You Want to Stay Where?! A July PTR* TR LINK 8/8!

Ohh AoA looks gorgeous yay! Your husband is probably right with his logic too. Maddie will love AoA now and appreciate beach club more later! I can't wait to see your pictures of it. Little mermaid is my favorite Disney movie! When I was little it was pre-DVD era and my parents recorded the movie over and over again on the same VHS tape so they wouldn't have to rewind it for me as often!

Here are my ADR guesses:

1. Chef Mickeys
2. Be Our Guest
3. Akerhaus
4. Crystal palace
5. 1900 park fare
6. Ohana breakfast
7. Cape may cafe breakfast
8. Cape may cafe dinner
9. Hollywood and vine
10. Cinderellas royal table
11. Garden grill
12. Tusker house
13. Le cellier
14. Kona
15. Hoop de doo revue
16. California grill

Counter service
1. Be our guest
2. Cosmic rays
3. Earl of sandwich

Wow! Talk about making a big decision change! Maddie is going to go complete posing nuts with all of the big icons at the AoA.

You are going to absolutely love AOA! We stayed there for 3 nights back in September! I didnt think it would be my first choice bc we had booked POFQ and then had to move to AOA when our room wasnt big enough ( dont know what I was thinking, 3 adults, a four year old and a toddler)...

My 4 year went nuts at AOA and my husband says we have to stay there again just for him! I'll stay any ding dang where as long as we get to go! :rotfl2:

After much back and forth, we settled on July 13-20 (we’ll fly home the morning of the 20th) which means…… we’ll be celebrating my birthday at WDW!

And that my friends, is how we ended up booking Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room!

Yeah! If we go it looks like we will just be missing you! As we will most likely leave on the 13th! Celebrating a birthday is magical for you!

And, I too am looking into a Little Mermaid room... if we go! I'm beginning to really start thinking about going ahead and booking a few things... if we go.

Bryan is right! Maddie will love the Little Mermaid room.

Glad that's one decision checked off the list for you! Karen

Well friends, changes are afoot! But, not to worry the ADR haven't changed. :thumbsup2

After much discussion, some youtube videos, and asking Maddie's opinion we're now booked in a Royal Room at POR! Maddie, Bryan, and I are all really excited about it. Who knows if this one will stick longer than a month, but for now I'm looking forward to it! :lmao::thumbsup2

Okay, I'm not sure that I understand this ADR game, but I'm game :confused3

1. 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
2. 1900 Park Fare Dinner
3. Chef Mickey's
4. California Grill
5. Akershus
6. 50 Prime Time
7. Be Our Guest
8. Ohana
9. Biergarten
10. Le Cellier
11. Tony's
12. Tusker House
13. Liberty Tree
14. Cinderella Royal Table
15. Tappo Edo
16. Naroccssse

Counter Service
1. Be Our Guest
2. Columbia House

Well, hope spelling doesn't count, and not sure if I did this right... but here are my choices for you.

Let the games begin! Karen :cheer2:

Well friends, changes are afoot! But, not to worry the ADR haven't changed. :thumbsup2

After much discussion, some youtube videos, and asking Maddie's opinion we're now booked in a Royal Room at POR! Maddie, Bryan, and I are all really excited about it. Who knows if this one will stick longer than a month, but for now I'm looking forward to it! :lmao::thumbsup2

Oh my... a Royal Room fit for a Princess! (I'd suggest a garden/river view as a standard view is in the back overlooking the parking lot)

It's this the joy of planning... and Maddie is learning it is a princess perrogative to change her mind!

Karen:yay:

I have to say, I'm disappointed with this. While I think the Royal rooms are beautiful, and I know how Maddie loves princesses, I do think she would have completely flipped out at AoA. Sure the Royal rooms are cool, but the rest of the resort is pretty grown up. At AoA, EVERYTHING is phenomena, especially for kids. I'm going to let you in on a spoiler. After staying at AoA and Beach Club in the same trip, I prefer AoA. Yes the room is small, but the theming is absolutely perfect and fun and vibrant and way cooler in person than in pictures.

I'm sorry for being negative. I know it's silly, I'm not the one going there, but it's affecting me. I feel defensive of a resort. :rotfl:

I know that in the end, Disney is Disney and no matter what it's going to be great. ;)

I have to say, I'm disappointed with this. While I think the Royal rooms are beautiful, and I know how Maddie loves princesses, I do think she would have completely flipped out at AoA. Sure the Royal rooms are cool, but the rest of the resort is pretty grown up. At AoA, EVERYTHING is phenomena, especially for kids. I'm going to let you in on a spoiler. After staying at AoA and Beach Club in the same trip, I prefer AoA. Yes the room is small, but the theming is absolutely perfect and fun and vibrant and way cooler in person than in pictures.

I'm sorry for being negative. I know it's silly, I'm not the one going there, but it's affecting me. I feel defensive of a resort. :rotfl:

I know that in the end, Disney is Disney and no matter what it's going to be great. ;)

I totally understand what you're saying. If I'm being completely honest, this all came about through a really long saga with a pin code today. I think we'll stay there some time, and I'm sure it's amazing.

What I'll miss seeing most are those giant icons and the food court /check in desk/ gift shop area. I was really looking forward to it, but I guess this isn't going to be the trip for it.

In the end we showed Maddie photos of both rooms and left the decision completely up to her.

I'm so glad that you loved your stay there, I can't wait to hear more.

And yes, Disney is Disney no matter where you stay. :hug:

:lmao:Oh my gee!! You've changed again!:rotfl2: However, I :love: the Royal Rooms. They are my fav! I heartily appove of Maddi's choice!:thumbsup2[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I love that you leave so many decisions up to Maddie! Definitely the correct way to take kids to Disney that I often feel is lost on parents lol. I haven't heard or seen too much about the Royal rooms at POR so I can't wait to see your pictures of it and hear how you feel about it.

I totally understand what you're saying. If I'm being completely honest, this all came about through a really long saga with a pin code today. I think we'll stay there some time, and I'm sure it's amazing.

What I'll miss seeing most are those giant icons and the food court /check in desk/ gift shop area. I was really looking forward to it, but I guess this isn't going to be the trip for it.

In the end we showed Maddie photos of both rooms and left the decision completely up to her.

I'm so glad that you loved your stay there, I can't wait to hear more.

And yes, Disney is Disney no matter where you stay. :hug:

Those darn pin codes. The Little Mermaid rooms are way too popular, they'll never have a good discount released for them.

I understand the reasoning. Plus, there's always a next time.:)

Ok I think I get the rules!:banana::banana::banana:
My list:
1. 'Ohana
2. Boma
3. Be Our Guest
4. Cinderella's Royal Table
5. San Angel Inn
6. Via Napoli
7. La Cellier
8. Akershus Royal Banquet (lunch)
9. Akershus Royal Banquet (dinner)
10. Chefs de France
11. Coral Reef
12. Brown Derby
13. Sci-Fi Dine-In
14. 50's Prime Time Cafe
15. Yak and Yeti
16. Cooke's of Dublin
counter service guesses
1. Pizza Planet
2. Sunshine Seasons
3. Pecos Bill

I was just going to post that I thought you made a great choice, staying at AOA.. little mermaid room.. than you changed!!

I'm sure you will be very happy with either!!! (although I do think, the younger the child, the more you should go with the over the top decor.) (which is why Nebo loves the value resorts so much! :lmao:)

as far as the ADR game.. sounds like fun, but we dont' put that much thougth into our own dinner reservations.!:lmao: (aren't your empty nester friends annoying;))

1. 1900 Park Fare
2. 50's Prime Time Cafe
3. Akershus
4. Be our Guest
5. Cape May cafe
6. California Grill
7. Chef Mickey's
8. Chef Mickey's (2)
9. Cinderella's Royal Table
10. Coral Reef
11. The Crystal Palace
12. The Garden Grill
13. Hollywood & Vine
14. 'Ohana
15. Via Napoli
16. Tony's

Counter Service
1.Columbia Harbor House
2. Earl of Sandwich
3. Pinocchio Village Haus

These are my ADR guesses!! :goodvibes

Congrats on getting a pin code for July! I'm sure that ya'll will love the royal rooms at POR especially since your little princess is the one who chose it.

please dont get mad at me... but, for the price difference, i would go with the little mermaid room.

although I have seen the royal room pictures, .. it's like no big deal, to me.. and the resort is still no difference.

but I think maddie would get SUCH a THRILL out of the nemo pool and the LM pool,.,

unless a slide is a big part of her enjoyment, I think the POR theming is not such a big deal, esp. for little kids.l
most of the theming at POR is a lot more laid back.. pretty boring for kids. look again at the pictures

So you announce a resort and about a day later a resort change... So how is this going to affect the ADR point assignments when you start flip flopping ADR's like that??? :rolleyes1 :confused3 :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

It's probably a good call to do the Royal Room while she's as into the princesses as she is. :thumbsup2

I guess I'll go ahead and throw my list out there...

1. Chef Mickey
2. Ohana
3. Ohana
4. Cinderella's Royal Table
5. Be Our Guest
6. 1900 Park Fare
7. Akershus
8. Via Napoli
9. Tusker House
10. Crystal Palace
11. Yak & Yeti
12. Cape May
13. Whispering Canyon
14. Garden Grill
15. 50's Prime Time
16. Yachtsman

QS
1. Be Our Guest
2. Wolfgang Puck Express
3. Flame Tree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter