Wouldn't it be Cool!!

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
Wouldn't it be cool if Disney followed the trend of themed cafe's like Nascar cafe, All stars cafe, Planet Hollywood, etc and designed a Disney Cafe'. They could do it like a character dinner and have Mickey there and serve some of the great Disney dishes. The cafe's could be located around the u.s. at tourist destinations so that we would have somewhere to go to when we are in Disney withdrawl and can't make it all the way to WDW!!!

I'm sure this is not an original idea, so has anything like this ever been considered, already done, in the works?????

I think this a great idea. All the Disney dishes would be named after characters, attractions and movies, etc. and the waiter's and waitresses would all be Disney characters.

Imagine this: "Hello, I am Aladdin and I will be your waiter this evening".:D

Wasn't there some sort of restaurant - which failed to catch on - planned to go with the Disney stores in malls across the nation? I seem to remember reading (who knows where!) something about a prototype location, which was not a success. Or, maybe I read the project never got off the drawing board - I just don't remember.

I think there was a children's parties place run by Disney out west somewhere that closed about a year or two ago...could that be what you're thinking of?

Only two locations for Mickey’s Kitchen ever opened – one was just outside of Los Angeles and the other was in the Chicago area. They were supposed to an enchantment to The Disney Stores and located next to all of the larger ones. The restaurants were heavily decorated with Disney characters and the menu featured “healthy” food items such as vegetarian pizza, turkey burgers and fruit (which was Mrs. Eisner’s idea). As any parent can tell you – even Mickey can not get a child to eat anything “good” and the menu was downgraded over the life of the restaurant.

What killed the concept were the economics. Disney was expecting to make the same kind of money that the restaurants at the theme parks get and so the prices were very high. The public refused to pay that steep of a premium and Disney refused to accept lower margins, and the project was cancelled in about a year.

Mickey’s Kitchen is what I was trying to think of. Thanks, Another Voice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter