YC concierge - is it worth it!

adams66

<font color=blue>Lives with a cute chef named Wyat
Our family has never stayed at a concierge but have been to Disney many times. We are at the point now that we don't do it commando style at the parks and take more time to enjoy the resorts. We did this last time at AKL. I would love as much detailed info on the YC concierge as possible. I already know that I want to stay at the YC, but I am just trying to decide if it would be worth the extra money. I have 2 sons (they will be just turning 7 in Nov and the other will turn 6 at Disney). My oldest is a good eater and I think he usually gets his money's worth at restaurants. That said, my youngest is a "picker" at best and my husband usually is only interested in one decent meal a day. I think that the snacks could probably satisify both of them quite a bit. What is offered for food at the lounge. I realize that it is not meant to be full-size meals.

Do they ever have beer there - do you know if you could bring one in? It's not that we're alcoholics but my husband does enjoy a beer when he kicks back. I think I would take advantage of the wine/cordials, but I don't think he'd be up for it.

Is it kid friendly?? Anyone have kids with you recently? How old? Did you use Harbor Club (kid sitting)? Anything else you can offer would be great. Also, what rate did you get?? What view - any discounts.

Sorry that I rambled on here it's just that I am getting ready to call in the next day or so for a January 03 trip.

Thanks.
Lisa

I'm bumping this up. Even if someone can't answer all my questions, please answer some.:D

I know I could have posted this on the YC/BC FAQ but I thought I might get more hits here?

I'm booked there in about a month, so I can't answer many of your questions, but I can help with one.

We've used the Sandcastle Club at the Y/BC and the harbour Club at the BW (not sure which one you meant) when DS was younger. He enjoyed both. In facgt we've used most of the childcare options a tone point in time or another, and the only one he never really wanted to go back to was the Mouseketeers Clubhouse at the GF, too "babyish"--he was 11 or so at the time.

As far as my rate, I'm in a concierge waterview room, and the rate was quite attractive. But I can't say exactly what it was. Let's just say I know the right people ;)

Anne

I would recommend sending a PM to princess angel (Laura). :D She just booked my YC concierge trip for October and she is VERY knowledgeable about it. ;) I'm sure she could answer ALL of your questions. :D Oh, and she's SUPER nice too. :D

Also, if the search feature starts working again, she has a great YC concierge trip report. :D

My DH and I stayed at YC Concierge last April for our 15th anniversary. We were bumped up from a Standard Room when we checked in - what a nice surprise!

The CM's who work there are great. The trip planners can help you out with just about anything you want to do at WDW.

The lounge was very nice and so were the food and beverage offerings. They don't have beer - but they do have wine and cordials. Most rooms have mini-refridgerators where your DH could probably keep some beer. The loung is great for breakfast, snacks and dessert. We also like to pick up bottled water before going to the parks.

Can't help you with the Harbor Club - the only club we've used is the Neverland Club at the Poly which our kids really enjoyed (they were 7 & 10 then).

Hope this helps!

Lisa:cool:

Thanks alot -

I wonder which rooms have fridges? We have one of those coolers that plug in to the car cigarette lighter and then you can plug it in to a regular outlet. We will have it with us so I guess it really doesn't matter but I just wondered what the difference in the rooms was.

adams66....I believe all of the concierge rooms have small fridges. We stayed in 5161 last Dec. and we had one.

Depending on what time of the year you're going, they're offering some very good discounts on concierge rooms with the code that just came out recently.

Unfortunately, I am not planning on going until January. I just hope the next batch of codes is a good as this one. It makes me almost consider switching to early December but I'd do better budget-wise going after Christmas. That way I incorporate the trip into Christmas presents for the boys (e.g Disney Dollars, Beach towels etc.) That way I am spending $ on both the trip and Christmas at the same time.

figmentvi-

I forgot to ask, what kind of view did you have? Also, did the lounge seem crowded with all the discounted rooms? I read on another post somewhere (maybe another site) that someone had a terrible poly concierge stay recently...so many people b/c of the discounts, some of the guests were less than gracious "sharing the snacks and such". One guy took a whole box of pb&j 's to his room leaving none for the others. I suppose this could be a different thread but you would think that the staff would have stepped in in a case like that.

Here are pictures of Yach Club concierge

Laura (Princess Angel) has been having problems with her computer this past week so you can just e-mail her directly (check your private message, I sent you her e-mail).

She is the expert on the YC concierge.

You have good chance of getting a discount in early Jan. That's a very slow time in WDW. If you don't have an Annual Pass, you may want to think about getting one if they come out with AP discounts. It will save you more than the cost of the ticket itself. Only 1 person in the party needs to have an AP.

We had a Lagoon View. Probably one of the most spectaular views I've ever had in Disney. From my bed, I could see all of Boardwalk and part of Epcot. Including the Eiffel Tower. Made me think I was in France, LOL. At night, we could see the fireworks of Illuminations.

The lounge was never crowded and I never encountered anyone who was greedy. The CM's were very good about re-stocking.

Forgot to mention that we stayed there the first week in Dec. and will be staying there the same time this year. Yipee!!!

Thanks for posting that link josierac, it was nice to see the concierge again.

Adams66....FYI the food that you see laid out in those pictures are the afternoon snacks and some of the offerings at the evening dessert/cordial time.

The view of Boardwalk is almost the same view I had, with the exception of our room was a little more to the right, which brought Epcot into view.

I just wanted to tell Adam that I don't think that is fair.

Kind of similar to the way a kid whose birthday is Christmas day gets ripped off.

Thanks TgrLvsPooh and Josierac! I feel popular right now :) LOL!

My computer problems are resolved for the time being! :)

I am happy to give you info on the YC concierge!
Let me just start by saying that imho, you are making an excellent choice by staying at the YC concierge! It is a wonderful way to spend a non-commando style WDW vacation :)

The views are either standard or lake. The standar are either parking lot/front entrance or they can be quite nice views on the lake side of the resort - these rooms have views of either the courtyard w/the donald duck topiary or Storm a long bay. Some of these rooms even have a lake view from the side!

The concierge lake view rooms all have direct lake view! These rooms are awesome. They are located either over the courtyard w/the Donald duck topiary or over storm a long bay. Both have direct view of crescent lake, the Boardwalk, the lighthouse, and you can see some of world showcase to! France, Morocco, & Japan. The rooms over the courtayrd are closer to the lounge, but the rooms over SAB have more dramatic views!

The concierge rooms and lounge have all just been renovated, just this month! The rooms all have new furniture, and all new decor, including a gorgeous red chair in each room w/little anchors all over it. each room has a Mickey lamp too !:)

The lounge has been made larger, (I can't wait to see it in November!) The food is wonderful, for breakfast they have:
Bagels, danish, 4 types of bread, mini muffins, croissants, cream cheese, butter, jelly, peanut butter, about 5 different cold cereals, and instant oatmeal. fruit, and a cake, usually either coffee cake, blueberry crumb, or zucchini bread :) also donuts (krispy kremes :))
milk, juice, coffee, tea, water.

during the afternoon hours they have popcorn, pretzels, chips n' salsa, breadsticks wrapped in bacon, assorted nuts, cookies (4 kinds - macadamia nut, choc chip, sugar and oatmeal) apples, bananas, oranges, pudding cups, a little later in the afternoon they put out a cake.. (either chocolate mousse, white w/coconut frosting, flan,or cheesecake..)
soda, water, lemonade, juice...

The evening hor deuvres offer a very nice selection! They usually have about 6 -7 of these choices out: cocnut chicken, mini corn dogs, quesidillas, vegie wraps, quiche, sushi rolls, scallops wrapped in bacon, plus others... plus they always have a large veggie tray, cheese and crackers, nuts, whole fruit, cookies, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
wine - red, white and blush, soda, water, lemonade. (sorry no beer.)

Late evening brings about 5 different cordials - baileys, frangelico, amaretto, kahlua, grand marnier....
and a large array of mini pastries, about 7 - 10 different kinds, plus a featured cake of the evening (choc mousse, white cake w/coconut frosting, flan, cheesecake) yummy cupcakes :) and cookies.

The coffee, and tea is out all day long, from 6am - 10pm.

Yacht club concierge is wonderful, however as beautiful as the decor is, and as good as the food is, and as nice as the lounge is... the one thing that makes it all magical is the amazing staff! the concierge cm's are so very nice, and welcoming, you will have the BEST time!

The concierge is kid friendly, they have cartoons on the TV, and they hang the pictures that kids color up on a little bulletin board. Your kids will be comfortable!

If you have any furhter questions, or if you'd like some help planning, send me a PM or e-mail :)

Laura :)

Hey Richyams-

Thanks for being concerned about my kids Christmas being fair! LOL! Believe me, between me, my mother and my MIL, not to mention all of their many aunts and uncles, they still get plenty of other non-Disney gifts for Christmas. What I meant to imply was that by doing a few gifts like that, it kept me a little more budget minded and also let them build up excitment for the trip. Also, one's birthday is in Nov and the other in Jan so the poor souls already have their birthdays close enough to Christmas time. In fact it seems so long for them that just the other night they wanted to start to make up Christmas lists! LOL again. :earsboy: :earsboy:

For the other posters- Thanks so much for the info. I'll pm you with any more specific questions I may have. I am so excited to book this trip. I can't wait for my boys to see SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!