Would you pull your kids out of school for a Disney vacation?

I did and would in the future. My husband's busy season at work is March-September so going when they are on vacation is pretty much out of the question anyways. There is absolutely zero chance we would ever go during Christmas vacation with park closing crowds not to mention missing our out of state family during the only time of year they come to visit.

As others said, there is more to life than academics. We value education but I believe in a well rounded education, one where kids learn real life skills as well. I'm sorry but I believe our current education system does a poor job of teaching some major real life skills.
Our girls missed 6 school days for our trip and both jumped right back in, in my younger daughters' teacher's words "without skipping a beat". The school was happy for us and basically told us to go and have fun.

I will note that due to medical issues with one of our kids this year she has missed 12 days of school. Completely unexpected and she did receive a medical excuse. However, we will not plan a vacation that would have us pulling her out this year partially because of it. I'm okay with them missing some school but at some point you also don't want to push the limits of how much they can still miss while learning what they need to. This means no family vacation because our district has no 'spring break' this year.

The responses make me laugh(in a good way) because even though I'm not technically a new parent, I'm not too sure what's expected and there are times when I worry that I will do something way off.I'm really fine with pulling my kids out for a vacation, but if I'm the only one I might hesitate. I appreciate all the positive responses (and the negative too) in helping me make sure I'm not doing something crazy. Hopefully we can plan a great vacation as a result!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter