WW Weekly Weigh-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: DisneyDmbNut and Marshmelo!! This is a great board to get inspiration and support. I love both of your screen names. Very fun. Good luck to you.

I have been on a little stress eating and a pre-vacation laziness eating out binge for the past 4 days, and gained .8 this week. We leave in the morning for wdw, and I can't wait. I'm going with a friend who is also a wwer, and I think we will be good for each other. We're planning on sharing some meals, and will definitely be walking a lot, so hopefully it will go well. I'll see next tuesday.

Congratulations to all you who have lost this week. :cheer2: You are doing great and inspiring to us all.

Hugs :grouphug: to those who have gained. Hang in there. You are worth it, and no matter how long it takes, you are doing your body good.

Have a great week everyone.

hi
welcome to DisneyDmbNut and Marshmelo! :cheer2: Great to have you here! I love WW ...ran into a mom at the market yesterday that I haven't seen since the begining of the school year and all she could say was "you look so thin!" :goodvibes I mean, I feel great and I notice the difference, but what a good feeling when other people notice all your hard work too!

that said, I have been very bad this week...I had three days where I went toally overboard eating. :sad2: I am scared to step on that scale tomorrow. Drinking lots of water today hoping to reverse some of the damage I did this week :laughing:

mikamah...have a great time in WDW! We are going in August and I'm already thinking about what I'll eat and how I'll manage WW while there.

Morning!!
I guess alittle history is in order:
2005 I had a fibroidectomy..that lead to a abdominal hernia so I had that repaired in Jan 2006..about 6 months later the fibroid had grown back and I had a hysterectomy..at this point I was about 200. The hysterectomy kinda made me lazy and I gained more weight and in April last year, I think I was about 230ish. Started WW after counting calories just wasn't working..started going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and started losing..got to about 191 when my hernia site started hurting again..Stopped working out about Thanksgiving and had the repair done on January 4th this year...I have continued to lose because I have been watching my intake and adjusting for the lack of exercise.
Yesterday was my first day back at the gym...
I was really happy that I did 1.6 miles in 29 minutes..I can clearly remember last summer just pushing myself to make 1 mile in 30 minutes without stopping for cramps!
ETA - corrected time!!

I have a VR on Disney's Wonder booked in 120 days so I am trying to kick start my plateau that I have been on (still losing..but I am hovering at 175) and get some more pounds off before July!!

Let's see..a tips for inspiration:
Ziplocks are your friend!! I measure out portions of snacks (flat pretzels, carrot chips, almonds) and take them to work with me. If I let myself eat out of the big bag..I eat more than a serving and that is trouble! My greatest accomplishment has been not cutting my food choices but my PORTIONS!!

hi
that said, I have been very bad this week...I had three days where I went toally overboard eating. :sad2: I am scared to step on that scale tomorrow. Drinking lots of water today hoping to reverse some of the damage I did this week :laughing:

I feel like I could float away right now. I weigh in tomorrow and I'm trying to flush my system today.
13.gif

Hi and Welcome DisneyDmbNut and Marshmelo. Thanks for the tips on the ziplock bags. I love hearing what little things work for others.

Yay. First week back on the WW since my trip in Feb.

Down 3.5 pounds

Started: 203.5
Now: 200
Goal: 180

Now back to drinking my water and running to the bathroom 100 times a day :-)

just back from WI....as expected I was up, but only 1.2 lbs. Considering how much I ate this past week I am very pleased. I don't know what happened, but I went crazy eating. I'm gonna blame PMS :laughing:

The funny thing is, I felt so gross after overeating...I went to bed three nights feeling sick to my stomach. :sick: And the things I ate weren't even worth it....DD had some buffalo chicken fingers on Friday night so I tasted one, Then had about 4 or 5 more. I don't even really like buffalo chicken!
Then after that I got into the Girl Scout cookies I had been avoiding since they were brought into the house. I went after one of my favorites, the Lemonade (my all time favorite, Peanut Butter Patties, had already been eaten by others thankfully) then moved on to the Thanks A Lot. I didn't even really enjoy them. So not worth the points. Hopefully remembering that will keep me in check next time.

Grumpy's Wife....how did you do today?

DisneyDmbNut...aren't fibroids horrible, evil and nasty? I have one large (softball sized) fibroid and had UFE in November 2007. I started WW right before my UFE, lost a little, then put it back on and more while recovering. I got back on program on 12/12 and have been feeling awesome since then. I think I combination of getting the fibroid under control and following the program. Glad to see you're doing better now....it is so hard to get back to exercising. When I first started back after surgery I could hardly walk on the treadmill for 30 min. Now I'm doing a combination of walking and running for 30 minutes and have my distance up to 2.48 miles! Keep at it and you'll be a pro in no time!

Have you heard of the Wendie plan? It's a way of distributing your flex points throughout the week to help lose more weight. I have done it for two weeks (not in a row) and both times I lost more weight than my usual loss....the first week was 2.4 lbs and the second week was 3.8 lbs. I swear it makes a difference.

So jealous you're going on the Wonder in 120 days...we had a 4 night double dip booked for 8/17 but had to cancel to save money. Oh well...another time!

Have a great week everyone! :goodvibes

Grumpy's Wife....how did you do today?

I'm just getting back now. I'm down .8 for the week. I was really scared because the scale wasn't moving. My goal this week is to eat all my points. I never thought I'd be saying that but most days I still have a few points left and I never dip into the extra 35.

cepmom I've heard of the Wendie Plan but have yet to try it. I copied it from this site and put it with all my WW stuff. I know at the meetings the leader stresses to us to eat so I'll have to give that a try.

I'm just getting back now. I'm down .8 for the week. I was really scared because the scale wasn't moving. My goal this week is to eat all my points. I never thought I'd be saying that but most days I still have a few points left and I never dip into the extra 35.

cepmom I've heard of the Wendie Plan but have yet to try it. I copied it from this site and put it with all my WW stuff. I know at the meetings the leader stresses to us to eat so I'll have to give that a try.

great job!! Let me know how you do if you follow the Wendie plan this week. I'm curious to see if others have similar results. Even when I don't follow Wendie, I find I do better when I use most of the flex points through out the week.

I never used my flex points unless we went to dinner or had a special occasion...I know some people eat them all every week

Hi Everyone,
My name is Marianna....age 34 married with two DS (5 & 4). This is my first post to the Disboards. I'm very new to all of this, so I'm not sure how this will turn out! I've been doing WW since 2/7/2007 and I'm down 65.6lbs. :banana: Heading back to the World in December and I want to get closer to my goal before I go. We will be a group of 11 on the Deluxe Dinning Plan. I've been struggling for the past 2 months, but am hoping to get back on track. I love my leader and my group, but as I can tell, to much support is not a bad thing. Weighed in this morning and I gained the pound I lost last week! Been a very bad week, and new it was coming.....actually thought it would be more!

Marianna:tink: DH(39):sulley: DS(5):tigger: DS(4):donald:

:wishsixty

7.gif
Marianna. Congrats on losing 60 pounds. I look forward to hearing what little things have worked for you. Come back and post often. Oh, and Welcome to the DIS.

WOW! Congrats on the 65!

I thought of another tip...when I eat a hamburger..I leave the top bun off.
Last night, I made Bubba Burgers and just left off the top bun..small amount..but it probably was at least a point!

Hi! I am Betsy...37..married with a 10yr DD. I have been doing WW online (Flex) for almost a year..Started April 17th at 226..now 175

My goal is somewhere between 150 and 160..but i am thrilled to be down 51 lbs and getting into my VR dress without a "W" next to the # was fantastic11:banana:

:welcome: Betsy!! A great BIG congratulations on your weight loss to date, that is wonderful!!! After you loose a great deal of weight it is common for your body to plateau. I remember the closer I got to goal the harder it was to loose the weight. I once plateued for 4 months. Stay committed, try to change things up a little and hopefully you will break through that plateau and get the scale moving down once again.

Hi Everyone,
My name is Marianna....age 34 married with two DS (5 & 4). This is my first post to the Disboards. I'm very new to all of this, so I'm not sure how this will turn out! I've been doing WW since 2/7/2007 and I'm down 65.6lbs. :banana: Heading back to the World in December and I want to get closer to my goal before I go. We will be a group of 11 on the Deluxe Dinning Plan. I've been struggling for the past 2 months, but am hoping to get back on track. I love my leader and my group, but as I can tell, to much support is not a bad thing. Weighed in this morning and I gained the pound I lost last week! Been a very bad week, and new it was coming.....actually thought it would be more!

Marianna:tink: DH(39):sulley: DS(5):tigger: DS(4):donald:

:wishsixty

:welcome: Marianna. A BIG congrats to you too for your success to date, you should be so proud of yourself. Like I told Betsy in the previous post, after losing a lot of weight plateaus happen. When I was on my 4 month plateau I would gain and lose the same 2 pounds over and over again. Hang in there, change it up a little and stay committed, then you should see the scales going down again.

just back from WI....as expected I was up, but only 1.2 lbs. Considering how much I ate this past week I am very pleased. I don't know what happened, but I went crazy eating. I'm gonna blame PMS :laughing:

The funny thing is, I felt so gross after overeating...I went to bed three nights feeling sick to my stomach. :sick: And the things I ate weren't even worth it....DD had some buffalo chicken fingers on Friday night so I tasted one, Then had about 4 or 5 more. I don't even really like buffalo chicken!
Then after that I got into the Girl Scout cookies I had been avoiding since they were brought into the house. I went after one of my favorites, the Lemonade (my all time favorite, Peanut Butter Patties, had already been eaten by others thankfully) then moved on to the Thanks A Lot. I didn't even really enjoy them. So not worth the points. Hopefully remembering that will keep me in check next time.

Having a gain is always hard to take, but since you know why you gained you are already ahead of the game. I was right there with you a couple of weeks ago, sometimes I just overeat and I wonder why when I am sick to my stomach. Sometimes I realize that I didn't even really enjoy the splurge. But once I realize my errors I hop back OP and get back on track. It is amazing how much better you feel when you are OP. Good thoughts are headed your way for a better week this week.

Congrats on your loss this week!! Listen to your leader and eat your points, it is sooooo important to eat (at the very least) your daily points. Sometimes eating come of your flex points really helps as well. I know it sounds crazy, but you have to eat more (of the good stuff) to loose.

Thank you all for the Welcome. I'm really excited to be part of the group. I'm doing the Flex plan, but am thinking of doing what my leader suggested and do the "Flore" plan. Eat the core foods, but weigh and measure the serving sizes like the flex. That might make a difference. The hard part will be switching the family over to the whole grains. My oldest doesn't like anything that's not in the white group! I'm going to take this week to read up on the core and see what I can do. My main tip for my loss is staying for the meetings. I never use to stay, and would quit after 10 weeks. Now, I have a great support system there and a leader who inspires me...she lost 95lbs on WW. :cool1:
Until my next post.....:)

Thank you all for the Welcome. I'm really excited to be part of the group. I'm doing the Flex plan, but am thinking of doing what my leader suggested and do the "Flore" plan. Eat the core foods, but weigh and measure the serving sizes like the flex. That might make a difference. The hard part will be switching the family over to the whole grains. My oldest doesn't like anything that's not in the white group! I'm going to take this week to read up on the core and see what I can do. My main tip for my loss is staying for the meetings. I never use to stay, and would quit after 10 weeks. Now, I have a great support system there and a leader who inspires me...she lost 95lbs on WW. :cool1:
Until my next post.....:)

Sometimes it is hard converting those around you. I know it is more work, but for the food items that I have substituted that they do not like I just make two different things, this way I get what I need and everyone is happy. A good support system is one of the keys to success and staying for the meetings make a big difference. Even after so many years on program I still pick up new tidbits of information at my meetings.

Hi Everyone! Welcome Marianna! :wave2: Congratulations on the weight loss to all of you :cheer2: I had my first WI last night and am down 3.4 :goodvibes I'll take it, but traditionally I lose more the first week. I think I need to adjust my points because I get 10 extra a day since I'm a nursing Mom, but I only nurse him 3 times a day, so I'm going to reduce my points and see if it works better. Have a good week everybody! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter