WWYD- Leaving park on MK day

saraheliz

DIS Veteran
We (family of 5) will be visiting MK on a MNSSHP day with the hopes of lower crowds. We are planning on doing a lunch outside of the park at WCC (yes, I know this will take up extra time, but we want to try lunch there for a few different reasons and this is the best day to do it and we should be able to hit those first few hours pretty hard). Would you-

Option 1: Rope Drop MK, leave the park around 11 with 11:45-12ish lunch reservations at WCC, then return to MK until 4ish
or
Option 2: Rope Drop MK, leave park around 1 for 1:45ish reservations at WCC but do not return to MK

I know option 2 means less travel time...but it feels like 2-4 could be prime ride time at MK with people leaving to hop before the party crowds come in if we eat earlier. Plus we'd need to eat a pretty heft mid-morning snack so that would take up time as well.

I understand travel time, when I say "leave the park" I mean being at the dock around that time, not heading out from the back corner of Fantasyland. :)

That's a toss up. A lot of it depends on your stamina for the day.

It might be better to do option 2 if everyone can get by on a late morning snack to tide them over. MK on MNSSHP days gets very busy in the afternoon during the overlap crossover period (we do the party every year). So the crowds will likely be heavier in the afternoon when you go back if you do option 1. Just my two cents, but I would get the most you can in one straight shot with option 2 and then you can relax for your late lunch and even have more time to look around the resort or hop to other MK resorts etc.

That's a toss up. A lot of it depends on your stamina for the day.

It might be better to do option 2 if everyone can get by on a late morning snack to tide them over. MK on MNSSHP days gets very busy in the afternoon during the overlap crossover period (we do the party every year). So the crowds will likely be heavier in the afternoon when you go back if you do option 1. Just my two cents, but I would get the most you can in one straight shot with option 2 and then you can relax for your late lunch and even have more time to look around the resort or hop to other MK resorts etc.

Stamina is pretty good. We did a 10 day trip last August with 8 park days and went pretty hard. :) I just didn't know if the crowds would peter out even more at MK after 2 when people can park hop, until the party crowd started coming in at 4. But it does feel like a toss up...

Of your two options, I'd choose number 2. Personally, I'd have a counter service lunch at MK and try for a 4:30 - 5:00 dinner at WCC.

It has to be the lunch menu so that breakfast items are included and lunch only goes until 2. I have a picky vegetarian kid who gets very anxious about both trying new things and people judging what she orders so having a menu that has something everyone can just order from makes vacation way less stressful. She will cobble together sides etc when she needs to but is usually in tears ordering (because lets face it, people are judgemental about picky kids, teenagers even more so). We did lunch at the GFC last summer for the same reason, but my husband wasn't a fan so we're trying WCC this year.

Reactions: rlk
Stamina is pretty good. We did a 10 day trip last August with 8 park days and went pretty hard. :) I just didn't know if the crowds would peter out even more at MK after 2 when people can park hop, until the party crowd started coming in at 4. But it does feel like a toss up...
In our experience that is a very busy period generally.

It has to be the lunch menu so that breakfast items are included and lunch only goes until 2. I have a picky vegetarian kid who gets very anxious about both trying new things and people judging what she orders so having a menu that has something everyone can just order from makes vacation way less stressful. She will cobble together sides etc when she needs to but is usually in tears ordering (because lets face it, people are judgemental about picky kids, teenagers even more so). We did lunch at the GFC last summer for the same reason, but my husband wasn't a fan so we're trying WCC this year.
This information changes the picture. I understand having to work around a someones dietary needs. In that case, I would still choose # 2. Are you able to take advantage of the EEH? If so, you will most likely be able to accomplish a lot by the time you need to leave for the late lunch. Enjoy!

This information changes the picture. I understand having to work around a someones dietary needs. In that case, I would still choose # 2. Are you able to take advantage of the EEH? If so, you will most likely be able to accomplish a lot by the time you need to leave for the late lunch. Enjoy!

Yes we are, and we are planning an early evening the night before so we can be there bright and early and ready to go in the morning. :)

Reactions: rlk
I would probably do option 1 because it would give the option to stay till 6 if you wanted to even if it is busier as the crowds arrive and I like that flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter