Yachtsman or Shula’s?

I currently have dinner at the Yachtsman booked but was wondering if Shula’s would be a better choice.
Not sure how you might measure "better" between these two. You'll get a good steak at either. Shula's might be a bit more expensive. The atmosphere at YSH is nicer than Shula's, not that the other is bad.

Both are great places for steak ,we just prefer YS over Shulas. Feel the service was better at YS and my boys used to live to look at the steaks in the showcase !! Can’t go wrong with either one

Do you want to sit down at the time you make the reservation? then Shulas

It is not acceptable for higher end steak restaurants to make you wait 30 min past your reservation time.

I will go against most and say if you plan on going back to a park after eating at either your plans may not work out so well. I would save it for a night you plan on going back to your room or maybe a slow stroll around your resort. I would second le Celliar if it has to be steak much smaller steaks especially if it is the warmer months. Steaks at both are large with Shula’s being larger the sides are also table sides not for one you could almost make a meal out of that alone.

Yachtsman (or The Boathouse). Shula’s is just ok. After being to at least 4 of them, I can say Ive not had a great steak at any of them.

We had a horrible experience at YSH. The waiter was much more interested in the group of 10 next to us drinking many bottles of wine. 3 kids in this group were running around, bumped into our table many times, threw stuff, nobody seemed to give a crap. Our service was terrible. They insisted we could not be moved to another table.

We have eaten at Shula's a half dozen times and it's like night and day vs YSH. Excellent food & service.

PLUS, they serve my wifes favorite drink on property, Blueberry Martini
Shulas.jpg

We had a horrible experience at YSH. The waiter was much more interested in the group of 10 next to us drinking many bottles of wine. 3 kids in this group were running around, bumped into our table many times, threw stuff, nobody seemed to give a crap. Our service was terrible. They insisted we could not be moved to another table.

We have eaten at Shula's a half dozen times and it's like night and day vs YSH. Excellent food & service.

PLUS, they serve my wifes favorite drink on property, Blueberry Martini
View attachment 770560
Blueberry martini is 🔥. We have to visit at least the bar in Shula’s to get one even if we decide not to eat there, which is rare because we love it. Never had a bad meal there. We used to eat there quite a bit when we lived in Orlando.

Blueberry martini is 🔥. We have to visit at least the bar in Shula’s to get one even if we decide not to eat there, which is rare because we love it. Never had a bad meal there. We used to eat there quite a bit when we lived in Orlando.
Yeah, last trip we went to Il Mulino, but, had to stop at Shula's for the martini.

We debated this many times and have done yachtsman over the years and been very pleased. But then the reviews started to trend downwards and we were leery of returning post-covid.

But many mentioned the fantastic steaks at Boathouse (despite it being popular for seafood) ...and they didnt disappoint and my husband and I had an amazing dinner to celebrate his 50th! We would choose Boathouse over Yachtsman and have still never gone to Shulas.

We usually opt for Yachtsman over Shula's because it's unique to WDW. Shula's is a step above anything Disney owned and operated; however, we do feel it's more average in the world of top tier steakhouses. One of these days, we're going to make it to Bull & Bear over at the Waldorf.
We did Bull & Bear on a recent trip and while it was very good we did not feel it lived up to expectations. May give it a try, but there are others on our list we want to go to first.

We did Bull & Bear on a recent trip and while it was very good we did not feel it lived up to expectations. May give it a try, but there are others on our list we want to go to first.
I'm surprised at your B&B experience. We are regulars there and it has always been a winner for us.

Shulas 100 percent. Our food was served cold last Time at the yachtsman service was terrible and the place is just in need of a total refurb its old looking

I love that martini!

Purely as a steakhouse, it's Shula's by a mile. Yachtsmen is fine though. By outside standards both are pretty casual, meaning you can wear shorts. I wear collared shirts myself, usually Aloha shirts, but I see t-shirts in Shula's if that's your thing. But Yachtsmen is more casual by comparison. Again though, if the question is who has the better steaks and service, it is Shula's by far.

We literally ate at Yachtsman last Sunday and were seated within 5 minutes.
Yeah, you cannot force people to get up and leave. We are always considerate of those that are following so we will get up and head to the bar/Crew's cup to have our after dinner drinks. And if we order desert, we do it when the waiter is asking us how our steaks are, not 30 minutes after we are done with them.

As for the question, we would do Yachtsman because we just like it better (Truffles and Cheese are my fave side ever). We are not far from St. Elmo's in Indy and it is what any Shula's should strive for. The Shula's in Cleveland I ate at Monday was good, but not St. Elmo's good. More like a Ruth's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter