*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I know we are going in May, but I thought this video would put everyone in a good holiday mood! :)

Animal Kingdom looks amazing. So, so, soooo creative. I just love it!

We're tentatively going May 3-8. Not sure where we're staying yet, hoping for some good CM rates to pop up. My parents are the CMs, and 2020 will be their last year working for Disney.

They went seasonal this year, so no more maingates. Because they expire soon, we're using up the rest of their comp tickets over two trips this December and hopefully in May...I started making May ADRs anyway. 😁

I've been so lucky and spoiled by all the perks my parents have worked hard for these last 7 years. It was my mother's dream to work at WDW, and not only did she get her chance to do it, she also earned the legacy award just two years in.

They decided to retire for real this time, moving near me to be an active part of my baby daughter's life.

So now I've been pricing out future trips, ones that include ticket costs and no discount coupons for food, and absorbing the sticker shock, lol.

May friends, I'd like opinions if possible please. I received an alert today that flight prices with United dropped, even below what the discount airlines are offering. United also has the best flight times. I was hesitant to book because it's a rate with a lot of restrictions - no bags included and no arranged seating. I called to ensure they would accommodate to ensure DS4 is seated with at least 1 parent. I called my TA and she said it's a very good rate but she also said she's had some very good experiences with United on Cyber Monday. I'm doubtful that today would be the one and only time in the six months between now and travel time where the rate will be this low. Would anyone else have thoughts on any of this maybe please?

May friends, I'd like opinions if possible please. I received an alert today that flight prices with United dropped, even below what the discount airlines are offering. United also has the best flight times. I was hesitant to book because it's a rate with a lot of restrictions - no bags included and no arranged seating. I called to ensure they would accommodate to ensure DS4 is seated with at least 1 parent. I called my TA and she said it's a very good rate but she also said she's had some very good experiences with United on Cyber Monday. I'm doubtful that today would be the one and only time in the six months between now and travel time where the rate will be this low. Would anyone else have thoughts on any of this maybe please?

I can't speak to the United pricing, but flight prices do fluctuate and I suspect that you're correct that there will be other times when the rate is low. I spent a lot of time looking at flights on our last trip, but this time around, the prices were so low early on that I just booked and haven't really been paying attention.

Jet Blue is usually our airline of choice (we're using it both ways on the upcoming May trip) but last time, we used Southwest for our return flight. It ended up being fine, but I did have a lot of anxiety regarding the no arranged seating. So I know where you're coming from on that one! We decided this time around to stick with Jet Blue and make sure we had seats ahead of time. One less thing to worry about.

Jumping on because our 4th trip next year starts on May 30 (technically May 29 at Legoland). We will be at Riviera for one night and then move to our next resort, which is currently BRV @ WL. I have a waitlist in place for Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas but we will see if either comes through. My husband, myself, and our two boys (then 8 and 6).

Can't wait to book dining soon!

I just spent the day making changes to my reservations. My sis just decided to join us for a few days of our trip! My girls will be excited to see their aunt! She moved to Florida this year and so trips back home (ND) won’t be happening as much.
I was slightly worried about how that would affect our ADR’s on those days, but thankfully we were only a few days past our 180 day opening and she’s coming at the end of our trip, so it was actually easy. We added her to our room reservation so we could do FP all together and I booked her the DAH’s that we have for that time.

I'll be doing my first DVC stay in May! Sadly, my home resort is booked, so I'm going to have to settle for a Savanna View Studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village.
I'm ridiculously excited!

May 17-May 22: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village

We will be in Disney the same days!!! Staying at Pop.. so sad you could only get Savannah view 😊😊😊 sounds AMAZING!!!

I booked my trip back in June but just now found this group. Yep, I'm late to the party. I spent the past two days reading this whole thread and now it's my turn.

May 3-15: Port Orleans French Quarter
Disney dining plan
8 day tickets

This is our first Florida Disney trip as adults, so we are pretty excited. DH is pretty easygoing. As long as I plan it he will do it. Gotta love him! I've booked our ADRs but I'll save that for another post. ;)

ADR day is Tuesday!!!!! Yayyyy.except for 1 thing.... how is everyone planning their DHS day??? I am at such a loss... do I do it later in my trip in case ge starts doing FP?? Do I go by crowd calendar which would make it our 60+1. Only other day it could be is 60+3. I'm so confused!!!! We are not rope drop people at all... more Like sleep in til 9 and get to parks around 1030 types. My husband is all about planning dinners of park time, so max is about 4-5 hrs a day in the park. Get there around 10 and leave by 3... I have a great plan for everything.. but DHS is killing me!!!! Anyone else?? What is everyone else planning???

ADR day is Tuesday!!!!! Yayyyy.except for 1 thing.... how is everyone planning their DHS day??? I am at such a loss... do I do it later in my trip in case ge starts doing FP?? Do I go by crowd calendar which would make it our 60+1. Only other day it could be is 60+3. I'm so confused!!!! We are not rope drop people at all... more Like sleep in til 9 and get to parks around 1030 types. My husband is all about planning dinners of park time, so max is about 4-5 hrs a day in the park. Get there around 10 and leave by 3... I have a great plan for everything.. but DHS is killing me!!!! Anyone else?? What is everyone else planning???

I’m secretly hoping for an after hours and EMM. I don’t think my plan will help but here it is! We are full day park people so we have 3 meals planned for HS and one has the fantasmic tickets. We are doing CL so we are using the CL FP (If it’s still available) for our HS day. If CL FP are not longer available, I booked our HS for the middle of our trip 60+4 to help with the FP. We are not Star Wars people so that keeps us from having to plan that in.

I agree that DHS has been the hardest park to plan for on this upcoming trip. So many moving parts still to be determined (Star Wars FPs, Mickey and Minnie open yet?) that are making it hard to know what to do. For us personally, we scheduled DHS towards the end of the trip (60+5) and we decided our last half day on departure day would also be DHS. We're not RDing the first day, since we're doing DAH the night before. But generally, that's the best plan for now. If that's not in the cards for you, I'd still say to try to put it near the end of the trip and see what happens with the FP situation. At the very least, Slinky is more attainable later in the trip. As of now, with no FP, MFSR has had some not so terrible wait times in the middle of the day so you can always keep an eye on it when you're there and see when it looks best. ROTR might change all of this math though.

I agree that DHS has been the hardest park to plan for on this upcoming trip. So many moving parts still to be determined (Star Wars FPs, Mickey and Minnie open yet?) that are making it hard to know what to do. For us personally, we scheduled DHS towards the end of the trip (60+5) and we decided our last half day on departure day would also be DHS. We're not RDing the first day, since we're doing DAH the night before. But generally, that's the best plan for now. If that's not in the cards for you, I'd still say to try to put it near the end of the trip and see what happens with the FP situation. At the very least, Slinky is more attainable later in the trip. As of now, with no FP, MFSR has had some not so terrible wait times in the middle of the day so you can always keep an eye on it when you're there and see when it looks best. ROTR might change all of this math though.

Ok.. so maybe I will do it on my 60+3. My son will be 4 at the time and is just 38" now. So maybe we will luck out with a SDD fp... I know McQueen racing academy is a must, and SWGE for my husband. And I hope MIckey and Minnie open in time.. but again.. will that flip the script on fp again?? So much can happen in 6 months!!! Ok.. so I will maybe make 2 adrs for that day and hopefully one of them will fit in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!