WOW - I just sold my old gold........

Any ideas if these items would be worth going? I just went through my box and found a bunch of old things.

4 random 10K rings from HS. Small stones
1 solid 14K ring
14K large rope bracelet
3 random small necklace chains
a 14K flat gold necklace and matching braclet
14K plain gold XO bracelet
14K gold and diamond XO bracelet
14K 1/2 of one of those best friend heart charms
a few other small random pendants

Where would I go? I guess I'll call the local jewerly stores and ask if they know who would buy gold. Might as well give it a shot. I called my mom and told her so she is going to go through her old drawers and see what she has.

I also have a few really really old WWII pin pieces but I am not sure if they are gold or not.

A friend of mine just had a Sell Your Gold for Cash party (like Tupperware parties I guess). I didn't go. I thought that it was whoo-haa, but now I am sorry I didn't go. I could use some money for that Disney vacation I just booked! I might call her to see how it went and if it was for real - if you know what I mean.

I will be gathering up all of those 80's charms and charm holders, some ugly earrings and a couple of rings I will never wear. Do they remove the stones I wonder or should I do that myself?

Michelle

Just got back from selling some more -

got back 490.00!!

sold 2 rings
1 bracelet
2 thin necklaces
a few pair of earings.....

i think thats about it - now i'm all cleaned out of old jewlery! BUT i have a nice stash to add to our 09 Disney Vacation Fund!

Just got back from selling some more -

got back 490.00!!

sold 2 rings
1 bracelet
2 thin necklaces
a few pair of earings.....

i think thats about it - now i'm all cleaned out of old jewlery! BUT i have a nice stash to add to our 09 Disney Vacation Fund!

Wow, that's really encouraging! I hope the online prices are just as good. I have

1 18k gold chain (pretty heavy)
2 14k thin chains
2 14k gold rings, light in weight
1 10k bracelet

My mother says I left some old stuff at her house as well, I'm going to go after work and pick it up.

Okay, I just can't resist going through my jewelry box. As a matter of fact, I have so much old stuff in there that I don't even use the box anymore. I am a very detail, get the most out of your money, kind of girl. Guess it's being a single mom for 10 years that did that to me, but anyway, this is what I did. First, I went online to investigate everything from the process of cashing in gold to them melting it down at the refinery. I then did a google search in my area of places that buy gold directly and listed them. I called each of them to inquire about their process and see how professional they were, I asked lots of questions about pawn shops vs jewelry stores. I asked him to be "honest" with me and advise if I should go to a pawn shop or jewelry store. He said that pawn shops are for people who don't know better, and that almost all jewerly stores will pay the same according to the cost of gold that given day, the quality of your gold and the weight. And it is way more than a pawn shop. It is a mere calculation and he said everyone should be well within reason. It took about an hour of my time and calling with silly questions, but this is what you do and how you do it. Also, tell them you have a list and that you are willing to shop around. From all my calls, it sounds like gold is worth a fortune right now so don't faint when they offer you the money, be prepared and then decide if you think they are offering you a good deal or not. Also, the online gold places look good I guess, and one of them lets you decide if you want to still sell after they offer you the money. Good option if you're not able to shop around and ask stupid questions. Remember, your old boyfriend cut a lot of lawns to get you that charm necklace! Not to mention, husbands for me. Now I wish I wouldn't have thrown my ring at my husband and his girlfriend and would have kept it for me. By the way, they traded in my ring for a ring for her. Hope she sleeps well at night, well not really.

I just sold mine. I went through all my 80's gold and took it up today. First I went to a local jewelry store (individually owned) and they wanted to give me $300. I then went to a big pawn shop here in town and he gave me $500. I was figuring between $500-550 just by my calculations so I did good.

He did say gold was down $8 today (of course when I decide to sell--tomorrow it will probably double:rolleyes: )

funny, i heard gold was up .02 from yesterday......

I just sold mine. I went through all my 80's gold and took it up today. First I went to a local jewelry store (individually owned) and they wanted to give me $300. I then went to a big pawn shop here in town and he gave me $500. I was figuring between $500-550 just by my calculations so I did good.

He did say gold was down $8 today (of course when I decide to sell--tomorrow it will probably double:rolleyes: )

I am going to have to do this too. I just looked up jewelers in our yellow pages and a few of the ads say they buy gold. Thanks for the information!

Sandra

I just want to say Thank You to everyone for alll this info. I took some things into a smakk jewelry shop today. I didn't have alot: a few rings, 2 charms, a bracelet and a thin necklace. I got 225.00. I was thrilled. My DH thought I was nuts until he found out what I got.

I had a few broken chains, real thin cheapy ones, a couple of rings, broken bracelet, 2 necklaces-thin, a couple of rings and earrings. I think 1 person said the weight was 28 grams. I could be wrong though.

Okay, you all have got me wondering how much $$$ I can make. I found a place in the Yellow Pages and I am heading over there after work. I will let you know what I get!!

OMG!!!! DH and I had barely anything gold, I prefer silver but we figured even a couple hundred for things we've both had forever and never wear would be very cool. So DH called a guy from craigslist, the guy met DH within the hour and DH just came home with......$890!!!!!
:faint:

and DH still had most of the items too since some were gold plated and some gold filled.

I'm not much of a jewelry wearer, so most of the pieces I have were gifts that are still in the boxes! I have 2 bracelets and a necklace that, according to their boxes, are "18K gold over sterling silver". Do you think they would buy those?

OMG!!!! DH and I had barely anything gold, I prefer silver but we figured even a couple hundred for things we've both had forever and never wear would be very cool. So DH called a guy from craigslist, the guy met DH within the hour and DH just came home with......$890!!!!!
:faint:

and DH still had most of the items too since some were gold plated and some gold filled.

Holy! I'm in Indy too - would you be so kind as to PM me the name/contact info of the guy you used? TIA!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter