You CAN renew your DC membership!

KatieLovesMickey

Mouseketeer
My Disney Club membership expired on 3/31, and I wasn't even going to try to renew since everyone said it wasn't possible. Well, I called on Sunday and a very nice CM renewed my membership at a prorated rate of $22.41!! It's good through the end of December, at which time the DC will be gone forever. Just thought I'd let you all know. The CM said that as long as your membership didn't expire too long ago, they will renew it for you. Good news for me, since I spend half of my waking hours shopping for all things Disney...That 10% savings really adds up!

Okay-so a question-can you buy a pro-rated DC membership-say from now to Dec?

I dont think so. I remember getting something from DC last year that stated that no new memberships would be accepted after 12/31/02.

Thanks for the info Katie!!!!! I just called the Disney Club and was able to renew thru Dec 2003, for $22 and change. My card had expired Feb 2003. There were absolutely no problems, they still had all my info and I charged it to my new Disney credit card.
I'm thrilled to death!! I was wondering why I was still getting the club newsletter with coupons, since I figured I couldn't use them without the card. will certainly be taking advantage while I can.
Thanks again Katie!

Disney is so cheesy! It is a bluff. I recall twelve years ago when they started promoting the idea of making their video movies available "for the last time ever", only to find out seven years later they'd sell them again.. It is all about marketing.

I would not be surprised if it was all a tease and they bring back the DC club after all.

Originally posted by TreeOfLife

I would not be surprised if it was all a tease and they bring back the DC club after all.

I hope they do...It's the only way to get some discounts since I don't want the visa......

when we saw that you couldn't get a DC membership after the end of the year we called to extend ours through june, when ours expires, and it only cost us $14 and change...I wonder why it was more for some of you...

We just renewed ours that went out in Jan. Sure saved us a bundle on our tickets!! They said the price depends on how early in the year yours is out.

Good deal! Does anyone have the phone number handy? I threw away my card because I didn't think I'd use it again, but with a XMas trip planned I could use the discount!

The telephone number is 1-888-347-6394.

Thanks for posting about being able to renew the Disney Club membership. Our card also expired in February of this year and we were charged $22.46. We are going several times this year so this will come in really handy.

Denise

Could anyone who might be calling to renew ask about prorated new memberships please?

alyssa810,

Yours is cheaper because you are only paying from June -December while the other people are paying from February-December. They are prorating the cost of an annual membership over the number of months from your expiration date to the end of the year.

Just renewed mine!:Pinkbounc

Sorry Mom_Rules - completely forgot about asking about new memberships :( Why don't you just give them a call and try.

I renewed mine recently and got a pro-rated charge of around $7.50. Mine doesn't expire until Sept. I was surprised to receive the whole package in the mail including the notebook. I just figured they'd send me a new card. It will be worth it if I decide to renew my annual pass which expires in November. :)

Thanks so much for this information, I really wanted to renew mine, but didn't know it was possible. We will probably renew our AP's in November, and for that alone, even if we don't use anything else, makes the DC worthwhile.
cham

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter