Year of a Million Dreams swag - post here!

I had previously posted about my family receiveng the dream ears while exiting BTMRR in October. Well, we just returned from a 3 day trip, and won something else. My daughter must be the luckiest girl...and only when I'm not with her! She and my father-in-law were waiting for the Animation Academy at DCA on Tuesday when they received the lanyard with 2 pins. We are not pin collectors, but these 2 pins are so sweet! They have the YOAMD logo in the middle, graced on each side by a character. Very nice! I told my daughter we need to split up more often and maybe she'll win the DVC ownership! Keep in mind taht she's 9! LOL!!!!

We went this past weekend and got the ears AGAIN! Woo hoo!

It was on Sunday, and the prize patrol was at the front of the park as you walk through the tunnel into Main Street USA, on the right side by the old stroller rental area. There were about 4 - 5 CMs, and they had shoulder bags full of them.

We recieved free fast passes for Buzz Lightyear as we were exiting the ride. It was cool :cool1: and made me feel special for a minute. THAT is Disneyland to me! :love:

Gee..I go every weekend and haven't won a thing. I haven't even seen the prize patrol!

We were there Dec 10-16 and we won the fast passes on Monday.We were entering the park under the right side of the bridge when I seen the dream team giving them away.I told DH hurry come over here.He thought I was just being rude.Boy was he glad he listened.

Then later that same day DD10 and I split off with the rest to go to TOT (with the other's fast passes)and the second time we got off the team was giving the lanyards out.Boy where the others mad.One of the dream team members said I should go play the lottery we were so lucky.BTW those marketing people did there job-everyone bought lanyards and pins.We started pin trading.Very Fun!!!!They got our money.If anyone is interested in starting to pin trade go to the character wharehouse and buy their cheapest pins and trade them for the ones you want.Don't buy them.

On our last day I recognized 2 of the dream team so we tailed them.Didn't get anything,but DD5 had on her Snow White costume and one of them made her a balloon apple .She carried it around like it was gold.They asked if we wanted them to buy us lunch but we thought they were just kidding(didn't know they were dream team then,we said Blue Beyu they said too hard to get into)They said to watch starting Christmas Day they are going to be announcing something big.????BTW they have lightish blue button-up shirts on and have a black bag that says YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS on it.When they are on offical business they have on white vests.

Good Luck to all.Hope this helps.

:wizard: On 12/15/06 our visit ever to DL we got the dream fast pass as we were exiting the astro blaster. :banana: My family had no idea what was going on, I just couldn't believe it. On the next day we were HONORARY CITIZEN OF DISNEYLAND, we did the opening count down and waved everyone into the park.

DisGirl819 said:
We recieved free fast passes for Buzz Lightyear as we were exiting the ride. It was cool :cool1: and made me feel special for a minute. THAT is Disneyland to me! :love:

Did you get your passes on the Monday after Thanksgiving sometime in the morning? There was a family about 2 people ahead of us that got the fastpasses coming off of Buzz Lightyear. I was so jealous!

101106_100254041692.jpg

Has anyone seen this? It's the royal suite in the castle.

Late January is when they start putting lucky guests in.

Swag as it is used today has a double meaning. There is the "loot or plunder" definition, but how it came back into common parlance is also interesting.

Back in the peak of the dot com boom, tech conventions and trade shows became very competitive for the assorted vendor who used all sorts of marketing gimicks to attract attendees to their booths. Giveaways included t shirts, leather covered notebooks, upscale snack items- even drawings for computers or the $1000 software packages being pushed. "Swag" came to be used as an acronym for Stuff We All Get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter