• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow the crowds...

That's crazy. A few Saturdays ago we ditched our 11 AM Guardians FP beause the line was halfway through Bugs Land. Talked to someone later and it was 40 minutes for the FP - and 80 minutes for the regular line. But that was also the day Cars was broken for hours and Toy Story Mania was closed until 6 due to Pier construction. So we just did character meet and greets instead, which is how I finally met Loki.

I have only used MP on three trips and have never seen the backup at FP return. I can say every GRR FP I have ever used since 2005 has been essentially a walk-on. At most a 2 minutes wait. This is riding GRR FP probably 50 times. Never seen anything remotely like today. I know that that happens when a ride has been down and lots of other earlier FP folks come back too. But I do not think that was it based on the multiple times I saw the backup today.

You're lucky about GRR! When we go during Christmas it's that way (walk-on), but other parts of the year (spring and Sept/Oct) the line gets to be upwards of 45-50 minutes (pushing FP returns outside the entrance).

FP return lines can look SUPER long but I have never waited more than 10 minutes in one, and that is very rare. Don't be discouraged by what looks to be a long line. We did that long Grizzly RR FP line last weekend and it only took 7 minutes to get on the ride.

Also I forgot to mention DDIL had to skip a ladies room break as the line was out the door and well into the walkway. I don't remember seeing that before either at least not unless some major show had happened.

Yeah, another crazy crowd day today. We only come every few years, but typically mid summer. This is busier than we’ve experienced before. We had a great day today, but late afternoon and evening have been pretty frustrating. Now settled for Fantasmic in the B.B. area and it at least is relatively spacious-but this whole side of the park is insane again tonight. Here’s hoping tomorrow is calmer!

My sons are almost 16 & 18 and they even conceded that Frozen was excellent. They do a lot of musical theater and they were impressed.

The bathroom lines were awful on Monday, too.

I’m glad we had such a great trip and that we had some bang-out days. I’ll probably never get back and I thankfully was not frustrated.

Here’s hoping tomorrow is better!!!

Oh my goodness, HydroGuy! I had no idea you have a DGD! That is awesome! One of my most favorite DISBoards memories is of your family displaying the HydroGuy Rocks sign on Splash!! I can’t remember when that was but I continue to love it!

Thanks for reporting on the crowds. We are headed there soon, and I am interested in what is happening.

I hope you have an amazing vacation with your family!

RSR, GotG, and Splash all had 30 minute FP return times tonight. Busy, busy, busy. Trying to navigate DL was a nightmare. DCA was much better, but still long lines. I twisted my ankle and got horribly motion sick tonight. Blah.

OP, crowds were crazy to us yesterday afternoon and evening. Morning was great but the POTC line never shortened. That whole area was a madhouse! By lunch time, the whole park felt chaotic.

We waited 45 mind in fp line last night for soarin.

Hoping for fewer crowds and a lovely day for all of you at the parks today! At least the weather is pretty nice.

I’ll be there tomorrow morning, hoping the 9am opening isn’t too bad.

We were in DL until about 1 today-seemed a little better than the last two days. Got a ton done between 7 and 9:30 or so. Off to DCA in a minute.

We go to Disney almost every June and have also been there over Thanksgiving, Halloween and random other dates. I have never seen it so crowded as when I was there this last Monday 6/18 and Tuesday 6/19. Monday, we arrived at 6pm as we had been in LA for the day and the both the train and monorail were +45 minute waits. Astro Blasters (that usually hovers between 5 - 30 min) was 55 min. We left and went to Trader Sams and came back around 9p and it was still crazy. On Tuesday, we arrived just after opening and the security line was all the way back to Harbor. Almost all ride lines were averaging 55 min plus and fast passes were going fast. This was our last day in the park and we only had a 1/2 day. We had been there since Friday so it wasn't a big deal for us, but I cannot imagine if I only had 1 or 2 days in the park and those were it. What was really surprising is almost everything was walk-on on Saturday and Sunday! On Sunday, Star Tours had 15 min wait at peak day, Indy was only 45 min (which is good for Indy), and Peter Pan ~35min.

Really? I just came back from DL a few minutes ago -- I left at around 1:20. If anything, I would have said crowds were lighter than I expected. They weren't bad at all. Often in the afternoon, the FP return line for Buzz stretches nearly to the churros cart. Never once was it longer than about two minutes today. Maybe we were in different parts of the park? I tend to avoid Fantasyland after my 8:00 - 8:25 visit. I get to PP right at rope drop, hit Mr. Toad and perhaps Alice/Dumbo/Snow White and then head over to TL. If that's where you were, you have my deepest sympathies ;-).

I was going to come and ask if you were there yesterday. I noticed your name on the top list for buzz and wondered if it was you!

We had to skip two rides for which we had active FP's because the FP return lines were so long. The Soarin line came out to smokejumpers. At about 11:40am. We had to get to DL so we gave up. The FP return at Indy went all the way to the treehouse. Never seen it that long. The Space Mtn and HM FP lines were normal. Then we swing by GRR on the way back to our room at GCH. First I have never seen a GRR FP lone of ANY length. This one went all the past Rushin River store to the bridge. Almost to the Redwood Creek challenge. We detoured from DL Into DCA for this so not only did it we not get to ride it, it wasted our time as we walked extra to her there.

One saving grace is the weather which has been really nice.

Oh Ive seen GRR fastpass line go crazy far...its ridiculous...but Im curious...so with Pixar Pier opening up this weekend how do you guys think the MP will fare? Not so much this weekend but say in a couple weeks....I mean would it still be worth getting a MP if even the FP lines are super long? You would just be paying for nothing

I don’t know if we expected worse because we are used to WDW and this is our first Disneyland trip, or we are just getting lucky, but we havent found things that bad. Our worst night was Tuesday night when we returned to Disneyland for our BB fantasmic dinner. Getting through Adventureland was crazy. But other than that, we are having a great time and thanks to EMH rope drop and max pass, we haven’t waited in any long lines. It’s been great! We have been on everything, several multiple times. Sounds like we are getting lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter