Yet another random question....

FyreMickey

Earning My Ears
So I just keep thinking of new questions and can't help but ask them. I have currently interviewed for Fall 2011. During the interview I told the interviewer that I would most likely need a weekend of in September. My best friend is getting married, I have already decided that I will fly back for three days. My main question is does Disney offer transportation to the airport or would I need to drive my own car and leave it in long term parking or take a taxi?

Disney only offers transportation to the airport for guests staying at the resorts, unfortunately. You have to take a taxi or your car.

On another note, you told them over the interview that you need days off in September? I thought that was a big no-no! My adviser at school, who is in charge of the Disney program for my school and who works closely with Disney, told me that they don't really like it when people are already requesting days off when they haven't even been hired/accepted yet. That's why they asked you for full availability. He said to say you are fully available and then to request the days off after you start working for them. I'm sorry that I sound rude, but I'm just worried that this might have hurt your chances. (if you had already been accepted, than ignore everything I just said).

Disney only offers transportation to the airport for guests staying at the resorts, unfortunately. You have to take a taxi or your car.

On another note, you told them over the interview that you need days off in September? I thought that was a big no-no! My adviser at school, who is in charge of the Disney program for my school and who works closely with Disney, told me that they don't really like it when people are already requesting days off when they haven't even been hired/accepted yet. That's why they asked you for full availability. He said to say you are fully available and then to request the days off after you start working for them. I'm sorry that I sound rude, but I'm just worried that this might have hurt your chances. (if you had already been accepted, than ignore everything I just said).

You are very right, it may have hurt your decision already by mentioning that now. It is best to wait for acceptance and then after accepting your position BEFORE your arrival putting in a request for time off because of a circumstance. I don't know if a wedding would be approved though. Disney is VERY picky about giving cast members off. I know people who have asked for a week off to travel and have gotten approved for the first day or two and the last day or two but not the middle of their time off request.... strange but they are a business and need employees to run the business.

I asked the question during the interview as a tentative like what if this happens between the time I accept to the time I come down. I know for a fact that it is happening the week after labor day, so I just wanted to get the answer to the question. My interviewer tried to throw in a trick question so I threw one back at her :-) And no it was not rude at all.

I don't think you should of mentioned time off at all, the others are right regardless of how you phrased it that could be a turn off for the interviewer.

That being said my friend went home about 3 or 4 times while we were down there, and I mean flew home after requesting time off. One of those times was for a wedding. So the time off thing can be done.

I flew home for a wedding during my program and I got the first 2 days and the last day approved and had to give away a shift to someone and call in the other days inbetween.

This is also dependent upon move in dates for the fall program. I mean if they have a move in after the 11th of September I will choose to take that one of course it saves me money from having to buy a plane ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter