• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WW newbies--speak up!

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
Hi all of you new to WW folks! I thought it would be nice to have a place to get to know those of us who are starting out on WW and using the WISH board for support. There are a lot of great threads on here that apply to all, but this can be an extra spot to get specific support.

I have started WW on my own--have done it before and I know the woman who runs the meetings in my area drives me nuts, plus I was using the money as an excuse to not get started. (I honestly can't afford the meetings) So, since I have done this before and really know how, I decided last Monday to just DO it! I had been to a shower on Sun and a good friend of mine who I hadn't seen in quite awhile was there. She has lost 78lbs since the beginning of the year!! Wow! I am so thrilled for her and also decided that the difference I saw in her was something I wanted myself. It was time to stop looking for the miracle cure and get to work! (She is doing WW too.)

I am at a point where I feel like I am going to accomplish my goal this time around. I feel very confident and happy about this decision. I know that WW is something I can maintain for a lifestyle. I am using the points system, mainly because I have all of the materials from being in WW previously and also because it seemed like the Core plan was a little too loose for what I needed in my life.

I have about 100 lbs to lose, am a Realtor and homeschooling mom of 3 kids. (DD8, DS4 and DS2, almost 3) I have an incredibly supportive husband. We have been through a lot together and he has been praying for me daily for quite a long time for me to find the motivation I needed to lose this weight. Not because he wanted me to, but because he knew it was something I wanted.

So, that is me--who are you?
Be sure to tell us how long you have been doing WW and what plan you are doing. As well as a bit about your weight loss journey. We can then use this thread to keep track of each other and check in.

Hi Julie,

I did WW in the late 70's and of course over the years the pounds have packed on again. We have a big trip in March that I want to be alot slimmer when we go. So my DH and I have decieded to take the bite and join. I also know the $$ is alot but its something we HAVE to do. I'm also hoping to get alot of support on the Dis Board.
So next wed will be my first meeting. I have to wait until then to join due to getting paid, but I've started cutting back, drinking alot more water than I ever did.

Good Luck to us all..............:)

Hi Julie and Becky....

My name is Teresa, I'm 37 years old and a SAHM with two DD's 12 and 9 years old. My DH and I have been married for almost 15 years (in Feb) I'm 5'4" and before I started WW in August, I was 208. I joined WW Aug 24th and have been doing great with the program so far. I think the reason I'm so successful with this is that I'm writing everything down and I've really increased the amount of water I'm drinking and the amount of exercising I'm doing. I love those weeks when I lose 2 or 3 pounds, but have been losing an average of 1.85 pounds per week, which is great.

We're taking our first Disney Cruise in May and I want to be around 140, so I have about 53 pounds to go to my goal. My ultimate goal is to be between 130 and 140 pounds (for my height, I should be from 116 to 140). I can't remember when I was ever under 160 pounds (probably in my very early teens), so the thought of being 140 is awesome for me. I have 5.2 pounds to get to my first 10% and then I will go from there.

I've been keeping a journal in here (under Wish Journals) and I think it's helped writing my ups and downs down, etc.

I love the support on the WISH board and I know I will accomplish my goal weight soon and maintain it for life!!!!!!

I'm here. I started WW last Saturday, so tomorrow is my first weigh-in. My big kids (DS13 and DD11) are doing it with me. They couldn't officially start last week becasue they needed a doctor's note first, but they're ready to go tomorrow. They each need to lose about 20 pounds...not so much to lose the weight but to stop the upward trend and start better habits.

I need to lose over 100 pounds. I need surgery, and the doctor told me to lose 50 pounds before I get it. She wants me to do it by spring. I figure if I'm going to wait that long, I may as well wait until August (when nobody is in school or swim team or anything) and lose even more.

Disneymom3, up until last year I was homeschooling and working 30 hours a week. Now I'm working full time, the big kids are in public middle school, and my little one is in private preschool.

DD11 and I are doing Ladies Workout Express (like Curves) together, in addition to the WW.

Barb - My DD 9 (she'll be 10 in Feb) is trying to follow the WW program with me. She's 4'10", but weights 112 pounds after having a huge growth spurt in the last two years. She's about 20 pounds heavier than she should be. She's not trying to lose, but maintain until she can have another growth spurt (height) and as you said, get her use to making better decisions. She thinks twice before getting into the sweet snacks and goes for fruit or veggies now. She's always been very active, but both my DD's have appetites like teenage boys:hyper:

Good luck with your weight loss and upcoming surgery!!! I'm sure you'll do well in your first weight in tomorrow:sunny:

I started WW for the first time on 10/12. My first weigh-in this past Tuesday, I lost 2 lbs. I was hoping for more initially, but I'll take it! The plan is fairly easy to follow and not as hard as I had thought it would be. I have about 40 lbs. to lose and would like to do that by next summer.

I was inspired to join since a friend lost 80 lbs in under a year on WW. She is an inspiration for sure!

I have a super-supportive DH and a 16 mo. old DS.

Kristi

So glad to see so many who have responded already!

I had a challenging day today as I was going out with my sisters all day and we were going out to lunch and out to breakfast. Yikes! That was a little scary! Did pretty well, we split a 4 egg omelet 3 ways and I had the english muffin that came with it. Drank two big glasses of water while sitting there too! Then we went to a coffee place to sit and chat after a big shopping marathon and I got iced tea--no cals! And for a late lunch had a chicken sandwich--with buttered grilled bread though so not as good as it could have been-- and a FEW fries. A much lower calorie day than it would have been a week ago.

Tell me what you guys think of this...I am really feeling great about this whole decision and am supposed to weigh in (well, on my bathroom scale--lol!) on Monday. The thing is that I don't want to be disappointed if I don't lose much (or any :( ) so I am thinking about NOT weighing myself. What do you think? To weigh or not to weigh???

Julie, I'd say you need to weigh yourself, just to be sure you're on a downward trend.

Hi there - I just started WW last week, after doing low-carb for the past 2 years. Initially, I had lost 45 lbs, but gained back 15. So now I've returned to WW - new to the "point" & "Core" system. I used the core system this past week because I thought it would be easier transitioning from low-carb - WRONG! - I totally confused myself! I still managed to lose 2.8 lbs. I have switched to the points plan (I get 26 per day) and have found that I can have a banana and a Healthy Choice ice cream sandwich this evening! I need to lose 85 lbs - maybe I can do it within a year. I also go to Curves - I try to go 3x per week. I need to get back to the WATPs tape on other days too.

Julie - I'd go ahead and weigh if I were you - but remember to not get on those scales too often. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Onward & downward!!!

I'm not a newbie, and I hope you don't mind me jumping in to WISH you all success, and Congratulate you on taking the first step!!! :cheer2:

If I can encourage even one of you, I will be happy. I joined WW on 1/12 this year, and have lost 65 lbs, to date. I'm still trying to lose a 'few' more, the hardest few. :rolleyes: So, it CAN be done, trust me. ;)

Best WISHes to you ALL! Onward and Downward!!!

:sunny:

Julie W.- I would go ahead and weight yourself, but don't freak out over it. WW says it's suppose to be a guide only. Also, MEASURE yourself. I find that I might only lose 1 or 2 pounds, but I have lost a couple of inches. THAT'S what's important.

Tonight I wore a pair of jeans that had always been tight in the butt (talk about a wedgy)... they fit great now, even lose in the waist!!!!

Kim - I think 65 pounds is so great!!!! I love reading about people who are on WW and have lost what I want to... I know it CAN be done. You encourge ME:sunny:

Julie (minniecarousel) I love the point system myself, but I have nothing to compare it with. I find I don't snack as often if I know what I have available and I drink WAY more water than I did before. 2.8 pounds is still awesome, so stick with it (WW told me I shouldn't lose more than 2 pounds per week) Good Luck!

Oh Kim - LOVE your pumpkin!!!:D

KimRaye--thanks for the encouragement! good to hear those success stories!

Barb, how did you weigh in go yesterday? Good for you helping your kids establish healthy habits early on. I am constantly covertly watching my kids (without being paranoid about it.) Making sure that the snack choices are healthy is a big part of helping to be healthy, I think. We talk about how sweets are fine, but you need to make sure you eat more healthy food than junk and just have the extras once in awhile.

Tera--congrats on the jeans!! That is the key, isn't it? The clothes more than the pounds!

Minniecarusel-I don't know much about the Core plan. I think it's great that you didn't even feel like you knew what you were doing and still lost close to three pounds.

Okay, I will weigh in tomorrow and let you all know what it says. Talked with DH about this last night--and the fact that by the end of the day I had eaten one vegetable and one fruit, BUT overall it was great improvement--and he got me convinced too. I know that what I am doing is a long term thing and the numbers on the scale don't dictate my success. Sure is nice to see them going down though!

WOW! KimRaye - great job! You inspire the rest of us!!

The thing I'm actually having fun with is figuring out the points I've had - making sure I've have enough fruits & veggies (after low-carbing it for so long, fruit really tastes great!). I look and see if I can have some Healthy Pop popcorn or a Healthy Choice ice cream bar. I will be amazed if I lose any weight this week after all that I've been eating (I know I'm sticking to the points, but not getting enough water.)

Here I am all the way from new Zealand. :wave:

Count me in i need to get going on this healthy lifestyle change.

I have just been on my exercise bike and biked 10 kms not that far but it was better than nothing. Each day at a time.

I am currently 92 kgs :eek: but am on my way to getting those kgs down.

A friend and i are starting ww at home and have decided to weigh in each week and save the money we would pay to go to meetings. I am going to get a money tin and decorate it with pictures of disney. Will use that money saved to go on my next trip to the states.

I am off on holiday on sunday fro 2 weeks to australia so won't be weighing in while over there but will take note of weight before going and when back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter