Yay or nay on this teacher gift idea

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great ideas! I'm really enjoying this thread.

Oh, on a side note - I won't eat baked goods unless I know the baker really well. A few years ago, someone at work bought a cheesecake from someone else for my birthday and it had cat hair in it, blech. I wasn't just one or two, either. Also, I work at a children's hospital and one of the moms brought in baked goods for the staff - when one of the nurses asked for the recipe the mom casually mentioned that she was out of milk so she used breast milk :eek: Luckily for me it wasn't on my unit!

:scared1::scared1::scared1: Oh my gosh, I will never look at a baked gift the same way again!

I had a quick teacher gift question. DD's Kindergarten teacher is pregnant with her first child. I was thinking of getting her a Christmas Memories book. I can get it for $8 and it is a spiral bound book hard cover book with a place for a pic. and you can write info. about each year. I thought it would be nice since she is expecting, but is it too personal?

I think it depends...do you think that she might receive something like this from her family or a personal friend? It's kind of like calendars...teachers end up getting a dozen of them because they seem like good gifts, but you only need so many of them. (in my case, one. And a calendar is something that my own mother has been purchasing for me every year since I can remember. It's "her" thing, ya know?)

I had a quick teacher gift question. DD's Kindergarten teacher is pregnant with her first child. I was thinking of getting her a Christmas Memories book. I can get it for $8 and it is a spiral bound book hard cover book with a place for a pic. and you can write info. about each year. I thought it would be nice since she is expecting, but is it too personal?

I don't think it's too personal at all. While there is the possibility she might get another one, that could happen with just about anything. Also, I've never seen one that was Christmas memories before. It sounds good to me and reasonably priced. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great ideas! I'm really enjoying this thread.

Oh, on a side note - I won't eat baked goods unless I know the baker really well. A few years ago, someone at work bought a cheesecake from someone else for my birthday and it had cat hair in it, blech. I wasn't just one or two, either. Also, I work at a children's hospital and one of the moms brought in baked goods for the staff - when one of the nurses asked for the recipe the mom casually mentioned that she was out of milk so she used breast milk :eek: Luckily for me it wasn't on my unit!

Ok now that's just sick :crazy2:
Another reason why I don't eat any baked goods that my students bring in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter