Yak and Yeti???

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
How is the food at Yak and Yeti??? TS vs CS?? Is the CS similiar to Panda Express?? Is the TS food that much better or just actually a sit down meal? There is a huge price difference for our family of 4 to do TS vs CS, so I wanted some opinions on the food quality and quantity!! Are the portions large at the TS?-maybe we could split some meals since we tend to eat lighter in the middle of the day in the parks.........

How is the food at Yak and Yeti??? TS vs CS?? Is the CS similiar to Panda Express?? Is the TS food that much better or just actually a sit down meal? There is a huge price difference for our family of 4 to do TS vs CS, so I wanted some opinions on the food quality and quantity!! Are the portions large at the TS?-maybe we could split some meals since we tend to eat lighter in the middle of the day in the parks.........

DH and I have never eaten at the CS, but we always plan to eat at least once S Yak & Yeti. It really is good... ! It's his favorite place, and the portions are quite large. I don't think its at all like Panda Express (but then again I don't care for PE, and love Y&Y :) ) The quality each time we have eaten there was great, as was the service. It's also really neat inside!! The pineapple cream cheese wontons for dessert are SO good! Mmm....

I think I read Y&Y is owned by the Landry Corp., like Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex, although I might be mistaken.

Never been, but from the photos, the sit-down looks comperable to P F Changs, IMHO.

We ate at both the CS and TS last September 2011...Same day.

I wasnt all that thrilled with the CS in all honesty...Not sure why but if I had to rate it I would give it a 4/10!

We had ressies for TS Dinner later in the evening...I tried like all heck to get my wife to cancel but she wouldnt....and I am glad she didnt!

Turned out to be one of the better meals we had the whole trip! I dont know why but each of us (Me, wife 3 kids) loved the food! 2/3 kids order from the regular menu (not kids menu) and we were all very satisifed! I would give it a solid 8.5/10!

We love the TS - it is great to be able to take a break out of the heat and the restaurant is really well themed. Portions are probably big enough to share especially if you got an appetizer also.

The counter service is similar to Panda Express.

I think the table service food is not quite as good as PF Changs. The portions are huge.

Thanks for all the input!! We will definately just do the TS now and not the CS. They are owned my Landry's and accept their gift cards at both locations, so I think a sit down meal will be our best choice for the day. I also plan on ordering one entree for my kids to share now that I know the portions are so large. Thanks again!

Our Ratings of Yak & Yeti Table Service // Quick Service: (7/21/2012)
. . . food price value: D // C
. . . food quality: C // C
. . . food quantity per serving: B // C
. . . food prep speed: B // B
. . . food selection: C // C
. . . seating quantity: C // B
. . . seating comfort: C // C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C // C
. . . eatery convenience: D // D
. . . staff friendliness: B // B
. . . staff attentiveness: D // C
. . . character interaction: n/a // n/a

NOTE: Yak & Yeti is another eatery from the folks that
brought you T-Rex & Rain Forest Cafe. The service is average
or below, as servers are overworked, just like at T-Rex and
RFC. The TS food is way overpriced for the quality and quantity,
even for a Disney eatery. The Mahi-Mahi was not worth $23,
and Chicken Lo Mein not worth $18 (plus, it was "American
Style" lo mein). Add another to our "not recommended" list.
The QS is better than the TS, but still not overly impressive.

We ate at the TS this year for the second time and once again thoroughly enjoyed it. We had the shrimp/steak dinner, and although the shrimp tempura is basic, the steak was cooked to perfection. We also had the wok fried stringbeans and they were devoured in seconds. The dipping sauce had just enough of a bite without an aftertaste or repeating for the rest of the day!! We had both meals (ts and cs) last year and we thought the cs was comparable to a Golden Jade (strip mall Chinese). Our waiter was talkative and attentive without being over the top and have no complaints regarding service. The inside of the restaurant i filled with antiques and is simply charming to the point you'd want to linger over desert and coffee (or tea) just for the ambiance. Last year we ate upstairs by the window and had a great view, this year we sat downstairs by the window and still had a great view. Supposedly there's a gift shop (where ISN'T there a gift shop???) but we didn't see it nor did we really look for it.

We just ate at yak and yeti table service a few hours ago. I was really surprised. I had miso glazed salmon and it was really very delicious. Service was efficient, we were seated right away. Dessert was also really good. It might be my new favorite one credit table service meal. You should not think of it as Chinese food but rather (slightly) Asian influenced American food.

Pakey said:
The counter service is similar to Panda Express.

I think the table service food is not quite as good as PF Changs. The portions are huge.

That's my opinion as well.

We eat at Y&Y each time we go to AK. Is it the beat Asian food I've ever had? No. But it's not the worst, either. It's great to go inside and take a break from the heat. We've never had service issues there. My absolute favorite thing there is the MANGO PIE. I absolutely love it and I crave it in between WDW trips!

-M

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter