probably do that, and someone wanted me to make everything bullet points instead of numbers, but my gosh--if I do that, the document might be 500 pages!!!! :rotfl:

Any other tips before I start working on cleaning it up more....I mean it's pretty OCD now...I'm just going to keep tweaking it for us.

WeatherbySwann that is FANTASTIC!!! My kiddies and I already printed out your note and will use eagle eyes to see what we can. Thank you so much!

You're welcome! :)

I just walked in and read the latest post by Weatherby...

I am about to head out again for Treat the Troops tonight, but when I get back, I will add his Parade secrets.

Everything else should be up to date.

I head back to Disney in September, so probably in August, I will start combing through that document to "de-personalize" it a bit (if that makes sense) and make it just facts, taking out everyone's personal information they left here on the boards....

Someone asked me to put page numbers in, so I'll probably do that, and someone wanted me to make everything bullet points instead of numbers, but my gosh--if I do that, the document might be 500 pages!!!! :rotfl:

Any other tips before I start working on cleaning it up more....I mean it's pretty OCD now...I'm just going to keep tweaking it for us.

Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup2

BTW, I picked up a copy a few weeks ago of The Complete Walt Disney World 2008 by Julie and Mike Neal and thought you might be interested in it . . . it's an EXCELLENT book and after the descriptions of every attraction it has "fun finds" that are perfect tie-ins with the "secrets" on this thread. The book isn't where I got the parade secrets that I posted (I found those myself :teeth:) but for instance, the book has nearly four pages (with two columns on each page!) just filled with fun stuff to look for in the line of Muppet Vision at DHS. Secrets like those plus tons of cool photos make it an awesome book . . . if you put all of the secrets from the book into the document, the document length might be doubled! :laughing:
Just thought that people who like the stuff on this thread might be interested in giving the book a glance. :)

You're welcome! :)

Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup2

BTW, I picked up a copy a few weeks ago of The Complete Walt Disney World 2008 by Julie and Mike Neal and thought you might be interested in it . . . it's an EXCELLENT book and after the descriptions of every attraction it has "fun finds" that are perfect tie-ins with the "secrets" on this thread. The book isn't where I got the parade secrets that I posted (I found those myself :teeth:) but for instance, the book has nearly four pages (with two columns on each page!) just filled with fun stuff to look for in the line of Muppet Vision at DHS. Secrets like those plus tons of cool photos make it an awesome book . . . if you put all of the secrets from the book into the document, the document length might be doubled! :laughing:
Just thought that people who like the stuff on this thread might be interested in giving the book a glance. :)

Sounds like a great book; I'll have to look it up!

If Missy Bradford is on this thread, please let me know.

I have tried to e-mail you two different ways, and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

Thanks!

Deb

So frustrating...that even though we have a VERY clear post asking people not to request the list or subscribe, we still have a full 35% of the posts doing just that. Makes me nuts; so annoying.

We did the Princess meet and greet at Toontown rope-drop in March. The posted wait was 15 minutes when we walked in (maybe 5 parties in front of us). There was quite a little wait as the rope-drop crew was catering to a Make-A-Wish trip, but when we got in we had a GREAT experience, princesses really taking their time with each child.

When we walked out at 10:30 the posted wait time was already one hour!

Doing this first thing at Toontown opening really makes a big difference.

Thank you Princess.

Yes, if you want our big list, please PM or e-mail: dcanoli@comcast.net! Thanks!

Deb

Another "secret:"

Take your kids to see the Fife & Drum Corp at the America Pavilion. They will call all the kids up to help lead the audience w/the Pledge of Allegience!

Thank you so much for the Virtual Earth Link. It is so unreal to scroll down through Main Street and see those cars parked right behind some of the buildings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter