Yikes!

Yeah, airfare is crazy right now. :eek:

I booked as soon as JetBlue released their latest dates.

$95 each way, DCA to MCO (non-stop)
Four passengers, total of $758.
November 6-November 13.

I thought that was high but I'm starting to realize that compared to what's out there right now, it's a pretty good deal.

I have priced flights for over 6 months. We would be going from NC to MCO and the cheapest thing I can find is over $1,000 for the 4 of us. We can go by Allegiant however we would have to extend our hotel stay to go along w/ their flight schedule. By the time I add another day of meals/hotel, etc., I am not saving anything.

It will take us 10-11 hours to drive. Even with crazy fuel prices we will still come out way ahead. I don't want to do it, but I just can not pay over 1000 for airfare, considering our location.

Just booked PHL-MCO for $240 per person for late August, going out on USAirways nonstop and back on Delta with one stop in Atlanta. Really wanted nonstop both ways but just outrageous at around $350 RT. That doesn't include the @#$%$$# luggage fees, of course!

A couple of tips. I see OP is in Cincinnati. have you looked at flights out of Columbus.
Also flights into Tampa can save you lots of $$$$. Tampa is on 1 hour and 15 minutes from Disney. MCO is 30 minutes from Disney so it only takes you about an extra 40 minutes to travel from Tampa to Disney. Plus the Tampa airport is not as hectic at MCO. Security is a piece of cake. We returned the rental car, stop to potty, at from the time we turned the car in to the time we got through security it only took 17 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter