Yak & Yeti - TS v. CS

DisneyLvr55

<font color=darkorchid>The thing swooped down, hit
When it comes to the CS and TS in Morocco, I've heard people recommend just doing the CS because its all around just as good.

I'm wondering if it is the same for Yak & Yeti? I'm looking for food quality and atmosphere of the two places. I'd hate to spend a TS credit on it, if the CS isn't far off from it, but then again, I don't mind spending the credit if its worth it.

TIA!!

I think it depends on what you are going to order. If you are going to go TS and get lo mein, sweet and sour chicken, or something else similar to the CS menu, it probably would not be worth it. When we go to Y&Y DH usually gets the shioxing steak and shrimp and I love the mahi mahi. We think both dishes are great! It's worth the TS for us to get these dishes, but I wouldn't use the TS credit if I was going to order a similar dish that's on the CS menu.

I would agree that you could get away with eating a CS at Morocco instead of a TS. I always go for the salmon at Y&Y and my son gets steak and shrimp so I would have to use a TS instead of CS there.

if you want something quick like you'd get at Asian place at mall food court (egg rolls, box of rice, etc.) then sure, go for the Y & Y counter service.

However, we really really love the decor inside Yak & Yeti...wonderful atmosphere.

And we do love the steak & shrimp dish, the fried green beans appetizer and the fried wontons dessert...well worth the $. And it's nice to have a sit-down in a restaurant to take a break from the elements.:thumbsup2

I too am wondering about this...

I already have an ADR at 805 at tusker.
Contemplating TS vs QS around 230.

I'd likely be ordering something like honey chicken or lo mein. Which is really on both menus. Perhaps portion size is different?
I presume the sitting area for QS is themed like or similar to the TS area?

Thanks!

We ate from the walk up window and it was fantastic and a fraction of the price. When we looked at the menu inside Yak & Yeti it just floored us. Not worth it. There is a really nice are you can sit outside and eat.

QS chicken fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, honey chicken, egg rolls, basket of fries. All delish and huge portions! Seating is outside. No real theming IMO. That said we usually eat at QS here! The chicken fried rice is so good and I can't finish it it is so big! We don't make a lot of ressies and just wing it most of the time! But OP asked about food AND atmosphere. If you are looking for more of an experiance. TS is the way to go! Plus there are more choices, desserts (which are yummy) and full bar!! All plusses!!

The Yak n Yeti CS is no comparison to the TS IMO. The CS is more on the lines of Panda Express, and the TS closer to PFChang's. The TS has much tastier options.

I've never tried the counter service because the offerings sound so uninspired compared to what the restaurant serves. We like to go inside, sit at the bar and share appetizers.

I have never had TS at Y&Y but for our family, the Y&Y counter service is our favourite cs in AK. I know some people compare it to Foodcourt chains, but it offers something different then all the other cs locations in Disney and it has always been hot and fresh when we have eaten here.

I ate at the TS last week...and LOVED the fried green beans and the wonton dessert. I'd go back just for those two alone.

I too am wondering about this...

I already have an ADR at 805 at tusker.
Contemplating TS vs QS around 230.

I'd likely be ordering something like honey chicken or lo mein. Which is really on both menus. Perhaps portion size is different?
I presume the sitting area for QS is themed like or similar to the TS area?

Thanks!

In your case based on what you want to order I would suggest cs.

We ate Yak and Yeti CS in August which we LOVED, and have ADRs for TS in June.... I can hardly wait!

Have never tried the counter service, but had had Y&Y TS about 5 or 6 times. One of those times was just so-so, the other times were all excellent. Great ribs, best in WDW I've had so far. Unique flavoring somwhere between asian and southern BBQ, with hints of both. Wife loves the steak and shrimp dish. Salmon is very good, too.

Ugh no comparison between the two.... the CS was gross the one and only time I had it or should I say ordered it and promptly deposited it in the closest trash can!
TS at Yak and Yeti is a must do for me every trip! The Mahi Mahi is delectible and the wonton dessert is a little piece of heaven!:littleangel:

Ugh no comparison between the two.... the CS was gross the one and only time I had it or should I say ordered it and promptly deposited it in the closest trash can!
TS at Yak and Yeti is a must do for me every trip! The Mahi Mahi is delectible and the wonton dessert is a little piece of heaven!:littleangel:

This! Yak and Yeti CS is :crazy2: icky!! I went based despite the mixed reviews on the boards. Totally ick! The chicken was bland and the rice was HARD! I would've MUCH rather have had some ribs at flame tree!

However, the reviews for the TS are much more solid with good reviews. I would totally try the TS (I've never had) but I would NEVER again have the CS.

Also just want to mention that the lovely outdoor seating area is bird city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter