YC - Have you ever had any problems there?

TMM

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We have booked the YC from January 4 - 12, 2006. I know most rave above the resort, but are there any issues or concerns I should be aware of. So far we have booked just a standard room. Are there any locationswe don't want to be placed at the resort (ie overlooking the parking lot)?

Has anyone stayed there sans children? Was it hard to get a king bed request?

I heard all the good, no tell me the bad ;)

We have stayed at the Yacht Club many times over the years and we never had any major issues with anything. The location is great, especially if you plan to eat dinner in any of the Epcot restaurants. My one and only complaint about the Yacht Club is that the only places to get breakfast are Beaches and Cream (which is a bit of a walk, especially if you must have coffee first thing in the morning) or in the small lounge on the first floor. Otherwise, it is a great resort. Enjoy your stay there!

Disney Freak Numero Uno said:
We have stayed at the Yacht Club many times over the years and we never had any major issues with anything. The location is great, especially if you plan to eat dinner in any of the Epcot restaurants. My one and only complaint about the Yacht Club is that the only places to get breakfast are Beaches and Cream (which is a bit of a walk, especially if you must have coffee first thing in the morning) or in the small lounge on the first floor. Otherwise, it is a great resort. Enjoy your stay there!

You mean there is no place for brekkie in the YC? Wow! What about room service if decided to go that route a few days?

You can get Breakfest at the yacht club galley it is either ala cart or a buffet. also they have a continental breakfest in the lounge in the lobby. then you can go to beaches and cream or Cape May(buffet) or the new little store on the beach club side has pastries ect.. dont fret there is plenty of food to be had.

tnkrbell said:
You can get Breakfest at the yacht club galley it is either ala cart or a buffet. also they have a continental breakfest in the lounge in the lobby. then you can go to beaches and cream or Cape May(buffet) or the new little store on the beach club side has pastries ect.. dont fret there is plenty of food to be had.

Breakfast at the Yacht Club Galley could be considered "seasonal". When the hotel is slow, they close the restaurant which still amazes me.

Breakfast at the Yacht Club Galley could be considered "seasonal". When the hotel is slow, they close the restaurant which still amazes me.

I think it use to be that way but I do believe it is has stayed open since it was last closed. :sunny:

had a problem at the YC or BC. Ever! Let's see, we've stayed at each of the resorts twice. And, we're going back to the BC 7/2-7/9.

You can't beat two things: the location and Stormalong Bay. Oh, and dining choices abound! You're so close to WS, and you have the boardwalk restaurants plus Yachtsman Steakhouse and Cape May. And Beaches & Cream.

You'll love it - we always have a great stay.

PamNC

tnkrbell said:
I think it use to be that way but I do believe it is has stayed open since it was last closed. :sunny:

And I am sure it will stay open until it closes again. ;) I don't think that they should have closed it for any reason because it is a rare quality hotel that doesn't have a moderately priced sit down restaurant that serves 3 meals a day. Closing it sporadically affects food quality and service.

As Pam said
You can't beat two things: the location and Stormalong Bay. Oh, and dining choices abound! You're so close to WS, and you have the boardwalk restaurants plus Yachtsman Steakhouse and Cape May. And Beaches & Cream.

As she knows :flower: I agree completely!!

There are plenty of great places to eat in the Yacht Club area. Spoodles has a great breakfast and it is only maybe a 5 minute walk from the YC. Suggest you go over to allearsnet.com and check out the dining menus for the hotels in the Epcot resort area......Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter