Votes: 30 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 73 68.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Sabeking

DIS Veteran
There have been recent complaints of fewer threads...so I thought I would bring this one up. Last night my DH and I went to dinner. We pulled into the driveway about 8:45. The house behind ours was sold last spring to a younger couple with a toddler. I have spoken briefly with the husband and have yet to meet his wife. As we were pulling in my husband glanced up and saw the wife in the window. The window has an odd shape, round on the top and square on the bottom with no blind or covering. He said oh my gosh, I looked up and apparently she had just gotten out of the shower and was toweling off. :rolleyes1 I won't lie I was giggling pretty hard. I don't know them, but gosh if this was me I really would hope someone would tell me. I thought about saying if I saw either one outside something like...." Hey saw someone walking around in the bathroom the other night, you may want to cover the window before I see something else. What would you do?

There have been recent complaints of fewer threads...so I thought I would bring this one up. Last night my DH and I went to dinner. We pulled into the driveway about 8:45. The house behind ours was sold last spring to a younger couple with a toddler. I have spoken briefly with the husband and have yet to meet his wife. As we were pulling in my husband glanced up and saw the wife in the window. The window has an odd shape, round on the top and square on the bottom with no blind or covering. He said oh my gosh, I looked up and apparently she had just gotten out of the shower and was toweling off. :rolleyes1 I won't lie I was giggling pretty hard. I don't know them, but gosh if this was me I really would hope someone would tell me. I thought about saying if I saw either one outside something like...." Hey saw someone walking around in the bathroom the other night, you may want to cover the window before I see something else. What would you do?

I don't know if I'd say anything or not. It's basic common sense to put some sort of window covering over your bathroom windows.

No, I wouldn't say anything. Really not a way to do so without coming off like a creeper. You telling someone to cover up their windows so you don't see them naked in their own home can easily get turned into "well, how about you just don't stare into my windows?"

I will vote no, because this happened years ago and I told the guy and he got all upset at first.

Or maybe they are comfortable being ala natural and don't give a hoot.

No...they are either oblivious to the situation, exhibitionists, or just dont care.
Hopefully you/r family won't have to "see" it in the future.
Let's hope they don't shower/towel off together lol. Could be an interesting blk to live on.

If I knew them well, then I would mention it, but since they are basically strangers, I don't think o would be comfortable addressing the issue. However I might constipated an anonymous letter in the mailbox (as long as you can see the window from other places then just your driveway or yard!)

Nope, not at all. I'd purposely avoid glancing toward that window though.

I'll be the dissenting opinion. Years ago, we were camping, and this lady was in a small tent near ours. She undressed in her tent one evening, and normally that wouldn't be an issue, but her light was on, and she put a show on for everyone (taught me to always face the light the other way so as not to project a shadow on the tent wall). I've always felt badly about not letting her know, as I would have appreciated someone helping me out. I'm in favor of an anonymous letter in her mailbox. I think it's the neighborly thing to do. If she doesn't care, at least you let her know, and I don't see the harm in giving someone that heads up.

If I knew them well, then I would mention it, but since they are basically strangers, I don't think o would be comfortable addressing the issue. However I might constipated an anonymous letter in the mailbox (as long as you can see the window from other places then just your driveway or yard!)

How does an anonymous letter get constipated? I'm sure auto correct messed up that word.

At first I thought anonymous would be the way to go, but if the neighbors cared about being seen, they'd be paranoid and wondering which neighbor got the free show.

How does an anonymous letter get constipated? I'm sure auto correct messed up that word.

At first I thought anonymous would be the way to go, but if the neighbors cared about being seen, they'd be paranoid and wondering which neighbor got the free show.

Boy I love auto correct! It was suppose to be consider. I have to add that tHis cracked me up.

I'll be the dissenting opinion. Years ago, we were camping, and this lady was in a small tent near ours. She undressed in her tent one evening, and normally that wouldn't be an issue, but her light was on, and she put a show on for everyone (taught me to always face the light the other way so as not to project a shadow on the tent wall. I've always felt badly about not letting her know, as I would have appreciated someone helping me out. I'm in favor of an anonymous letter in her mailbox. I think it's the neighborly thing to do. If she doesn't care, at least you let her know, and I don't see the harm in giving someone that heads up.

Let's be honest, it's not all that anonymous... there are only so many possibilities of people that can see into that window that would care enough to write about it so as not to see it again.

I voted no. They have to be fully aware they are toweling off in front of a non-covered window. I'd say they just don't care if they are seen naked.

I would not say anything. It would be too awkward and uncomfortable and I think it would come off as creepy, even though it was just a coincidence that she was seen, not like you were camping out in your yard with binoculars waiting for a "show." LOL. You would think she would know to cover the window.

If you need to let her know without confronting her, either an anonymous letter, or if you happen to be outside and it happens again, just make a lot of noise, talk loud to DH or something. That way her attention will be drawn to you and maybe she will be startled an realize she lives in close proximity to her neighbors and if she can see you, you can see her.

I wouldn't say anything. They probably like it that people can see in. If it's a pretty lady I will give her what she wants and will be looking all the time.

I would not say a thing.

If i was camppming with that lady in the tent? I probably would just let her know about the shadow effect. I think that is different than standing in front of a window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter