freemsfive99

Earning My Ears
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I've actually never been on any discussion board website in my life (I'm only 19 years old). Basically, I'm here to ask a favor. To those of you who choose to continue reading, I thank you in advanced for your time.

Basically, my grandparents would take their kids to Disney almost annually growing up. They were not a very wealthy family, and would drive their car all the way down to Orlando from the tri-state region. My grandparents loved all the parks, and I was lucky enough to experience going to Disney World with them multiple times growing up. As a kid, I was obsessed with the monorail. I had the English and Spanish phrase memorized by the time I was four -- but mostly because at my grandparents' house was the talking monorail magnet. Yes, that elusive magnet that I have searched to the ends of the World Wide Web for throughout the past week.

My grandfather died suddenly about six years ago. He left my shy, soft-spoken grandmother alone -- they had been together since they were thirteen. She has not since even dated, and we talk about him everyday. Long story short, we were in Disney World last weekend for my grandmother's 75th birthday (side note: she couldn't even stay for the whole of Epcot's fireworks because it reminded her so much of my Poppy) and at one point she told me about how she has been searching eBay and Amazon looking this magnet for years. She's not super tech-savvy, so I thought I'd give it a shot...which led me here.

I don't know if anyone reading this will have this magnet, nor do I think they will desire to sell it to me if they do. But my parents, brothers and I are willing to put together quite a sum to give this gift to my grandmother. She has been the strongest rock in my family after my Poppy's death, and this would be an amazing thing to give back to her.

If anyone has any tips, please reach out. Thanks!

It sounds like you have wonderful memories of your grandparents. I don't have this magnet and you have already mentioned eBay, but I wanted to give you one eBay tip in case you didn't know it already: you can set a search through the app to notify you when results are posted. It looks like one sold back in April so they do pop up on occasion. Your best bet to get it before others do is to get a notification sent to your phone or email.

Best of luck finding this wonderful gift for your grandmother!

That magnet is my favorite souvineer of all time. Why don't they make them again??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter