Wow the crowds...

The parks look downright awesome right now. Lots of 5 minute lines, Buzz is 5 and ST only 30. Even in CA the PP rides are each 70 minutes but everything else is pretty moderate crowd level normal. Maybe a 6? I guess everyone rushed in to see PP and then went home lol. I’d be quite happy with the lines if I were there today!

The parks look downright awesome right now. Lots of 5 minute lines, Buzz is 5 and ST only 30. Even in CA the PP rides are each 70 minutes but everything else is pretty moderate crowd level normal. Maybe a 6? I guess everyone rushed in to see PP and then went home lol. I’d be quite happy with the lines if I were there today!

Deluxe and SoCal APs are blocked today. I expect things will be quite a bit busier tomorrow when these passholders can get in. I’ll be there but sticking to DL only and hoping it won’t be too bad over there!

Ouch, charged twice? this doesn't sound good. Were you able to get a refund?
I thought it might just drop off before it cleared, but no such luck. I called when I got home and they refunded it. No apology for the hassle though.

Crowds were definitely the best today-on our last day, where hadto leave at 1. Damn! Altough we’d olanned to spend our last hour at DL doing a couple of favorites, when HM and Pirates both went down :(

Crowds today have been great for the most part! I felt the Disney magic today where it was missing the rest of the week. People were so much friendlier (probably because they weren't being smothered by crowds!), we made it to 3:45 before coming back for a break. We will go back for awhile tonight before heading home tomorrow.

We got caught on a TSMM breakdown that lasted forever before being walked off this morning. They gave us a multi experience pass that is good for Incredicoaster, then I was able to get another TSMM pass for this evening. We went to Incredicoaster with a FP and it was a madhouse (FP line went around and up the hill about halfway to Adorable Snowman!) but we were on the ride in maybe 10 minutes.

I was disappointed. The ride was a bit more jarring than I remember it being, and the changes were hard to even see... Just a quick glimpse of a few new things. I still like the ride, but not worth the hype, in my opinion. And I love The Incredibles. The Pier is hard to navigate with the crowds and lots of remaining construction. I think it will be a nice addition, once the hype is gone and the area is back to normal crowds.

Did you look at your picture? Did they do anything cool with that? I always look at the pictures, I collect ride photos.

Finally home after spending M, Tu, W and F at DL and DCA. Im disappointed we had to experience the M-W crowds after having planned to visit on those specific dates because SoCal passes were originally blocked. It was kinda tough trying to navigate through the crowds with a stroller, and waiting in longer than avg times to get on the rides. Fridays visit was night and day in comparison. The crowds were clearly lighter and it felt more relaxed. We were able to go on rides at DCA and DL with manageable wait times.

Still busy this AM checking out of hotel. Friday was a dream like I had expected for Wed-Thu. Light crowds as the two SCAP blockouts were not lifted liel they were on Wed-Thu. Nice day and the best day of the week. Weather had been really great as well.
Actually, SoCal passes could go on Friday. They were unblocked from the 20-22nd. Thursday and Friday had the same blockout situation, so any difference between crowds on Thursday and Friday was not AP-related.

I’m sorry you had so many unforeseen issues with this trip (like trouble buying Maxpass, which apparently was a widespread glitch this week? How strange!) I hope your granddaughter still had a lot of fun, and I’m glad your last day was a good note.

Actually, SoCal passes could go on Friday. They were unblocked from the 20-22nd. Thursday and Friday had the same blockout situation, so any difference between crowds on Thursday and Friday was not AP-related.

That was what I thought as well - that Disney unblocked 3 of our 4 days. However, I also noticed the same lower crowds on Friday as @HydroGuy. Friday was really nice!

Hydroguy, I missed it, were you able to do the IC and enjoy everything open at PP? I hope so. As much as you help everyone else, your family deserved a lot of pixie dust. pixiedust:

Our first pic in the morning didn’t have anything, but our afternoon pic had graphics with the entire Incredible family. Very cute.

I'm glad they kept the picture .I was thinking with the cookie stand they might have removed the photo op.

Hydroguy, I've reported Space Mtn FP waits like that on two separate trips and other posters disagree and tell me they've never seen the FP queue backed up at the second scanners. Twice we experienced switch backs up there. Interesting to note though, we did not have this problem when we visited a week ago.

I'm glad they kept the picture .I was thinking with the cookie stand they might have removed the photo op.

Hydroguy, I've reported Space Mtn FP waits like that on two separate trips and other posters disagree and tell me they've never seen the FP queue backed up at the second scanners. Twice we experienced switch backs up there. Interesting to note though, we did not have this problem when we visited a week ago.
The cookie stand is a movable cart in front of the old photo purchase desk which had been walled off.

We rode space three times with fp and 2 of the 3 times the line was backed up way beyond the 2nd scanner. The last time, yesterday, the line was almost outside the covering. Being newbies at DL, I didn’t know that was not the norm.

Everyone was at DCA today and DL was dead. 90 minutes after opening, Peter Pan only had a 30 minute wait. That never happens, especially in the summer. Went to DCA just to go Guardians and I saw the mob headed toward the Pier. We avoided it like the plague.

Last night was great as far as rides at DL. My 12 year old and I stayed late and basically walked in Indy, BTMRR, Pirates, HM, and Splash twice. Crowds for fireworks and F!, but even those were much more manageable than the rest of the week. Saturday really made our week! Aside from some issues while visiting PxP, and a huge SLOW line at Red Rose Tavern at 2pm (I think everyone was trying to avoid the busy lunch hour!), we really had a fabulous day!

Even though Friday was still open for SoCal (not Select), the crowds were a lot better than Tues-Thurs (but nothing like Sat). My guess was that SoCal APs that wanted to visit that weekend waited until Sunday to see PxP.

Last night was great as far as rides at DL. My 12 year old and I stayed late and basically walked in Indy, BTMRR, Pirates, HM, and Splash twice. Crowds for fireworks and F!, but even those were much more manageable than the rest of the week. Saturday really made our week! Aside from some issues while visiting PxP, and a huge SLOW line at Red Rose Tavern at 2pm (I think everyone was trying to avoid the busy lunch hour!), we really had a fabulous day!

Even though Friday was still open for SoCal (not Select), the crowds were a lot better than Tues-Thurs (but nothing like Sat). My guess was that SoCal APs that wanted to visit that weekend waited until Sunday to see PxP.
Glad you had such a nice day yesterday! We have found Saturdays during the summer to be pleasant for the past couple of years, and I’m glad that was even more true for you over on the DL side yesterday!

As far as APs, the SoCal Select passes were blocked both Thursday and Friday. The SoCal passes were unblocked both Thursday and Friday. So the difference between crowd levels Thursday and Friday have nothing to do with AP blackouts... it’s not a huge deal or anything, but if people are thinking the difference between a “blockout day” and a “non-blockout day” = this past Thursday and Friday, that’s incorrect... which may affect future planning, which is why I think it’s worth pointing out, that’s all.

As far as the long Red Rose line, that’s why I only use mobile order for food these days! :teeth:

Glad you had such a nice day yesterday! We have found Saturdays during the summer to be pleasant for the past couple of years, and I’m glad that was even more true for you over on the DL side yesterday!

As far as APs, the SoCal Select passes were blocked both Thursday and Friday. The SoCal passes were unblocked both Thursday and Friday. So the difference between crowd levels Thursday and Friday have nothing to do with AP blackouts... it’s not a huge deal or anything, but if people are thinking the difference between a “blockout day” and a “non-blockout day” = this past Thursday and Friday, that’s incorrect... which may affect future planning, which is why I think it’s worth pointing out, that’s all.

As far as the long Red Rose line, that’s why I only use mobile order for food these days! :teeth:

We were using our Chase Reward Visa points, so we couldn't use mobile ordering, unfortunately. I really wish they would change that!

Tuesday and Wednesday were definitely busier than Thursday and Friday, but there was a noticeable difference between Thursday and Friday, as well. I don't know the actual reason for the difference between Thursday and Friday, but it could be that there were fewer out of towners in Friday (some vacationers wanted to leave before the packed weekend and others hadn't gotten in for the weekend yet) and still the typical number of APs.

When we left Friday, we were trying to be hopeful that the fact that it didn't get super busy Friday night would mean Saturday would be good, but we thought there was a good chance it would be crazy. Friday evening was pretty good. That could indicate fewer out of towners (crowds lightened because a decent number of APs visiting for the day didn't stay late).

I will say, though, that everything was SO much better on Saturday that any future visits we make will be with a strong emphasis on blockout dates.

Over the week, we had fun on rides/shows/etc, but the crowds really beat us down. And unfortunately, so many people that made up those masses are missing a huge part of the Disney spirit. I'm not used to seeing so many people who are only looking out for themselves and not caring how their actions affected others. I saw so many people treating others horribly (down to shoving, namecalling, cutting, cursing, screaming bloody murder during non-scary rides, which terrified my 4 year old with sensory issues, loudly talking about sex and drinking in front of little kids, etc), without even giving it a second thought. My husband even got to listen to a group of young women talk about how Walt Disney was a Nazi sympathizer. Why they believed this and still chose to spend their money there, I have no idea.

Saturday we had people stopping to volunteer to take family pictures of us, holding gates open, apologizing, striking up friendly conversations, complimenting our kids, my dress, etc. The entire situation was just day and night, despite the fact that our last day is usually the most difficult because we are all tired, sore, etc. we couldn't help but be in a good mood.

Please note: I imagine that the vast majority of people who spend their free time posting on Disney boards are not the type of people who behave badly in the parks, AP holders or not, so it is unlikely that any of these complaints apply to anyone reading this. Also, we got screamed at by a lunatic who appeared to be an out of towner (she took off to the Desert Inn and Suites after flipping out) on Thursday, so I definitely don't think all the bad behavior is coming from locals. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter