(X) LC- Broccoli Cheese Soup

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
Broccoli Cheese Soup

2.5 Cups of Broccoli (5 total net carbs)
1 to 1 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (6.4 net carbs in one cup)
2tbsp. Butter (no carbs)
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese (to your taste, no carbs so add a little more if you want)
Onion Powder (No carbs)
S&P (No Carbs)
Chicken Bouillon Cube

In a sauce pan boil Broccoli in 2 cups of water, a dash on onion powder, add 1 tbsp of butter and the bouillon cube, cover and boil for around 10 minutes till tender. Drain broth into container and mash Broccoli, beat with electric hand mixer until pureed.

After this add in Cheddar Cheese. Mix again until pasty consistency.

Now pour 1 cup of the broth into the mix, stir. Add the Heavy Cream, stir. If this is too thick add more broth, it has no carbs so use as much as you want/need. Blend with mixer a little more. I like to bring it to a boil once more and enjoy. (Adjust S&P and Onion Powder to your taste, they are not required).

This soup taste very rich, but don't worry, I used the Atkins Carb counter and calculated the carbs for each ingredient and the total for the whole pot is 13.6, and that's throwing in 2 carbs to cover the trace in the cheese I used and the bouillon cube said trace Carb. Being that I believe there is atleast 5 cups in this making it only 2.68 net carbs per serving of one cup. Yummy! Check your indiviual ingredits as you use them, be sure to subtract the fibers from the total carbs as they do not count. My cream was slightly less carbs then the Atkins site listed it should be but for the purpose of this recipe I used their carb count.

NOTE: You could also precook some chicken bites or strips and add for chicken and cheesy broccoli soup ... chicken is Carb free so its a free addition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!