Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen! 8/1 MK Parade

Kara, I loved your down time:thumbsup2 Caution - you could get used to it!:goodvibes It is funny how the pool is so inconvenient to get to. We also got resort gravity when we stayed there - we cancelled ressies at Fulton's and got a table at Boma that night. Oh, I'm cringing thinking about the BSIL stories!

It sounds like you had a lovely day at AKL. I always mean to just take a day to relax by the pool when I'm at WDW, but it never seems to happen. I always tend to overschedule. Maybe next time I can manage it since we'll be there for 12 days.

I can't wait to hear your BSIL stories, I have a few of my own I could share, but we won't go there.:rolleyes1

I can't wait for the BSIL stories too!:laughing:

We're thinking of doing some "down time/pool days" on our next trip but I'm the type that always thinks I'm missing out on something.:hyper:

Kara, I loved your down time:thumbsup2 Caution - you could get used to it!:goodvibes It is funny how the pool is so inconvenient to get to. We also got resort gravity when we stayed there - we cancelled ressies at Fulton's and got a table at Boma that night. Oh, I'm cringing thinking about the BSIL stories!

Love Boma!!!! But that's later in the TR.... don't get me off track, my mind is easily distracted.....

It sounds like you had a lovely day at AKL. I always mean to just take a day to relax by the pool when I'm at WDW, but it never seems to happen. I always tend to overschedule. Maybe next time I can manage it since we'll be there for 12 days.

I can't wait to hear your BSIL stories, I have a few of my own I could share, but we won't go there.:rolleyes1

This was the perfect resort to spend time in. Almost felt like we were wasting the trip not being in the park as long.... NAH!!!! And you'll love my BSIL (note: the "B" does NOT stand for beauty!).

Just joining and can't wait to hear the BSIL stories. Great report.

Again, the "B" does NOT stand for Brainiac.

I can't wait for the BSIL stories too!:laughing:

We're thinking of doing some "down time/pool days" on our next trip but I'm the type that always thinks I'm missing out on something.:hyper:

Kathy, I loved this resort for down time. The pool was fairly quiet, and to get up from the pool and head to the savannah overlook was pretty darn cool.

"B" does NOT stand for BEST.

I can't wait to hear about your BSIL.

Your AKL afternoon sounded great. Now I'm wondering if I should change one day of my plans for an AKV day finished with a boma dinner.

I totally agree with what you say about the AKL, the slide, the walking through the dining areas etc, all spot on! I'm eager to hear about the BSIL lol!

Yippee for another update! :cheer2:

If I have one complaint about AKL, it's that you have to walk through the lobby area of Boma and Jiko to get to the pool. It's very awkward really, and I felt so uncomfortable traipsing back in all wet and sloppy. And that was BEFORE I got in the pool! So you can imagine my appearance AFTER swimming! It's just an odd setup, IMHO.

:rotfl: at your description of yourself but yes, totally agree it is an odd set-up.

Sorry Ally wasn't a fan of the slide. Can't win 'em all, I guess. Your pool at home, by the way, sounds AWESOME. A cabana bar should be a requirement - right up there with lifeguards!

Oooooh, AKL has WILD animals in the pool!!!! :rotfl2: And wild children chasing them!

Ducks in the pool at Stormalong Bay. Is it just me or does this gross you out a little bit? :confused3 I don't know why... I swim in the ocean and in lakes (not FL lakes -- gators!!)... but ducks in the pool just doesn't seem right to me.

Then decided to head in and grab a drink. So we stopped at Victorias Falls and looked out over Boma.

Isn't that a nice bar area? Ally looks so adorable relaxing in her chair!

We finally settled in the lobby and Ally settled in front of the TV. Yup, there goes our Parents of the Year Award! Take a trip to Disney and let your kid watch TV while sitting in the lobby drinking wine. Oh, and people watching. Did I mention how totally entertainng Jeff and I find people watching? We can entertain ourselves for HOURS!!!! Just put us in an airport, amusement park, hotel lobby, and we'll sit quietly (well, aside from the ocassional outbursts of hysterical laughter) by ourselves.

Sounds divine. And yes, totally guilty of people watching with running commentary. :rolleyes1

We had a date with Epcot the next day before meeting up with my SIL, heretofore known as BSIL (you can figure out the B, right?) and her family, just arriving for a week at the World. If you were here this week, I'm sure you saw and heard their family.........

:scared1: That sounds ominous! :scared:

This is my second post to this website. I have read many trip reports but this one takes the cake. I am reading this at work and :rotfl2:. Ok back to work now :headache: I am looking forward to reading some more.

I can't wait to hear about your BSIL.

Your AKL afternoon sounded great. Now I'm wondering if I should change one day of my plans for an AKV day finished with a boma dinner.

I did like my Boma dinner.... just sayin.....:rolleyes1

I totally agree with what you say about the AKL, the slide, the walking through the dining areas etc, all spot on! I'm eager to hear about the BSIL lol!

It's kinda weird, isn't it??? At say, YC/BC, there are a lot of different exits to pop outside to get to the pool, you don't need to go through the lobby. Same with BW. Those are the only other deluxes I've stayed at, but it just seemed weird.

Sorry Ally wasn't a fan of the slide. Can't win 'em all, I guess. Your pool at home, by the way, sounds AWESOME. A cabana bar should be a requirement - right up there with lifeguards!

Lifeguards - CHECK!
Cabana Bar - CHECK!
AWESOME water slide - CHECK!!!

Ducks in the pool at Stormalong Bay. Is it just me or does this gross you out a little bit? :confused3 I don't know why... I swim in the ocean and in lakes (not FL lakes -- gators!!)... but ducks in the pool just doesn't seem right to me.

I totally agree! And you can say it - you 're afraid of duck poopoo, aren't you????

Isn't that a nice bar area? Ally looks so adorable relaxing in her chair!

Yes, very nice - they even put booze in the drinks!!! An added bonus! :thumbsup2

Sounds divine. And yes, totally guilty of people watching with running commentary. :rolleyes1

I typically sit to make my commentary.....:rolleyes1

:scared1: That sounds ominous! :scared:

Be afraid, be VERY afraid......

This is my second post to this website. I have read many trip reports but this one takes the cake. I am reading this at work and :rotfl2:. Ok back to work now :headache: I am looking forward to reading some more.

I will not, I repeat, will NOT, be responsible for you losing your job! Times are tough out there, get back to work!!!!! And thanks for reading!!!!

people watching is the best. My friend Brenda and myself used to make games of it. i.e. fashion commentary or try to guess the occupation of everyone who walked in.:rotfl2:

Can't wait for the BSIL storypopcorn::
My first marriage I had the worst in-laws (part of the reason for the marriage demise)
This marriage - PIL deceased, no other in-laws. yah! He's all mine:love:

I'm back! After a couple of busy weeks including an out of town wedding, battle with by BSIL over photopass pics, and just general end of school stuff. But finally back!

So after our first day at AKL and time spent at DHS and MK, it's up and at 'em again! This time we're off to my favorite park.... EPCOT!

This is our third time to WDW during the Flower and Garden festival and I just love it! I love Epcot anyway, but when it is just overflowing with beautiful blooms, it's even better.

So we get to the AKL bus stop and wait for our bus to Epcot. And wait. And wait. Like I've said a bazillion times before, there is no difference in bus transportation at any resort. It's hit or miss. Here we are in a deluxe resort and wait about 20 minutes for a bus, but we could have no wait at a value resort. It's just luck of the draw.

And our morning started out with a bit of bad luck. But I'm at Disney so who cares!!!!!

We finally hop our bus for the long trek to Epcot, and Jeff turns to me and says, so are we gonna play Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible again??? I start laughing and he says, "so are you gonna put that in your trip report? Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible? Get it?"

Yes, Jeff I get it, and it's pretty darn funny, and YES we are most definitely going to play Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible today!

Ally: What are you guys cracking up about?
Jeff: Oh, honey, we just love playing Kim Possible (aside, to me, <insert drinking motion here>)

So now that Jeff had something to look forward to......

My only complaint with Epcot, it's a haul from the bus to the entrance!!!!!

But finally inside..... paradise found!

P5020042.jpg

P5020043.jpg

P5020044.jpg

There were princess topiaries lining the walkway in, and leave it to Ally to find a problem...... "Mommy, where's Ariel?" OK, so not ALL the princesses were represented. Just the cool ones. ;)

P5020045.jpg

We got here right after park opening, so there's really no waits yet, so we decide to grab fast passes for Soarin - read, we decided to have JEFF grab fast passes for Soarin, but Ally had other ideas. For the first time in 3 years she begged to go into Character Connection to see the gang.

So I waited with her while Jeff made the FP trek. I was really excited she wanted to do this. It reminded me of our first trip to Disney 3 years ago. Ally had just turned 5 and was terrified of Chuck E. Cheese. Well, so am I but for other reasons. I mean, seriously? A RAT in a restaurant? You'd better believe I'm afraid!!!

Anywho, at one birthday party she literally hid under a table until he left. Terrified. And again, I was scared, too! I mean, don't you ever wonder what's under those tables???? :scared1:

So we just didn't know how she'd relate to the big heads at DisneyWorld. Our first stop was at Epcot, and we saw the relatively new Character Connection and thought it was a gift shop. Jeff poked his head in there, popped out and said, "they're all there." We decided now was as good a time as any to see how she'd react.

Let's just say, she was a fan. Until that darn Chip got Sharpie marker on her dress! Leave it to the darn chipmunks to mess up her attire for the day! She freaked! In a split second, two CMs are converging on us like Jeff at a wing buffet.

CM: Ma'am, did that chipmunk hurt your daughter?
Kara: Uh, I don't think so, I think he just.....
CM (to Ally): What did that chipmunk do to you?
Meanwhile, Chip is shrugging his shoulders, but still smiling.......
Ally (crying and fleeing the chipmunks): uh uh
Kara: I think he just....
CM (to Chip): What happened?
Chip: <smiling, shrugging shoulders, but still not talking>
Kara: HE JUST GOT SOME MARKER ON HER WHEN HE HANDED HER THE PEN, IT'S OKAY!!!!!!

So from then on, Ally felt horrible that she got Chip in trouble. He became her new favorite character and we must have seen that damn squirrel at least 12 times that trip!!!!!

But I digress.......

Here we are again.

P5020046.jpg

Still not pregnant, just dressing the part apparently. Cause if I wasn't pregnant in pics from the day before, ain't no way it happened overnight..... not in WDW!!!!

P5020047.jpg

P5020048.jpg

P5020049.jpg

P5020050.jpg

And where were Chip n Dale? Good question. I think they saw Ally coming and realized there weren't enough CM agents to handle her this time.

But here she was in 2006 with the infamous rodents..... BEFORE that Chip marked her shirt!

DisneyPhotoImage46.jpg

We were on our way to ride TT, when Ally spotted the fairies. Wow! These tiny creatures have taken over our house!!! Used to be princesses, but since they turned to the bottle, we've turned to the fairies...... And here they were in all their floral glory.

P5020053.jpg

P5020055.jpg

P5020054.jpg

P5020056.jpg

P5020057.jpg

P5020058.jpg

And of course, what fairie garden would be complete without taking the quiz for each and every one of the fairies???? :headache:

P5020059.jpg

We left the fairies and ventured over into the butterfly garden. This freaked me out too. Butterflys are what? They are BUGS!!! I don't do bugs. I don't care how colorful they are. They are bugs. And they were flying all over, cause, well, that's what butterflies do. They fly. Duh!

P5020060.jpg

P5020061.jpg

P5020062.jpg

Up next, the much awaited Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible Adventure!!!! And dinner with BSIL!

LOL! That is a really funny Chip story. Poor Ally was sad she got him into trouble. ;) Those are gorgeous photos!

LOL! That is a really funny Chip story. Poor Ally was sad she got him into trouble. ;) Those are gorgeous photos!

To this day she says, "mommy, remember when Chip marked on me?" We alwyas think of it as him marking his territory.... :rolleyes1

:lmao: hilarious as ever. :lmao: You guys are a hoot. I loved to hang out with yall <insert drinking motion> :lmao:

We laugh a lot, that's for sure!!!! <insert drinking motion over and over and over.....> LOL

Love the Chip story. I'm very excited about getting to the BSIL part.

Oh, you would not believe it!!!! Let me give you the latest. It will make the story from the trip even better. We asked if we could add our photopass card onto her account since they had already preordered the cd, right? She said SURE! So I log into her account (uh, she gave me the log in info, so obviously she agreed to this, right?) and after I uploaded my pics, a few days later they were gone! so I called photopass and it was confirmed the all my photos (not just from my card, but also some photos of us that were on their photopass card) were all manually deleted! So I had photopass add them back in. Then I changed my mind and told BSIL to just delete them. I emailed her this. And then I said, "oh, and can you please send me a check for your parnents gift from 13months ago...."

It's a long drawn out story but suffice it to say that she tried to lie and say that she didn't know what happened to our pics. Then she said that photopass "told her" to move them to a separate folder (what folder????) and I could add them in later. Then she said that no, the website told her to do that. But she would never admit to deleting them even though photopass person could look at the account and know exactly what happened!!!!

It got really ugly, but I kept my cool. Just straightforward and to the point. I'm just tired of always dealing with her BS. So now I'm the bad guy cause I've called her out. And she is busted BIG time!

So that's just one of many many stories I have of her.

To this day she says, "mommy, remember when Chip marked on me?" We alwyas think of it as him marking his territory.... :rolleyes1

We laugh a lot, that's for sure!!!! <insert drinking motion over and over and over.....> LOL

Oh, you would not believe it!!!! Let me give you the latest. It will make the story from the trip even better. We asked if we could add our photopass card onto her account since they had already preordered the cd, right? She said SURE! So I log into her account (uh, she gave me the log in info, so obviously she agreed to this, right?) and after I uploaded my pics, a few days later they were gone! so I called photopass and it was confirmed the all my photos (not just from my card, but also some photos of us that were on their photopass card) were all manually deleted! So I had photopass add them back in. Then I changed my mind and told BSIL to just delete them. I emailed her this. And then I said, "oh, and can you please send me a check for your parnents gift from 13months ago...."

It's a long drawn out story but suffice it to say that she tried to lie and say that she didn't know what happened to our pics. Then she said that photopass "told her" to move them to a separate folder (what folder????) and I could add them in later. Then she said that no, the website told her to do that. But she would never admit to deleting them even though photopass person could look at the account and know exactly what happened!!!!

It got really ugly, but I kept my cool. Just straightforward and to the point. I'm just tired of always dealing with her BS. So now I'm the bad guy cause I've called her out. And she is busted BIG time!

So that's just one of many many stories I have of her.

GGRRrrrrr:mad: I dealt with all this kind of &@!!$^#* with my first marriage.
So glad I don't have those problems now. :woohoo: Thank God my brothers even married the most fabulous women ever. One of my sister-in-laws has become my best friend. It's lots of fun:cheer2:

:rotfl:The chipmunk did "what" to your daughter.:rotfl:

I am so sorry to hear about your problems with the photopass pics and your BSIL.

And what's with the blouses of today. They all make us look pregnant, but what I don't understand, most maternity wear these days is clingy, tight and not maternity looking at all.:confused3

That's how ya tell the difference with the blouse - those with the real baby bumps have material stretched over them so tight there is no question they are pregnant and the rest of us are just plain comfortable:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter