• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another Magic express question

eliza61

DIS Veteran
I give every one permission to lash me with wet noodles if this question has been asked a million times. I apologize, I tried looking through old threads.

My vacation is coming up soon (well not soon enough for me) and this is the 1st year I'm flying down, I usually drive (yep, we drive from NJ). Anyway when I made my ressies I did not have flight information to give. How long does it take to get your luggage tags in the mail? My vacation is Aug 22-Sept 1 ath the VWL and I booked my flight 10 mins ago.

No lashings here. You will recieve your tags approximately two to three weeks prior to your flight. Have fun planning. We booked our trip in Janaury and now have a week to go.
Enjoy

We received them about a month before we left. I heard that if you do not get them they will overnight them to you but you would have to call the ME number and they will help you out. :) How did you book it thru Disney or a TA?

Jrabbit910 said:
We received them about a month before we left. I heard that if you do not get them they will overnight them to you but you would have to call the ME number and they will help you out. :) How did you book it thru Disney or a TA?

Directly thru Disney.

Thanks All, now onto the ADR's....

i called last week and got them in 2 days by ups and we go in 7 days. what i want to know is can i pick up my luggages if i check it in at the airport or does magic express have to get it its going to be a small bag and eliza61 we normaly drive from ny so i here ya

don't worry too much about it at all. You can pick up your luggage if you want, but it will all be taken care of by Disney if you let them.

We went in Aug last year,,, all the bugs seemed to have been worked out and the service was fabulous!!!

you get your tags with your package (if you booked thru TA) or sent to you from Disney if you didn't..

have a great time!!! :wave2:

I have never used Magical Express before. Are you saying that I don;t even need to claim my own luggage? DW does it all. What if you are flying in from Canada.

heck you dont even need your luggage tags, I took 3 trips down there last year and didnt have tags for 2 of them (I recieved one set of tags a months after I had already returned...talk about screw up in the mail) when you get to the Express line you give your info to the person, they'll as you for info about your luggage, flight info, what it looks like (they have a large books of pics) and they will then get it and make sure it gets to your hotel.

We used ME last Sept and loved it. Got off the plane and immediately went to check in at the ME desk, boarded the bus and went to our resort. No luggage carousel! No jostling for that good position that will get you your luggage first so you can be on your way! No reaching through others to take YOUR bag that someone is picking up (by mistake of course). Our luggage showed up a little bit later in our room. Didn't have any problems!

ME works very well. We used it once before. Your bags really do magically appear in your room! :wizard: 'poof'! We're using it again in Aug. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter