YC or BC?

TartanFan

Mouseketeer
Well, this year's holiday is over so it's on to planning for next year - it's only 11 months away!

We have a rented home for two weeks as we're holidaying with another family and 2 weeks onsite is just not in the budget! We (me, DH and DD who'll be 13 at the time) will be arriving probably 3 days before so thought we'd treat ourselves with an on-site stay. This will be a mainly resort-based stay and the only resorts left that we would like to try and haven't yet are YC/BC. DD really wants to experience Stormalong Bay!

The (long!) question is - which one? Looking at photos on allears, I'm leaning toward YC. But maybe the ambience at BC would be better for a 13yo?

Anyone have any advice? Please?

I've never stayed there, but thought I'd give you my $.02 worth. I personally like the beach club ambience better, but the YC has balconies from all rooms and the BC doesn't. B/c otherwise they are essentially the same (just different decor), I might go with the YC for the sure balcony. However, I think some can still be the little standing only balconies, which would be beter than nothing but not my ldea. I'm also curious to see what people who stay there think, sorry I couldn't help more:(

We have stayed at both the BC and the YC. I love them both and love the location. Since they are sister hotels you share the same pools and restaurants.

The room sizes and layouts are basically the same. Both share SAB and each has a quiet pool.

Stay at the BC if you want a softer, pastel decor. The only issue I have with the BC is that not all rooms have a "full" balcony. Some rooms have a balcony that only one person can stand out and view. The "full" balconies have 2 chairs and a small table. We have never had an issue w/ getting a "full" balcony -- we have this request noted on our ressie. At check-in I request again the "full" balcony or a patio room. The BC is closest to Epcot and to the BW which is an advantage to many.

The YC has of course a nautical theme -- its feels more formal than the BC. It's got a more masculine feel to it. All rooms here have either a "full" balcony or patio. This is a convention hotel which can be an issue to some w/ noise levels all hours of the day/night. Its' a longer walk to Epcot and the BW.

A boat is available to Epcot, MGM and the BW from the dock.

There was JUST a special about YC/BC on the Travel Channel. The show itself is called Great Hotels and they featured both. If you can, see if they are playing repeats of it (if you get the Travel Channel).

YC definitely looks more masculine to me as well. I don't like the room decor as much (not big into the stark white/blue with the floral bedspreads.) I like the softer colors and more laid-back tone of YC. We're staying in the Beach Club Villas this November and I can't wait!

We stayed at the BCV last year and loved it. We spent some time in both the Yacht club and the Beach club. I personally prefer the theming of the Beach Club as I prefer the pastal colour and the relaxed atmosphere of it. I personally find the Yacht Club a bit too formal for me. Saying that as the hotels are linked together you can spand time exploring both hotels, we did last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter