*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Just wanted to say "Hi!".

I'm the guy who noticed that AK was closing early and has no ROL (at least not scheduled yet) on May 6th, so I was then directed to this thread.

We are going from May 3 to May 12. This will be our 4th trip to WDW.

Thanks for the very helpful information!

Hello there! :wave:

Welcome to our thread! I'm glad you find it helpful and if you have anymore info about May to share with group, please post and I'll add it to the first page.

Oh and you are on the list!!!
party:

I have been refreshing the page trying to get the CG brunch but it is not available yet. Even if booked solid it should still say that they have brunch hours that day like it does on all other Sundays so I am pretty sure it is not booked (it is on day 7 of our trip). I think it is because the 10th is Mother's Day and they might have something special going on. I noticed The Wave is also MIA on that day.
There are others I want to try but just have to figure out the when. I will for sure go to Skipper Canteen, Sebastian's, Spice Rd, The Wave and Homecomin' .
Traveling with a large group is fun but not fun - I don't want to impose my wants but no one else wants to give any input.
Good luck! It is such a tricky reservation to get and adding uncertainty doesn't help. Fingers crossed it works out!

Walnut will get a friend for sure (hopefully two new litter-mates) but we decided to wait until this May trip was over. So we don't have to leave while everyone is getting settled. :cat::cat::cat:

Hubs and I got our third cat this past July, and then ended up going on two trips. There's still some animosity from the other two, I think because we weren't here to referee. Kittens are much easier to acclimate with older cats though. You'll have to share pictures when the time comes!

Anyone having problems with the ADR window? I went back to see if CG brunch had populated but now I cannot book anything past May 2nd. My dates are highlighted but I cannot click on them and if I try to change the date manually it just reverts to today's date.

Anyone having problems with the ADR window? I went back to see if CG brunch had populated but now I cannot book anything past May 2nd. My dates are highlighted but I cannot click on them and if I try to change the date manually it just reverts to today's date.
That happened to me. It worked once I signed out and then back in.

Did you try it on both the app and the computer? Sometimes one works better than the other. FWIW, mine appears to be working correctly - I didn't go through the end to book, but I'm able to select to the end of my window.

That happened to me. It worked once I signed out and then back in.
I tried that but still no dice. I even tried at work and still nothing. Will keep trying and call IT if it keeps this up.

Did you try it on both the app and the computer? Sometimes one works better than the other. FWIW, mine appears to be working correctly - I didn't go through the end to book, but I'm able to select to the end of my window.
The app is working! I did not even think of checking there. Thanks ;)
edit - spoke too soon. The app says they are having problems retrieving data from the servers. Good thing I still have 179 days :)

Last edited:

Some of our earliest May Travelers should be hitting their ADR day soon!

If you are still reading here, please take time if you can to check in and let us know how easy (or difficult) it was to book your ADRS. It may be of some help to others. :)
My ADR day was last Saturday and I got everything I wanted, though the only one that I thought might be difficult was the CG Brunch.

Got my ADR's and got exactly what I wanted. The main trouble I had was MDE on my laptop and my phone both freezing up.
I also had to use both my laptop and the app to make all of my ADRs. I made my first ADR on my laptop with no problem. For the next couple of ADRs I received a weird message that there was an issue with my charge card (the same one used for the first ADR). I kept trying on the laptop and got the ADRs. For the next ADR, I received the same message again and could not book the ADR at all. I switched to the app, which let me book the ADR, but then froze. I was able to finish making the ADRs on the laptop. UGH!

I tried that but still no dice. I even tried at work and still nothing. Will keep trying and call IT if it keeps this up.

The app is working! I did not even think of checking there. Thanks ;)
edit - spoke too soon. The app says they are having problems retrieving data from the servers. Good thing I still have 179 days :)

Sorry it didn't work for you. Sometime other browsers and/or incognito mode helps. You might have already tried, but didn't want to assume. Hope you have been successful already!

Wow!

Making my ADRs couldn't have gone any smoother. Got all I wanted, no issues with MDE on my laptop.

You guys, Be Our Guest, 'Ohana, StoryBook Dining, all the hard to gets were totally open for dinner my entire trip. I even checked for parties of 4 (we are 2) early and late for dinner just for fun.

Even Oga's had a bunch of times!

If you are looking for any of those hard ones, check now! :)

Last edited:
Wow!

Making my ADRs couldn't have gone any smoother. Got all I wanted, no issues with MDE on my laptop.

You guys, Be Our Guest, 'Ohana, StoryBook Dining, all the hard to gets were totally open for dinner my entire trip. I even checked for parties of 4 (we are 2) early and late for dinner just for fun.

That’s awesome!!! I’m hoping I will be as lucky when my ADR date opens on Monday!

Wow!

Sounds great! Hopefully, as kylenne said, this is an indicator of lower crowds during that time.

Wow!

Glad you had no issues. I'm hoping this means less crowds!

I realized today that I had booked all my food reservations and completely forgot Savi's! Luckily Savi's was wide open. In fact, very few days appear as sold out between now and May. Maybe they'll lower the price? Or do some sort of package deal to get more traffic in Savi's?

Hey guys!!!! So last week we booked our trip to WDW from may 17-22 for my sons 4th birthday. We were last there during the holidays, December 2018. We did pretty much everything Christmas-y imaginable and my husband wanted to kill me bu the end of the trip.. even taking our AK day off so just me and my 2yo went!!

This trip is going to be much more relaxed.. focusing mostly on food and a few fun rides that my son is 38" can go on!!!
We are on dining plan and since I despise waiting in line for characters I prefer to do it during meals!!

Here is a quick little itinerary so far (as we all know these change up to day before lol)

Sun-Check in @ POP
Trex for my sons birthday dinner. I'm going back and forth on this.. he is dino OBSESSED.. but I'm hearing so much negative about it so idk

Mon/Tues- these 2 days are interchangeable at the moment.

Hollywood studios til 3- my husband is a huge star wars fan so planning on spending most our time there, except for McQueen racing.. and if I can get a slinky fp.. we did emm for toy story when we went last time so I'm not too worried about it this trip. Need to book Savis and DD and Ogas

back to hotel for naps and maybe some swimming
Storybook dining- snow white is my fave and the kiddo loves dopey... my husband is a prime rib fan.. so seems like a no brainer

Animal kingdom til 3
(Tusker House Breakfast)
Nap and swimming-
Homecomin dinner and some browsing at the springs

Wed- rest day.. swimming, exploring cars area of AoA
Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise

Thurs- MK day until parade
Crystal Palace breakfast

Dinner at Ohana- my husbands only dining request from our last trip.
watch fireworks on beach

Fri- check out.

Ant other ideas... or things you would add/nix??
My son usually sleeps til around 9.. naps at 3ish, a d goes to bed around 10. So I'm trying to keep as close to that as possible!!!

Ok.. thanks for letting me ramble on.. hope this was all ok to post here lol 😊

Planning is the best! I love deciding the hotel and planning an itinerary my husband disagrees his eyes roll into the back of his head if i start going over our plans.

My husband is like "may is 7 months away.. I dont need to know what we are doing in that thurs right now."
So I just do my think and drag the boys along.. last time we went my itinerary was insanity even for a fanatic like myself. Going as chill as possible while still doing what we (i) want to do 😉

And they cant complain if they dont help plan!!

Sorry it didn't work for you. Sometime other browsers and/or incognito mode helps. You might have already tried, but didn't want to assume. Hope you have been successful already!
I was! Not with the CG brunch booking but I am now able to book past the first day of our trip. Thanks for the suggestion, it never hurts to try different things. Whenever anything electronic does not work the best way to fix it is to unplug it ;)

Good thing I have a TA helping me on this one because I completely forgot I added on a day to the beginning of our trip because I'm concerned about the flight times that are currently available to us. So we booked our ADRs a day earlier than I expected! My biggest worry was getting Ohana and we got it! We're having trouble booking Whispering Canyon but it could be related to the issue some others were listing above. It could possibly also be related to it being on Mother's Day but I'm betting it's just that we need to change to a different browser. I'm not too worried about that one. Also, up until this point, we had all emails going to the TA because this is a surprise for DH (I tell him in less than 2 weeks!) and we didn't want him accidentally seeing any Disney emails come through. With ADRs, we have the emails coming to me now and I was so excited to get my live countdown email!

Welp!

My brother told us last night he was thinking of joining us and then booked this morning! We are staying Wednesday through to the next Friday, he will join us Saturday to Thursday. It's still tentative, but I'm going to plan as if he's coming for sure.

He's great, already set up in MDE and added him to friends list. He lets me do all the planning.

Kind of tricky because we are going to the DAH at Animal Kingdom the Saturday night he arrives. I'm waffling between telling him about it or just springing for the ticket! He can treat to a dinner during the trip. I'm going to wait until his window for cancelling passes because I don't want to be stuck with a third ticket. He wouldn't buy his own until then anyways. Hopefully it doesn't sell out, but from what I've read none of the May dates sold out last year.

I had to add some park time in some of my planned rest days so he can see everything, but I think I still worked in some good relaxing time. He's great about doing stuff on his own too, so if he wants to go to a certain park and we had other plans, he's good to go and we'd meet up later.

Epcot being so walled up is actually a blessing at this point, he won't want to spend a ton of time there so.... pool time!

For the first time I've been adding notes to the My Plans section on MDE. This way my brother can see my thinking for the days he's going to be there and give suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter