*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Oh no! FP nightmare scenario coming true! Glad you were able to get things straightened out.

That's the strategy I was thinking was best, but thought I'd ask.

I haven't been on slinky and was thinking about doing it before dinner at 530. Is it a lot better if you wait until sunset or after? I have 15 days til my FP day! It's so exciting, almost like Christmas! Lol.

I have heard it is better at night, Which I would imagine is accurate. I have ridden it during daylight hours and wished I had done it at dark. Looking forward to it!

I believe in all the times I have made my fast passes this was the most stressful aka where things (technical) did not work as expected.

We just realized that the school district gave the students the Friday before Memorial Day off.

The Tuesday after Memorial Day was the day they'd take back if there was a snow day. The only day it snowed here was a weekend day where I had to drive 30 miles.

So... Coronado from 5/22-5/26. Still doing our 2021 DVC trip to Riviera, too!

You're gonna be busy! Lol.

My only trip to WDW, we were on the ground in Orlando for exactly 60 hours, which sounds similar to what you're doing, but we did not plan to hit the parks until the next morning. We had roughly 4 hour breaks in the afternoon, but otherwise, ropedropped to fireworks both days, then got to sleep at 1130, up at 215 for our DME ride to the airport. Lol. All I can say is good luck! I'm glad my wife felt comfortable driving when we got to our next destination. I couldn't keep my eyes open!

Flying is key - and it's our 3rd 3 day maximize our time trip. My DD is a pro - we couldn't pull this off if my DH & DS were coming, they require regular feeding & ADRs at least once, if not twice, a day :D

Flying is key - and it's our 3rd 3 day maximize our time trip. My DD is a pro - we couldn't pull this off if my DH & DS were coming, they require regular feeding & ADRs at least once, if not twice, a day :D
Maybe that was my problem...requiring food! haha. Sounds like you're a pro then! lol I swore i'd never do an early flight out of Orlando after that, if we ever went again. This year we're doing 2 days of relaxing at the beach after Disney, so that will be a good way to unwind from the Disney madness, though, we'll be there memorial weekend, so not sure how relaxing that'll be. :rotfl2:

I always use that same strategy as well, headliners or tier 1’s as quickly as i can for each day of the trip, then go back day by day to fill in the other two. This has always worked super well for us and i usually get everything i want, my fastpass day is March 11th this year.

I always use that same strategy as well, headliners or tier 1’s as quickly as i can for each day of the trip, then go back day by day to fill in the other two. This has always worked super well for us and i usually get everything i want, my fastpass day is March 11th this year.
I think my biggest concern was needing to get a MFSR morning fastpass for my last day, so wasn't sure if I should skip straight to that first, then bounce back to the other days or just do the days in order. But I think with the small availability of MFSR in the mornings, I will just zoom to that first then circle back, most other days I don't think will be affected much in that short amount of time, hopefully.

Thanks a sound strategy! I usually jump to whichever days and rides I want to insure such as FOP, SDD and SDMT but with MMRR and MFSR into the mix i have to carefully think about which to start with. Looking at FP availability, MMRR seems the one that goes the quickest right now.

Please don't answer this as you're preparing for your chess match with the Disney FP+ servers in the morning, but I'm wondering, do you book all FPs for 1 day, or do you get the top must haves for each day based on how available you think those top rides are? I'm going for just my second trip and think I know the best way to add them into the system, but was curious how others approach this part of the game...plan. 😂

My never failed yet best practice is to work backwards with the hardest ones first. FOP -> SDD -> 7DMT in that order, and I try to put AK and DHS at the end of the trip to maximize my chances. Even on a 4 day holiday weekend trip I was still able to get all the FP I wanted except Mine Train, which frankly isn’t a must do for me.

Also if possible have multiple devices open and ready to go. On FP day I have my iMac, phone, and iPad open and available. IME booking tends to be much smoother on the MDE website; the app is best for modifying existing FP. Obviously with the newer attractions in the mix your order will likely change but it’s always best to go in order of difficulty rather than chronologically, then go fill in gaps for tier 2s.

My never failed yet best practice is to work backwards with the hardest ones first. FOP -> SDD -> 7DMT in that order, and I try to put AK and DHS at the end of the trip to maximize my chances. Even on a 4 day holiday weekend trip I was still able to get all the FP I wanted except Mine Train, which frankly isn’t a must do for me.

Also if possible have multiple devices open and ready to go. On FP day I have my iMac, phone, and iPad open and available. IME booking tends to be much smoother on the MDE website; the app is best for modifying existing FP. Obviously with the newer attracting in the mix your order will likely change but it’s always best to go in order of difficulty rather than chronologically, then go fill in gaps for tier 2s.
Thanks for that, I was thinking I was crazy for thinking about doing FPs on both my laptop and iphone while keeping my spreadsheet up on my other phone. haha. ok, probably not a bad idea. down to 2 weeks from tomorrow. it's getting real!

Thanks for that, I was thinking I was crazy for thinking about doing FPs on both my laptop and iphone while keeping my spreadsheet up on my other phone. haha. ok, probably not a bad idea. down to 2 weeks from tomorrow. it's getting real!

Glitches are not uncommon so that’s why you want to have multiple devices at your disposal. That way you have an alternative option if something is being weird on one of them. I had an awful one back on our ADR day where neither Droid Depot nor Savi’s were showing that they were bookable for 5/4, and they were the first things I checked after booking CRT and BOG because I knew they’d go quickly due to the day. I got my TA to help out and she ended up calling and booking them on the phone.

Thanks a sound strategy! I usually jump to whichever days and rides I want to insure such as FOP, SDD and SDMT but with MMRR and MFSR into the mix i have to carefully think about which to start with. Looking at FP availability, MMRR seems the one that goes the quickest right now.
Yes I started with runaway railway then SDD then FoP. Then smugglers run and did fine.

@kylenne thank you so much about the app! Got it added to my phone and really like the format for Flower and Garden. The ability to Star the ones you don’t want to miss is awesome!

I think the reason why the order of difficulty method works so well is because it runs contrary to what most people would think to do, which is to go chronologically. It also requires knowledge of which attractions have the highest demand and are thus hardest to get which is information even folks who know to book FP in advance may not be clued into.

Three weeks from tomorrow for our FP day! I really need to buckle down and decide on a strategy! I've been checking TP/the Dibb for FP availability to help see what's doable. I'm also trying to decide whether to do a Disney waterpark or try Volcano Bay at UO. We've been to TL the past two years and have really enjoyed it. I also kind of made the mistake of asking my kiddos if they'd like to do EMM at MK again, and of course they said yes, so trying to decide on that. I also mentioned building a droid and I think they want to do that too!

I'm glad that so far everyone's had pretty good luck with their FP's. I hope it keeps up!

FP day was a big success! Got everything we wanted and after a slight bit of modifying, have everything at the times we want (I could use MFSR about 15 minutes earlier but if that's my only quibble, I'll take it). As far as IT goes, my wife was using the phone and I was using my computer. The computer was WAY better in general - I had the first three on my list before she got one, and the app had plenty of "we're having trouble loading that page" errors along the way. But it all worked out with very little stress.

Now as long as coronavirus doesn't screw us, it's all the waiting game from here on.

Well, today was FP+ day and it was amazingly successful! Now before y’all call me out for CL cheating, or for having a longer trip, I’m talking about early days when we had nothing booked already. I was shocked by how wide open it was! Very similarly to our ADR Day, I found crazy good availability for everything, including headliners, at prime hours with our pick of times. Never in life have I pulled 7DMT on arrival day, much less Saturday arrival, much less at noon. I didn’t even book in an optimal order (it was one of the last things I checked). I was booking FP just because I could tbh lol. I am cautiously optimistic, because of course anything can happen with Disney, but I think this is an excellent sign for crowd levels in early May.

For those of you with days coming up this week, good luck!

Well, today was FP+ day and it was amazingly successful! Now before y’all call me out for CL cheating, or for having a longer trip, I’m talking about early days when we had nothing booked already. I was shocked by how wide open it was! Very similarly to our ADR Day, I found crazy good availability for everything, including headliners, at prime hours with our pick of times. Never in life have I pulled 7DMT on arrival day, much less Saturday arrival, much less at noon. I didn’t even book in an optimal order (it was one of the last things I checked). I was booking FP just because I could tbh lol. I am cautiously optimistic, because of course anything can happen with Disney, but I think this is an excellent sign for crowd levels in early May.

For those of you with days coming up this week, good luck!

Yeah I thought availability was great across the board. Some we specifically wanted in the afternoon but there were plenty of morning times there (I remember FOP in particular). The new DHS rides were a little tighter but that’s to be expected. Got SDMT twice on consecutive days with no issues (60+2 and 60+3)

You guys are making me anxious for my FP day tomorrow!! I hope there are still some good times left. I have an extra set of hands helping me book so i'm hoping we can get everything fairly quick. I will be using my macbook and iphone as i usually do, and the other person will just have their phone. How was BTM times looking? I'm arriving the last day it operates so i'm hoping to snag one for that Sunday at some point.

You guys are making me anxious for my FP day tomorrow!! I hope there are still some good times left. I have an extra set of hands helping me book so i'm hoping we can get everything fairly quick. I will be using my macbook and iphone as i usually do, and the other person will just have their phone. How was BTM times looking? I'm arriving the last day it operates so i'm hoping to snag one for that Sunday at some point.

I hoped that our posts would make you LESS anxious! I think the general availability is quite good. We arrive on 5/2 in the afternoon so I got a BTM FP for 4:10. I can't remember how availability was earlier but I don't remember it being a problem. You should be good to get it for 5/3. I had that one maybe eighth on the priority list and it was not an issue.

I hoped that our posts would make you LESS anxious! I think the general availability is quite good. We arrive on 5/2 in the afternoon so I got a BTM FP for 4:10. I can't remember how availability was earlier but I don't remember it being a problem. You should be good to get it for 5/3. I had that one maybe eighth on the priority list and it was not an issue.
I think I’m just more excited than anything! Hearing that there is a lot of availability is very reassuring, I just want to book everything already!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter