WOW - I just sold my old gold........

lisaross

DIS Veteran
I could not believe it.................i sold i'd say about 10-12 pieces of old jewlery and i got $900.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking i'd get a couple of hundred!!!!!

Thank you everyone for posting about gold!

I think i brought in 3 rings (1 a H.S. ring - only 10k) a few necklaces, couple of bracelets - really nothing that that Great!!!!!

lisa

Wow, that's great!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to have to gather up all of my broken pieces and see what I can get.

I was about to go into a jewlery store at the mall - when i saw a stand that said "we buy gold" figured it was a scam - anyway went over (happened to know the kids from my sons camp) anyway i told him i was about to go to a jewlery store but lets see what his price was - i almost fainted - he said jewlery is the highest its been in the 8 months he's been working the stand! So of course i said i'll sell it! He said the jewlery stores give a bit less - if thats true or not - i would have been thrilled with a few hundred but $900.00 i was flawed..........

Where did you sell it at? What store?

I went in yesterday with a couple borken necklaces, some cheesy old charms and some stuff from Old Boyfriends, got $352.00! Adding to the Disney Fund :)

Wow! I haven't been to the budget board in a while. I'm going to go scrounge up some old pieces for sure!

Wow that is great! :banana:

Hmmm..... DH has an old wedding ring laying around from his previous marriage and that sucker is heavy!

Is it just regular jewelry stores that everyone is going to?

Thanks

I read the other post about this and collected all my stuff but haven't gotten to the jewelry store yet.
How did you all do it? Did you have to take the stones out of the rings? I know some of my stones are emeralds and they are expensive, and I still have my diamond in my engagement ring from my wedding that ended in divorce. I have been saving it for my sons to use but they said they would never give their girlfriends a 1/4 ct.

I'm trying out cash4gold.com, I requested an envelope from them. I won't be too disappointed if it's a scam since I wasn't going to do anything with the jewelry anyway, but I'll be excited if it does.

My son wants to see the banana, it doesn't have anything to do with my post, lol. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I read the other post about this and collected all my stuff but haven't gotten to the jewelry store yet.
How did you all do it? Did you have to take the stones out of the rings? I know some of my stones are emeralds and they are expensive, and I still have my diamond in my engagement ring from my wedding that ended in divorce. I have been saving it for my sons to use but they said they would never give their girlfriends a 1/4 ct.

But they might want to use the stones in another ring some day. When I got married, diamonds were very expensive and we were poor, so I got a quarter carat ring. After 10 years, dh took the engagement ring, bought a large stone and a second quarter carat diamond and had a gorgeous ring made for me.

i had many promise rings from old boyfriends. Stupid me sold them a few years ago at a yard sale for cheap! Maybe I still have all those id bracelets from the 1980's boyfriends. lol

I'm about to go thrift store shopping to find gold! Maybe they don't know how much old cheesey gold is worth! WOW!

LOL...I would also like to know where people are bringing their old gold. I have a few pieces that I received from jerk boyfriends that I will not ever wear again. My Disney fund needs to be padded a bit!!!

I've seen in the papers that some pawn shops are buying the gold. They might be worth checking. Some jewelry stores will give you a store credit instead of cash. Just check around.

Can you define SCRAP GOLD? I just went thru my jewelry box. Came up with several gold chains, bracelets & anklets from the 80's. All very short fine chains or rope style chains. Most are light, but one chain is of pretty good weight. They've been in the jewelry box for 20 yrs because they are too short now. They would make chokers. lol

There is more but I don't know if its anything I want to part with just yet even though I don't wear it. No children to pass anything down to either. Just sentimental since its from DH.

I would LOVE to rip that gold chain from DH's neck however. lol Its been a fixture since the 80's. UGH! Thank goodness its not a big heavy one. lol

Is scrap gold broken jewelry or outdated styles? Would there be more value in selling it as jewelry rather than as gold to melt down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter