You are a terrible parent!!!!!!

Oh I forgot my worst offense as a parent. I let my adult sons live at home, not in school, without paying rent. The oldest went away to college and never returned to our home town, but the other two stayed and lived at home until they got married. Without paying rent.

Oh wow...another thing to add to my list. My oldest - 21 - lives at home and doesn't pay rent. We also pay his health and car insurance while he saves enough money to go finish school in Europe. Aahhh...I love getting worse and worse. I never knew I was such a rebel. pirate:

Hadley - it was me. I can't remember what it was either. It was right around the time we were going on the Double Dip - clothes, camp, something. I know you and I had talked about summer camp before.

Doesn't matter what it was anyway...according to the experts, we're simply terrible, sucky, horrifying parents. Period. :thumbsup2

We are beyond terrible--we can't even remember all the bad things we do:lmao:

Oh wow...another thing to add to my list. My oldest - 21 - lives at home and doesn't pay rent. We also pay his health and car insurance while he saves enough money to go finish school in Europe. Aahhh...I love getting worse and worse. I never knew I was such a rebel. pirate:

Where in Europe? Oh, and you know your are really bad for essentially helping him save to go so far away, right;) You need to kick him out of the house but then make him live in town I think. Something like that anyway. I am pretty sure children, of any age, going to foriegn countries without their parents equals BAD parent.

Middle one stayed until he got married at 25 and youngest stayed until he got engaged at 28 without paying rent. I'm Beyond BAD.

Where in Europe? Oh, and you know your are really bad for essentially helping him save to go so far away, right;) You need to kick him out of the house but then make him live in town I think. Something like that anyway. I am pretty sure children, of any age, going to foriegn countries without their parents equals BAD parent.

Oh, then I'm pure evil. That son went to Africa for two months - alone, no less - to volunteer in a village somewhere in Ghana. No phone, no internet, no running water, hell, no water at all - had to walk 10 miles to buy his bags of water. Gosh, I really suck.

He wants to finish his studies in Ireland. He'll be out of here in January. My middle guy, who "graduated" from his horrifying summer camp this year was invited to go to China with People to People next summer. He also wants to do Presidential Classroom in D.C. I'm not sure what he'll choose, he's involved in a ton of political stuff here at home, so who knows. All I know is that I just want him out of here next summer so my husband and I can lie naked all day long eating bon bons while listening to the birds sing outside our window because we just don't feel like parenting our kids.

Oh, another thing...my daughter has been able to order my martini for me (dirty Grey Goose) when we're out to dinner since she was 5 years old. I'm now working on teaching her how to make them (and mojitos). Is that bad?

Oh, then I'm pure evil. That son went to Africa for two months - alone, no less - to volunteer in a village somewhere in Ghana. No phone, no internet, no running water, hell, no water at all - had to walk 10 miles to buy his bags of water. Gosh, I really suck.

He wants to finish his studies in Ireland. He'll be out of here in January. My middle guy, who "graduated" from his horrifying summer camp this year was invited to go to China with People to People next summer. He also wants to do Presidential Classroom in D.C. I'm not sure what he'll choose, he's involved in a ton of political stuff here at home, so who knows. All I know is that I just want him out of here next summer so my husband and I can lie naked all day long eating bon bons while listening to the birds sing outside our window because we just don't feel like parenting our kids.

Oh, another thing...my daughter has been able to order my martini for me (dirty Grey Goose) when we're out to dinner since she was 5 years old. I'm now working on teaching her how to make them (and mojitos). Is that bad?

Oh you are right up there with the worst of Disney villians:rotfl2:

Please others chime in and tell us we are not the only ones whose kids know about drinking. DS used to demonstrate the proper way to taste wine (swirling it and checking the boquet and all that good stuff) with his apple juice in preschool:rolleyes1 Both kids are quite good at knowing which glass and condiments go with which drink. DD even tasted some champagnes in France with us in May.

Please others chime in and tell us we are not the only ones whose kids know about drinking. DS used to demonstrate the proper way to taste wine (swirling it and checking the boquet and all that good stuff) with his apple juice in preschool:rolleyes1 Both kids are quite good at knowing which glass and condiments go with which drink. DD even tasted some champagnes in France with us in May.

My daughter knows the difference between a Malbec and a Syrah. I've always let them taste what we're drinking if they want. They usually don't want, but will try a sip here and there. When we got to the Beach Club in June, the first thing my dd said to me after we checked in was, "It's time for your Mojito, baby!" OMG, I'm horrible.

I have to say, this thread just has me cracking up. I'm really enjoying this break from reality. My house is being completely renovated and I'm home more than I usually am and this has been a nice reprieve from the craziness.

Keep the badness coming!!

...Please others chime in and tell us we are not the only ones whose kids know about drinking...

I certainly did! - My Dad owned a bar when I was a kid. I could pour a beer "right" and make a decent stinger long before I could actually have them, and I promise I turned out just fine.

The kids in our neighborhood all see the adults drink in moderation, and I've never worried about it. (But I actually thought I was being a "good" parent by removing the mystery and secrecy from it; can I still join the thread?)

We freely enjoy cocktails in front of our dd. I have a book 1001 cocktails and she bookmarks drinks for me that she thinks I would like. She's good at beer pong too.

I am a video gamer and see nothing wrong with playing them and liking them.

Oh and we do not belong to any organized religion at all anymore which makes us evil to the core. Mothers run shrieking from us.

Top that.:rotfl:

Ok, I will. We were talking about religion at my kids Irish Dance class (read: almost invariably Catholic families, especially at our studio's location). Someone mentioned something about Reiki, I mentioned my mom is really into that. IT all went downhill from there -- in my defending her, it slipped out that she is also Wiccan. OMG, I wait for everyone to hang crucifixes around the studio when they see me coming now.

DH takes the kids to PSR. I go to mass with them on important occasions. They attend with dh till they are 14, and choose confirmation (or not, althoug I DO make them prepare for it). After that, they decide. My 16 yr old got confirmed, then never went back to church. say THAT in the room full of Irish Catholic moms at the dance studio!!!!!!!

We also don't go to church, and although I rarely keep alcohol in the house, I have allowed my girls to taste my Smirnoff Ices and margaritas...
They giggle their little butts off when I let them too :rotfl2:

Im a terrible parent because for about 6 months this spring my tween DD would get mad for nothing..er.everthing and tell me Y O U 'R
E V I L!!!:scared1:
Instead of getting hurt :sad:or asking what can we do to work it out :chat:( I was a counselor for at risk youth)
I would say
"sweetheart your not the only one who thinks I'm EVIL.. get in line I assure you its a L O N G one!:rolleyes1"

I kept saying it for months and eventurally she stopped. Guess she got tired of waiting in line.!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh no wait !! It stopped when I pulled her out of school and took her on her first trip to WDW with a room at the Poly with a MK view! Funny what a little pixie dustpixiedust: will do to put the shine back on the evil poison apple?:lmao:

When dd fell and split her chin, and was making horrible cow noises and wouldn't stop, I told her to hush.

When Benji was dxed with a brain tumor and was intentionally farting everytime the neurosurgeon tried to examine him, i told benji that the tumor wasn't in his butt, he could still get spanked.

When Josh used to wipe his slimy boogars on the wall, i made him scrape them off himself.

If my kids forget their homework, I don't bring it to them.

I like that school starts because my kids are gone for a few hours.

I guess I need to join this club too.

I'm a bad parent because I share custody of my 10 yr old dd. We allow her to go every other week to her dads, and pretty much are open to letting her go when there is other stuff going on that she doesn't miss. Never been to court--he doesn't pay support but half of everything like school, dr, ins, etc. But I've been told I'm horrible for allowing that, that a "real mom" doesn't let her child see their dad much if they are not together.

I'm also a bad parent because I let my children watch tv on a daily basis, including such shows as Hannah Montana and allow them to listen to her music!

I also encourage independence in my children, which is evidently a bad thing as well since I've been told I should do everything for them. I have them make their own dinner plates, rinse them off prior to washing and actually WASH the dishes! They also make their own breakfast and sometimes lunch and are responsible for dressing theirselves and getting their teeth brushed, etc.

I let them shut their bedroom doors......:scared1:

And lastly--they have (gasp).....................chores.........oh the horror!

Sadly--these are real things I've been told I'm a bad parent on.....

I guess I need to join this club too.

I'm a bad parent because I share custody of my 10 yr old dd. We allow her to go every other week to her dads, and pretty much are open to letting her go when there is other stuff going on that she doesn't miss. Never been to court--he doesn't pay support but half of everything like school, dr, ins, etc. But I've been told I'm horrible for allowing that, that a "real mom" doesn't let her child see their dad much if they are not together.

I'm also a bad parent because I let my children watch tv on a daily basis, including such shows as Hannah Montana and allow them to listen to her music!

I also encourage independence in my children, which is evidently a bad thing as well since I've been told I should do everything for them. I have them make their own dinner plates, rinse them off prior to washing and actually WASH the dishes! They also make their own breakfast and sometimes lunch and are responsible for dressing theirselves and getting their teeth brushed, etc.

I let them shut their bedroom doors......:scared1:

And lastly--they have (gasp).....................chores.........oh the horror!

Sadly--these are real things I've been told I'm a bad parent on.....

Wow...bad parent because you let her dad see her a lot. Seriously, people think that???

:confused3

Good morning!

I let my child walk to the bus stop this morning without my assistance. (live in area that the bus doesn't stop at every house to pick up the kids) I left for work before she had to go. I forgot my cell phone so I can't text her while she is on the bus and ask if she made it.

Should I call the school and check on her?

Wow...bad parent because you let her dad see her a lot. Seriously, people think that???

:confused3

For real...

I've been told that I'm not thinking of my kids because I also dont get child support. I didnt' want it (I mean *I* of course would take it, but chose not to) because he gets the kids just as often as I do. We are generally 3 days 1 week, 4 the next and so on. If one of us has something planned, we switch it up. No big deal. Didn't feel it was right to make him pay when he's there for the kids just as much as I am. We split what we need to, and sometimes he pays more since he makes more...we're happy with it, and the kids dont see their parents fighting :)

Only if you want to be labeled a helicopter parent, or too overprotective. If you DON'T check on her, then you'll be neglectful and uncaring. :rolleyes:

:flower3:

Good morning!

I let my child walk to the bus stop this morning without my assistance. (live in area that the bus doesn't stop at every house to pick up the kids) I left for work before she had to go. I forgot my cell phone so I can't text her while she is on the bus and ask if she made it.

lol..some may call you a bad 'overprotective worrier' parent... But, there have been a couple times I"ve called the school, just to ease my mind. Like, if I left for work before the bus came and just couldnt' get it out of my mind... I'd wait about 2 hrs (give them time for roll to be turned in) and just verify she was there today..that's all.
Not wrong or right if you do or dont...do what you want, she's your kid :)

PS - I was being sarcastic. Sorry, one of the other things that make me a bad parent.

I'm not worried about my kid. The school calls at 8:32 (they start at 8:30) if one of their students don't show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter