Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

Thanks for the stories. We just got back yesterday from a 5 day trip (too short!) and we're exhausted by our 2.5 yr old. We're thinking about going back in May for our 10 yr wedding anniversary w/o the little guy, but are still undecided.

Not only that Disney is granting wishes (or as some may say, just doing it more publicly), but that it's inspiring an online community to join in.

I do hope someone from the DIS gets a "wish" simply because of all the unselfishness I've read in this thread! Karma comes around! (and it doesn't have to be me either!)

peace
figgy

TLC371 said:
My boyfriend proposed to me last week when we were at Epcot. He knew I really wanted to get a picture with The Beast, Belle and Aurora. He talk to the cast member with Aurora and told her he was getting ready to propose to me and wanted to know if Aurora could come and pose with The Beast and Belle. She originially told him no, that they can't allow characters to pose like that. A few minutes later, she came back over and said since it was a special occasion, she was going to allow for Aurora to pose with Belle, The Beast and us. It was such a magical moment to have my boyfriend propose with some of my favorite characters watching, and I'm so grateful in that cast members help in making that moment even more special for us!

that was nice of them! Congratulations!!!

We have always had magical trips, but 3 moments really stand out to me.

The first was at the little princess store across from Playhouse Disney LIVE. I asked a CM where he got a certain pin from so that I could go and buy one. He asked me if I traded, and I told him I only collect, so he gave it to me. I wear that pin every trip now (it was a Minnie in wedding gear).

The second was about a year and half ago. We were in DTD and we went to the guest service counter to get DD her very first AP. The CM thought she was so sweet and gave her a full sheet of princess stickers. He also gave her a pink AP (pink is her favorite color) with Cinderella on it. It was one of the ones advertising for Cinderellabration. She still has it and often pretends she is at WDW and uses it to get her "fastpasses".

The third was a technical difficulty on Dumbo. We sat in the cars for about 20 minutes before they could fix the problem. We rode the ride and when it was over, they sent us around again. It was perfect timing because the fireworks had just started and we watched them flying around on Dumbo. DD still talks about it to this day. And this was really something as DD HATES fireworks. These are just a few on the many reasons we love WDW.

OK, so I'm ALL excited about YOAMD. We usually visit WDW about 3X a year, but we're got 5 trips planned so far starting 10/1. Now, we're not really expecting anything, but it's always fun for us to see other people's "magical memories." We try and participate, in our own little way, too - one of our favorites is giving out fast passes!

Anyhow, we've got a trip planned for F&W in November staying at OKW with a WHOLE group of people we've convinced to join us at the same time. I'd say we've got 4 or 5 groups (family/friends) joining us at that time.

So, we get our ME tickets in the mail today. Not thinking anything of them, I open them up to stick in our file and I notice they say "Grand Floridian" on them. Now, GF is my absolute FAVORITE resort - and we've never stayed there (a little too expensive for us). But, we always visit either for a walk on the grounds, or for a Margarita at Narcoossee's. (By the way, the bartender there makes the BEST Margaritas!)

Immediately, I get SO excited - we got an "upgrade" for the YOAMD!!! Then, I started to think... we're staying at OKW on points (DVC), and it "technically" is a different corporaton, and wouldn't Disney have notified me before this with something official. So, I called to confirm.

Input error. OKW is correct.

Oh, well. A bit of a letdown, but we're still excited to go! It's a first trip for 5 of the people in our group, and it's the first trip for my brand new neice (who I'm sure will be fantastically spoiled by us on this trip).

Regarding the Year of a Million Dreams, did anyone else catch the new Disney commercial that was on last night at approximately 8:30p, half way through 'Dancing with the Stars' show?

It had ABC stars in it talking about dreams and their own dreams and one was star was Jun from Lost and another star was Mike from Desperate Housewives.

It is to be continued tonight, same time, same place!!

I just knew it was a Disney commercial even though the stars only talked about dreams and their own dreams. It ended with one singer saying "have all my dreams come true?"

I can't wait to see part 2 tonight!!

What a great thread! I'll be sure to post any "dreams" I see while I'm there in 35 DAYS!!!

Have a question - I'll be traveling solo for this November trip, and I'd like to spread some of my own Pixie Dust, but I want to be very careful about how I do it - single woman handing out stuff might make some parents nervous. What can I do that won't make anyone feel uncomfortable but that might make someone's day? (I know I wouldn't want anyone giving my DDs any kind of food, so that's out)...thanks for any suggestions you can give me! :thumbsup2

Al and Kate's Mom said:
I'll be traveling solo for this November trip, and I'd like to spread some of my own Pixie Dust, but I want to be very careful about how I do it - single woman handing out stuff might make some parents nervous. What can I do that won't make anyone feel uncomfortable but that might make someone's day?

I always give up my seat on the bus. Which to me is good manners but given the reactions I get most people seem to see it as pixie dust!

We had several special moments on our trip earlier this month. Three of my girls got to help teach the hand jive at Lion King. Two of them got picked out of the line to do laser target practice at Buzz Lightyear. My 3 y/o and DH were hanging out in a shop (waiting for the rest of us to ride a ride) and the CM gave her a candy bar. Also a really nice CM in Epcot gave all 5 of my girls pins since they were wearing lanyards with no pins. (We had attached their Keys to the lanyard so we didn't have to keep track of them). He thought they needed to start a collection. Later in the week a CM at AK gave the 3 y/o another pin for hers.

They had great fun with all the little surprises. I just keep thinking they would expect that much attention every time they went. I think we were just very fortunate to have gone at a low crowd time. :cheer2: :moped:

MagicJunkie said:
My family and I went to MGM on Friday night instead of going to dinner and a movie. We were approached by a cast member as we entered the park and asked if we were planning on riding RNR or TOT. When we answered yes he said we could be the Family of the Hour. He took us into guest relations where we got a Magical Moments certificate and coupons for free icecream and free popcorn and drink to use at Fantasmic for all 5 of us. Then he took us to RNR and we went to the front of the line using the back entrance. The best part of the whole thing was just talking to CM "Stevens". He is a true Disney spirit. He even rode the ride sitting next to me, so of course I bought the pic.

Wow - that is so great! :thumbsup2

cnids00 said:
I bought 100 prestamped, prepaid postcards at the postoffice for 26.00 and will buy more before they are gone.

What size are the postcards? Disney wants 3 1.2x5 and the ones I have are 4x6. Didn't think to get ones from the post office.

Wigit12 said:
What size are the postcards? Disney wants 3 1.2x5 and the ones I have are 4x6. Didn't think to get ones from the post office.

I also bought mine from the Post Office. They are 3.5 x 5.5 which is the standard size; the smallest postcard the post office will accept/deliver.

I think the post office ones are perfect for this.

This thread is so beautiful.

One of my very best friends is taking her family to Disney this November. She and her husband had their honeymoon there 11 years ago and have been dying to go back ever since. Now they finally are and they're bringing their two wonderful kids with them. I sent her an e-mail yesterday with links all about the YOAMD with the title "As if you need more reason to be excited." They are bouncing off the walls with excitment :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: . It's so cute. Her husband gives me the official countdown each time I see him.

I hope they are covered with pixie dust on their trip! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: I can't even tell you how much they deserve it.

Love this thread!!! Only Disney, huh? When we go on our trip we are gonna see a lot of people being friendly aren't we? That is so exciting!! I've posted before that our group(12) was given free tickets to the millionaire show when they were doing an actual taping w/Meredith and we were given golden ears. We were thrilled!! We watched the show but could only see my mom on there. We are looking forward to seeing dreams come true on our Jan. trip. I'm just happy to be there!!

Last Tuesday night we were having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. We had a really great server and were having a blast with the characters. We were waiting for our desert and our server came out and some of the other servers as well and they were ringing a big hand bell. They were carrying a big cake so it looked like it was someone's birthday. Well, they headed right to our table! At first I was like, oh no! they have the wrong table! and then our server asked if it was our birthday. we said no and she said "then it must be your unbirthday!" and they gave us the cake, lit the candles on it and gave us a certificate! It was such a great and unexpected surprise. One of the highlights of our trip. Afterwards, our server told us that it is something new that they are doing at the Magic Kingdom. She said it was nice that we appreciated it so much. She said that some families don't. How do you not appreciate free cake?!? We felt so special to be chosen - it was a great feeling :goodvibes

beattyfamily said:
Regarding the Year of a Million Dreams, did anyone else catch the new Disney commercial that was on last night at approximately 8:30p, half way through 'Dancing with the Stars' show?

It had ABC stars in it talking about dreams and their own dreams and one was star was Jun from Lost and another star was Mike from Desperate Housewives.

It is to be continued tonight, same time, same place!!

I just knew it was a Disney commercial even though the stars only talked about dreams and their own dreams. It ended with one singer saying "have all my dreams come true?"

I can't wait to see part 2 tonight!!

LOL I saw that and I turned to my DBF and said "This is a Disney commercial. I just know it. This is ABC and Disney owns ABC and Disney is doing this Year of a Million Dreams thing." He is just staring at me with this bemused smile on his face and probably thinking I was crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter