Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen! 8/1 MK Parade

karajeboo

DISmom by land and by sea!
It's true..... If you've read my previous reports you know that I have a lucky streak, and it's happened again!

Just got back from another weekend in the World! We live in Jacksonville, just 2 1/2 hrs from WDW and we make the most of it.

This time, I didn't even need to drag my DH kicking and screaming. In fact, HE wanted to leave earlier than we actually did! Someone fess up - who's pumping the pixie dust into his office???

He was excited to check out our latest resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge. We try to stay at a different resort each trip, and this one was a bit intriguing for us. And because of that, this trip was done totally different than others.

Here we are.

P5030064.jpg

Me. Kara. 42. Being advised to enroll in a Disney 12-step program.

DH. Jeff. 39. Never lets me forget he's younger. Loves Disney when we're there, but outta sight, outta mind. So I make it a point to get him there for a weekend about every other month.

DD. Ally. 8. Going on 18. Loves Disney like her mama. Also knows she is spoiled rotten at WDW so she never turns down a trip.

Jeff fears that we will get "bored" if we go to WDW too often. Well, he also FEARS Dinosaur, but that's in my LAST Trip Report. Anywho....

Somehow, each time we "do" Disney, we do it right. And we don't overdo it or redo it. It's always different. Somehow, the magic remains trip after trip. And this trip we were lucky enough to experience a new resort, and new experiences on old attractions. Stick with me and I'll do my best to take you on a humorous trip with my family. Our trips are anything but dull...... especially when you're with "that guy" from Monsters Inc. :rolleyes1 Oh, did I give away too much? ;)

Up next, the incredible AKL and the first major upgrade!

Yay, I am glad I got to jump in early. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Already I've LOL'd 10 times!!! From just one post!!! You ARE the queen of upgrades- but you are also the Queen of Funny!:worship::rotfl2: Post some pictures already!!!!!!!!! I need to get psyched!!!!!!popcorn::

Sounds great, I can't wait to read more!

Stay tuned and buckle up!

Yay, I am glad I got to jump in early. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Early? You almost beat ME here!

Sounds Great

You can HEAR me? You need to talk to a dr I think....:rolleyes1

Already I've LOL'd 10 times!!! From just one post!!! You ARE the queen of upgrades- but you are also the Queen of Funny!:worship::rotfl2: Post some pictures already!!!!!!!!! I need to get psyched!!!!!!popcorn::

What are you talking about??? 10 times? You need to get out more often.... oh wait, you ARE out more - Disney, HHI, St John, OBX, DCL..... shall I go on??? :rotfl2:

My dd lived just north of Jacksonville for 6 months in GLYNNIS.
She had fun times in Jacksonville.
I wish I would have met you or gotten to know you, you seem like the type that would of checked up on my dd for me.

Looking forward to your report.

Well, "Howdy Neighbor!" We're in St. Johns County. Nothing better than heading down to Disney for the weekend. Aren't we lucky? (Even without the upgrades.) I can't wait to hear your report!!!

of course on board for this one too. Can't wait to hear about the upgrades, BSIL and your crazy DIS friends....

:woohoo:Another trip report from Kara! I get to live vicariously through you till we go in Sept. I've always wanted to stay at AKL, but couldn't afford it especially since we added DS's girlfriend to our Sept trip, what fun!

I can't wait to read about your latest upgrade.popcorn::

Yeah!! I get in on this one BEFORE it's finished:cool1::lmao:

Girl, I want your mojo when we finally get to go back next year:cool1: Disney did give us a night of the dining plan last time....so it could work again!!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear it all! AKL is special to me - hubs and I stayed there for our engagement trip and I love it!
Jenn

I'm in. Can't wait to read more. I am from Panama City Fl. Nice to have another Floridaian.

Yea to Floridians!!! Although we might be moving back to SC after less than 2 years here in sunny FL.

My dd lived just north of Jacksonville for 6 months in GLYNNIS.
She had fun times in Jacksonville.
I wish I would have met you or gotten to know you, you seem like the type that would of checked up on my dd for me.

Looking forward to your report.

Yes, I'm a very nice person.... ;) Every time I see your name I think of that old Chrysler commercial with Ricardo Montalban. Volare. And I sing the song but change it to Oh Mari. :rotfl2:

Well, "Howdy Neighbor!" We're in St. Johns County. Nothing better than heading down to Disney for the weekend. Aren't we lucky? (Even without the upgrades.) I can't wait to hear your report!!!

I just wish there were an easier way to get to I-95. I think there is a road to be built from over hear in Clay County, that go from I-10 to I-95 somewhere down by St A, but I'm sure it will be years!!!!

Ooooooo UPGRADES! Are they magical?!

Aren't they all? :confused3

More upgrades?! You're so darn lucky! I can't wait to read more. :)

Yes, and this was a big 'un, too!

of course on board for this one too. Can't wait to hear about the upgrades, BSIL and your crazy DIS friends....

In case any of you are wondering, BSIL is my SIL who is a B. Pretty self explanatory, huh? She and her family were in Disney for the week and we were oh so lucky to spend time with them! :sad2:

:woohoo:Another trip report from Kara! I get to live vicariously through you till we go in Sept. I've always wanted to stay at AKL, but couldn't afford it especially since we added DS's girlfriend to our Sept trip, what fun!

I can't wait to read about your latest upgrade.popcorn::

Loved loved loved AKL! And I've got the pics to prove it!

Yeah!! I get in on this one BEFORE it's finished:cool1::lmao:

Girl, I want your mojo when we finally get to go back next year:cool1: Disney did give us a night of the dining plan last time....so it could work again!!:thumbsup2

It's a curse, what can I say? Honestly, I think we get these upgrades cause we are only staying 2 or 3 nights. Really. Or maybe it's my charming personality? :confused3

I can't wait to read about your latest fun trip and upgrade.

Great this time I made the first page.

Yea for the first page!!! You win! Something.....

Can't wait to hear it all! AKL is special to me - hubs and I stayed there for our engagement trip and I love it!
Jenn

Then you can relive it through all my pics. I took over 400 pics over a weekend!!!! Ally was about to disown me this trip....

I'm especially interested in your TR because you stayed at AKL- I feel like NO ONE writes trip reports who stays there, and I'm staying there in July for 8 nights!!! Can't wait to hear more!

bump

Enjoyed Upgrades, underwear...... Just figured this adventure would be interesting to read as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter