YOAMD Postcards and Winners

I don't think I saw it, but does it say, anywhere in the rules, that mechanical entries or labels will disqualify you? I have been using address labels.

Thanks!

No it doesn't say that in the rules but it does say "by writing..." so I would start from this point on to handwrite my info and save the labels for another time.

If anyone else wants to call, just PM me and I'll give you the phone number I used. Maybe if enough people inquire about the postcard size they will change the rules to idicate whether or not other sizes will be disqualified.

I too have been sending them in daily (even Sunday I take them to the PO). I have been printing them up on standard office index cards and printing the TO address the correct way on the card and the Info on the back in the alternate direction. Haven't gotten any back yet, so keeping my fingers crossed.:wizard:

If anyone else wants to call, just PM me and I'll give you the phone number I used. Maybe if enough people inquire about the postcard size they will change the rules to idicate whether or not other sizes will be disqualified.

I posted this last week, they changed the size of the post card:

To learn more about the Disney Dreams Giveaway, go to DisneyParks.com.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006–December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008, on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone #, birthdate and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Cinderella Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the Parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. DREAM FASTPASS badge and Disney Shopping Spree are only awarded at certain Theme Parks for use that day. Mail-in winners of Disney Shopping Spree and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Grand Marshall World Tour US $45,370, DREAM FASTPASS badge US $5, Cinderella Castle Suite stay US $587. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules (see disneyparks.com/rules) Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

†©2006 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM

OhMari -- What we are questioning is whether or not using the "official" prestamped postcard sold from the Post Office, which is 3-1/2 X 5-1/2, would cause an entry to be disqualified. Many are just cutting 1/2" off the cards, but others (like my lazy self!) have just been sending them "as is". I will cut them down to size if necessary, but was really hoping I wouldn't have to.

Just found this thread and it sounds like you guys have a lot of concerns. Hope I can answer some for you - because I won!!!

I've been sending my entries on a 3 x 5 index card. White cards - lined on one side. On the lined-side - the back - I print my name and personal info in a black fine liner. On the blank side - the front - I put a small return address sticker in the top left corner, the stamp on the top right, and I print the address in black fine liner.

I got a call a few weeks before Christmas - I'm Canadian so I had to answer a skill testing question - good thing I passed grade 3 math!
I was told I had won twice - a set of Mickey ears, and a pin lanyard set. I was so thrilled!!! woohoo!

The lady on the phone was so sweet - she told me to keep sending in cards as there was no limit as to how many times you can win.
Haven't received my stuff yet, but I'm assuming it's all caught up in the Christmas post office madness.

Congratulations, mickeywho?! That still doesn't answer our questions as to whether the standard postcards are being disqualified, but does answer the question of whether non-standard "postcards" are getting through. Maybe I'll try sending a couple of index cards, just in case.

Just found this thread and it sounds like you guys have a lot of concerns. Hope I can answer some for you - because I won!!!

I've been sending my entries on a 3 x 5 index card. White cards - lined on one side. On the lined-side - the back - I print my name and personal info in a black fine liner. On the blank side - the front - I put a small return address sticker in the top left corner, the stamp on the top right, and I print the address in black fine liner.

I got a call a few weeks before Christmas - I'm Canadian so I had to answer a skill testing question - good thing I passed grade 3 math!
I was told I had won twice - a set of Mickey ears, and a pin lanyard set. I was so thrilled!!! woohoo!

The lady on the phone was so sweet - she told me to keep sending in cards as there was no limit as to how many times you can win.
Haven't received my stuff yet, but I'm assuming it's all caught up in the Christmas post office madness.
Congrats! :cool1: :banana:

Have you been mailing your index cards to the Elmhurst, IL.USA address or the London, UK address? Just curious, as I'm just wondering if the London UK office is picking contest winners quicker than the Elmhurst, Il USA office.

Congrats! :cool1: :banana:

Have you been mailing your index cards to the Elmhurst, IL.USA address or the London, UK address? Just curious, as I'm just wondering if the London UK office is picking contest winners quicker than the Elmhurst, Il USA office.

ours go to a PO box in Elmhurst Illinois.

ours go to a PO box in Elmhurst Illinois.
Ok, thanks for letting me know, as I live in the Chicago area and just wondering if the Elmhurst,IL office is finally getting around to picking winners.

Congrats again, as you are the first person I know that has won from the YOAMD mail-in entries!! :banana: :cool1: Hope you will get the Mickey ears and pin lanyard set soon!!

Yes!!!! Finally a report from a mail-in winner. :woohoo: Hopefully we'll have some more winners checking in. It sounds like any type of postcard is allowed so I'm not going to bother cutting 1/2" off the ones I haven't mailed yet. Do you think they will actually contact U.S. residents that have won, or just send the items out? It would sure be a nice surprise to find a lanyard in my mailbox!

Congrats on your win, and thanks so much for sharing your good news! Very nice to hear someone getting picked - hope to hear from more people real soon!

:woohoo: congrats!!!

Glad the 3x5 card works, cuz thats what I have been doing too!!!

I am also a winner! I was won a lanyard decorated with 'A Year of A Million Dreams' and two pins with characters on them! They sent a card with it thanking me for entering the contest and asking me to keep on dreamin'!

I am also a winner! I was won a lanyard decorated with 'A Year of A Million Dreams' and two pins with characters on them! They sent a card with it thanking me for entering the contest and asking me to keep on dreamin'!

How long did it take for your package to arrive?
I've been waiting about a month now!:hourglass

Congrats! Just wondering, did they call you first, or did the lanyard just show up? Also, did it come through the post office, or by another source (Fed Ex, etc)?

:woohoo: :woohoo: Too cool!! I just won 3 times!!
My packages came certified US mail. I wasn't contacted before-hand by phone or e-mail. I won 2 lanyards/pins and a pair of the Mickey ears!::MickeyMo I entered with the pre-stamped post-cards from the post office. Good luck everyone, now I have to go out and buy more postcards so I can have a shot at the DVC!:rotfl: :thumbsup2

so exciting! I can't wait to get my mail today to see if We won!!!! Good luck everyone!

Do you have to sign for these things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter