Yikes! 2 1/2 more guests????Help!

melomouse

DIS Veteran
YIKES! :eek: :banana:

BFF, her DD(13) and infant boy(16 months) are suddenly, probably able to accompany my little family DD(13) and DS(turning 18) on our trip in 3 weeks.This is what I bought DVC for - to have friends accompany us - but the notice is sooo short...:confused3

We are currently booked at an OKW studio for a week. What are my best options to accommodate everyone and still not blow the point or the $ budget?? \Try to rent another studio? 1 BR is out, right - because of occupancy?? Go for the 2 BR? 2 separate ressies, using cash with the current promo for 2 weekend nites??

I know we all need same meal plan and everyone's name goes on the reservations but tho I'm really happy and excited that they can join us...I don't want to be using up all of next year's points...please, please - can anyone point me in the right direction???

I would try to do another studio and then try to pick up the points using the discount on weekends from the current rates.

This way, there is still flexibility if something happens. I would not risk changing to a 2 bedroom. Now, the fact that one of the children is under 3, you could get away with a 1 bedroom at both BLT or AKV, but I think it would be tight (and not sure how you would actually arrange the sleeping).

And, if you are in separate rooms, they do not have to do the dining plan (or you don't). But, in the same room, its all or nothing.

Good luck!

If dining out most of the time at WDW is a big part of the fun of your vacation then I would say 2 studios and DDP, but if having a little more “resort” based vacation and eating in works I would do a 2br on points for the weekdays and discounted cash on the weekends (or pick up some expiring points on the rent/transfer board for $5-6) and not do DDP and just get groceries and eat in the villa a lot. A 2br OKW villa is hard to beat for space.

bookwormde

The cheapest options are to try to get the weekend days on member discount and the weekdays on points at least enough to stretch your points to make it work for 2 studios. If you're eating out a lot as with the DDP, the 2 BR won't add enough extra benefit unless you don't do the DDP and use the kitchen a fair amount. You could also look at cheaper rooms though the AKV value are likely the only ones that would be cheaper than OKW. You could look at renting a reservation from someone else with distressed points or for CRO cash for whatever promotions you can find. I'm not sure if there is availability, you should likely check on this ASAP.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I needed all possibilities laid out so I could even THINK straight!! You guys are terrific!

I'll keep you posted...:wizard:

I will be there same time as you! 01- 22 - 02-02 YEAH! Anyway, go to the rental board, there are a TONNNN of rentals for ending 01-31 or sooner, you could probably get something at 8 or 9$ a point, and that is for SURE cheaper. Maybe rent a 2 bedroom 1/2 the time with there points and a 2 bed room 1/2 the time with yours, and get a whirlpool tub and washer dryer out of it. (Or consider a tree house if available.)
G.L!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter