WOW - I just sold my old gold........

UGH...I am bummed...I called the place I found and the lady that does the buying is out and they don't know when she will be back. :(

Is there anyone in S. CA. that has done this and if so, where did you do it??

Can I have it too?!

I just had craigslist up checking it. How funny. I'm in Indianapolis too. He pay cash?

I need help. I just came back but did NOT sell it because I didn't like the guys price ....compared to what you all were getting. lol

He weighed my pieces of 14K gold pieces. Said it was 18.5 grams and he would give me $111. He said that's $6/gram.

I'm trying to do the math here from this article, but I'm confused if it was a good deal or not.
http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=20080229_gold_investing_and_selling.htm

No one at the mall buys jewelry. This is a local owned shop in business 25 yrs that gave me the quote. The little stand at the mall told me I would have to go to the pawn broker, but I haven't called them yet.

Can someone help me with the math on the 14K gold price?

Maybe I'll contact the person in our craigslist area.
Pawnbroker won't give price/gram over the phone. I would have to drive there.

OK, I'm not sure if this will help clear up some confusion or make things even more complicated!;) :confused3

I went to a gold party last night. My girlfriend sold a 14K bangle bracelet (it was big and bulky) that weighed 36.5 for $547. 547 divided by 36.5 is 14.99.

I had 4.0 of 10K and 40.55 of 14K and they paid me $708.

I'm not sure how they came up with the prices...but I was thrilled!:cool1:

I had called my girlfriend and she just got back from the same place and got $200. She had 1 14kt bracelet, 2 rings and a melted down piece of gold.

What is a gold party and how do I get invited to one?

I'm thinking my local jeweler was trying to give me a very lousy deal.

Okay... I just found another place... I am on my way over there now. I will let you all know what happens!!

I went to a local jewelry store today and was a bit disapointed after reading what you all got.
I had my HS ring (10CT) but very heavy.
I had my wedding ring and engagement ring. they were very thin, I never liked bit jewelry. they gave me $25 for the under 1/4 CT diamond because I had broken it a long time ago. (14CT)
I had 5 or 6 small charms and my mother's grandmother charm with a chain (14CT)
I had 3 very thin chains that (14CT)
And something else that I can't remember right now but it was 18 CT but again, a small piece.
Total I got $267.10.
I brought alot of other pieces that my ex husband had given me between 1976 and 1980. He told me that it was all gold but the guy at the jeweler said it was gold plated. The jeweler that sold it to him years ago was a friend and was murdered here in Fairfield a few years ago. He didn't sell cheap stuff so I am surprised.
But my garbage disposal broke a few weeks ago and I have had to fish gunk out of the sink with my hands for the past few weeks so I am buying a garbage disposal.
And I splurged big time at my favorite vice, Yankee Candle. I spent $38 on votive candles. Peggie

Don't feel bad Mickey527... I just got back and all I got was $250...and I had a LOT of stuff... grated, it was all light weight, but after reading all these posts I thought it would be more too. Oh well, it is $250 more then I had an hour ago for a bunch of junk that was just taking up space in my jewelry box.

Thank you for starting this post.
While I did not fair as well as many of you, I did walk out of the jewelers today with $280.00 more than I went in with:cool1:
I took some old rings that I probably haven't worn in the 15 years since high school, some old chains and charms, and one pair of earrings.
Some of it was a little hard to part with but as soon as I told myself I haven't worn them in 15 years, it became easier!!!
Thanks again.

I cleaned out my jewelery box (and hubby's!) and went to Dynamic Coin and Jewelery in Wethersfield, CT. Came out $415 richer! I brought some rings, nothing big, single earrings that we had lost one of the pair, a charm and some small, light chains/bracelets. It was all stuff that was just sitting in there not being worn. I won't even miss it!

I did not ask what everything weighed or what he was paying per oz. I had in my mind I was getting rid of the stuff, and since I was happy with the $415, I took it!

Of course I did spend $150 on Pandora charms for my bracelet in another jewelery store, but who cares, I sold my old stuff, why can't I spend a little of it? Another $200 will go towards the work clothes I just bought, getting ready to start a new job, and the rest goes in the Disney fund for June.

Anyone know what gold is going for today?

I think I am going to call our jewelry and ask what is the price he is giving by Karat per gram.

I went in to my fav jeweler yest. and he offered me $90, I was dissappointed so I didnt part with my junk jewelry, then today I went to another jeweler, one I rarely visit and she offered 160.00 for the same junk, I took that deal!:goodvibes amazing isnt i?:goodvibes :3dglasses

What is a gold party and how do I get invited to one?

I'm thinking my local jeweler was trying to give me a very lousy deal.

I'd like to know this too. Does anyone have any info on how to find gold parties or how to go about organizing one?

Did anyone turn in old gold watches? I have a few of those. I am calling jewelers now to see where I can go!!!

I went in to my fav jeweler yest. and he offered me $90, I was dissappointed so I didnt part with my junk jewelry, then today I went to another jeweler, one I rarely visit and she offered 160.00 for the same junk, I took that deal!:goodvibes amazing isnt i?:goodvibes :3dglasses

Wow, good call! How did you know? I'd love to try my luck too, but really don't get how the prices are determined and like you, wouldn't want to be short changed. Anyone have any ideas?

Gold Parties are "the thing" here in Michigan right now. It's like a Tupperware or Candle party, but instead of buying things you're selling your gold. The hostess has an open house (the one I went to was 5:30 - 8:30 pm) and you just stop by their house with your gold. There were three people from a company called Goldswap there testing and weighing and handing out the cash. The hostess had snacks, desserts, soft drinks and wine to enjoy while you were waiting your turn.

Here's the part that will really blow your mind...the hostess received 10 percent of the total sales for the night for having the party. My girlfriend made $1100 as the hostess!:banana:

Gold Parties are "the thing" here in Michigan right now. It's like a Tupperware or Candle party, but instead of buying things you're selling your gold. The hostess has an open house (the one I went to was 5:30 - 8:30 pm) and you just stop by their house with your gold. There were three people from a company called Goldswap there testing and weighing and handing out the cash. The hostess had snacks, desserts, soft drinks and wine to enjoy while you were waiting your turn.

Here's the part that will really blow your mind...the hostess received 10 percent of the total sales for the night for having the party. My girlfriend made $1100 as the hostess!:banana:

I have been looking all over for something in NJ this is awesome!!! I can't find anything online. Did this company have a website???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter