*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I’m secretly hoping for an after hours and EMM. I don’t think my plan will help but here it is! We are full day park people so we have 3 meals planned for HS and one has the fantasmic tickets. We are doing CL so we are using the CL FP (If it’s still available) for our HS day. If CL FP are not longer available, I booked our HS for the middle of our trip 60+4 to help with the FP. We are not Star Wars people so that keeps us from having to plan that in.

Oooohh.. lucky with the CL fp!! We did EMM for tiy story land last December.. while it was amazing getting on all the rides, getting up that early was way too rough on my crew!!! But I might have to reconsider if the do it for SWGE!!!!

ADR day is Tuesday!!!!! Yayyyy.except for 1 thing.... how is everyone planning their DHS day??? I am at such a loss... do I do it later in my trip in case ge starts doing FP?? Do I go by crowd calendar which would make it our 60+1. Only other day it could be is 60+3. I'm so confused!!!! We are not rope drop people at all... more Like sleep in til 9 and get to parks around 1030 types. My husband is all about planning dinners of park time, so max is about 4-5 hrs a day in the park. Get there around 10 and leave by 3... I have a great plan for everything.. but DHS is killing me!!!! Anyone else?? What is everyone else planning???

I know you’re not rope drop people, but if it is at all possible I’d try to be at the gate by 9am. I’d also leave around 2, take a nap and get back around 6.

Reason being is that Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land are so much more impressive at night. It is also possible to do all of the Toy Story Land attractions within the last hour.

I also love Docking Bay 7 (Quick Service) Sci-Fi and 50’s Prime Time.

I know you’re not rope drop people, but if it is at all possible I’d try to be at the gate by 9am. I’d also leave around 2, take a nap and get back around 6.

Reason being is that Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land are so much more impressive at night. It is also possible to do all of the Toy Story Land attractions within the last hour.

Planning on ADR at SciFi.. we did 50s in Dec!!
Seeing pics, galaxy's edge looks amazing at night.. maybe I will do that... hmmm... i might just have to leave that day semi open until FP opens up, or we get more info!! Hopefully after Rise opens we will get some more answers!!

My daughter and I, and two granddaughters, will be going May 26 - June 5, staying at All Star Movies!!! We're doing 7 days in the parks, and a couple of relax days! We are also doing the regular dining plan. Flights are booked, and the hotel/tickets/dining plan package booked! So excited!!!!

Our ADR day is Thanksgiving Day! So I'm trying to plan park days, and hopefully get the restaurants that we want! So far, I don't think we have any of the "difficult" restaurants, except for Ohana.

Last edited:

I bought tickets to early morning magic, I’ve never been to this event and I’m looking forward to it. I’m taking someone who has never been to Magic Kingdom before so this will be a good opportunity. I wish it was May already!

My daughter and I, and two granddaughters, will be going May 26 - June 5, staying at All Star Movies!!! We're doing 7 days in the parks, and a couple of relax days! We are also doing the regular dining plan. Flights are booked, and the hotel/tickets/dining plan package booked! So excited!!!!

Our ADR day is Thanksgiving Day! So I'm trying to plan park days, and hopefully get the restaurants that we want! So far, I don't think we have any of the "difficult" restaurants, except for Ohana.

Hello!!! Welcome to our little group! :)

You are on the list!

Forget the turkey, you've got more important things to do on Thanksgiving! :surfweb:

ADR morning went super smooth!! A few minor glitches here and there..I tried both my phone app and laptop and app was what was glitching for me so just used laptop!!! but got everything.. including Ohana dinner, Storybook, homecomin, and sci fi.. all at the times I wanted within 5 min!!

Oh great!!! I knew you were nervous about it, glad it worked out. :)

DHS - honestly, I have no plans! My brother is arriving later in the trip, so kind of makes getting fast passes a bit harder. I do ours on March 7 I think? Then his a few days later.

All I know is I have DHS as our day 6 for a full day - so will try for slinky dog that day. As for Galaxy's Edge, I have no idea. Just going to wing it I guess. We may try and go on our arrival day, just see what kind of luck we have with the lines. :) Then on our day 6 (Monday), we'll just spend as much time there as we want as it will be my brother's first day at DHS.

Is anyone else hoping for the Space 220 restaurant? It’s the one DH really wants to try, but as of yet we don’t know if it will a regular or signature dining experience. We have 4 days of dining plan, but in the park for 5 days so my plan right now is to ADR the days we have and if it becomes available, it will probably be one of our out of pocket meals. Our upgraded magic bands came in yesterday! We were really excited by them. It’s going to be hard to have them sitting in the box for the next few months, but it’s renewed my planning big.

Panic! My husband just found out he’ll be going to a conference some time in spring 2020. No official date has been announced as of yet. But if the conference is within a couple weeks of our trip there will be no way he can go. There’s just too much going on at work. I’m trying to decide if I should keep planning for May or try to find some time in the fall that works for us. I really want to see flower and garden. :(

I've learned that Dapper Days will be the very first weekend of May. Unfortunately we'll just miss it by a day or two. Is anyone planning on participating? I love looking at everyone's attire!

ADR day is Tuesday!!!!! Yayyyy.except for 1 thing.... how is everyone planning their DHS day??? I am at such a loss... do I do it later in my trip in case ge starts doing FP?? Do I go by crowd calendar which would make it our 60+1. Only other day it could be is 60+3. I'm so confused!!!! We are not rope drop people at all... more Like sleep in til 9 and get to parks around 1030 types. My husband is all about planning dinners of park time, so max is about 4-5 hrs a day in the park. Get there around 10 and leave by 3... I have a great plan for everything.. but DHS is killing me!!!! Anyone else?? What is everyone else planning???
Out of a 12 night trip, I'm planning DHS for day 5 and day 9. So far I have planned on day 5, Droid Depot 11 AM and Mama Melrose at 1:40 PM. I hope I can get DD into Jedi Training that morning. And that night we would be back for Fantasmic. Day 9 I have Savi's Workshop at 11:05 AM, Sci-Fi at 1:40 PM, and Oga's Cantina at 7 PM.

I plan on being there by rope drop, because I figured if I can't get FPs we could at least be there for some shorter lines first thing in the morning. But I love the idea of taking an afternoon break and I'm going to trip to do that. I also definitely want to try Docking Bay 7 for a meal.

All I know is I have DHS as our day 6 for a full day - so will try for slinky dog that day. As for Galaxy's Edge, I have no idea. Just going to wing it I guess. We may try and go on our arrival day, just see what kind of luck we have with the lines. :) Then on our day 6 (Monday), we'll just spend as much time there as we want as it will be my brother's first day at DHS.
Yep, I figured I would have to wing it. I have no idea how to plan Galaxy's Edge!!

Foes anyone know.. has there typically been any offer for may in the past??? Right now I have a full price package- hoping for anything. I'll even take a 10% off on a value room!!

Out of a 12 night trip, I'm planning DHS for day 5 and day 9. So far I have planned on day 5, Droid Depot 11 AM and Mama Melrose at 1:40 PM. I hope I can get DD into Jedi Training that morning. And that night we would be back for Fantasmic. Day 9 I have Savi's Workshop at 11:05 AM, Sci-Fi at 1:40 PM, and Oga's Cantina at 7 PM.

Yep, I figured I would have to wing it. I have no idea how to plan Galaxy's Edge!!
I completely forgot about Jedi training- my DS will just be turning 4.. I think he would love it.. do you know how long it is????

And GE has me at such a loss I dont know what to do lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter