Would you pay extra?

Would yo pay extra for towel animals?

• No way - Waste of Money

• No way - They should be included in the price of the room

• Yes - but only for $20.00 a night or less

• Yes - I'd pay more than $20.00 a night, we LOVE towel animals

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most of the small ones are made with ok washcloths or cheapie washcloths. We were waiting for beignets once and the girls were making scads of them out of the old cloths so it wasn't taking housekeepers time or expensive cloths.

Those cloths were probably ones ready to get "ragged out" which means they have reached their end of usability. Then they get stripped down and turned into something else that doesn't touch a human body. A towel or washcloth can only go through so many washings and usage before it's recycled into another product.

I kind of get a kick out of people who are so excited to get a towel animal but wipe down their entire room with disinfectant. Do they realize what that towel animal is made of and where those towels or cloths have been?

Absolutely not. I wish they wouldn't bother and instead spend more time getting the rooms cleaned earlier.

Denise

nu2dvc said:
Are people really "demanding" towel animals? First I've heard.

Sadly, the expectation has gotten to the point of complaining to the front desk when they don't get them. I've seen more and more threads lately on the DIS like that.

If it was a pay extra option, would you pay to receive a towel animal every day with your mouse keeping? I'd pay an extra $20.00 a night :goodvibes Would you?

I love towel animals! The few times I've been to the World, they have left the cutest shapes! With that being said...

I wouldn't pay extra. If you pay so much for the room and the souvenirs and the food and everything else, why have another extra cost? :confused3

But I still love them. :)

Definitely wouldn't pay $20 a night to have towel critters, definitely WOULD pay $20 a night if they could ensure I never saw another one of those cockroach critters that periodically show up in the rooms :)

Never. Honestly I don't care if I get them or not.

$20 a night on a week's stay would be $140! For towel animals. For far less than that you could buy a how-to book and some stickers and make your own. And then if you paid $140 for towel animals, exactly how disappointed would you be to get a lame one? The one I got at Art of Animation was a pleated washcloth with a sticker on it depicting the Easter Bunny. In November.

Nope!!!! We got two left one day on our trip, but if not it wouldn't have been a big deal. I can use $20 a day on something else. :)

Never. Honestly I don't care if I get them or not.

$20 a night on a week's stay would be $140! For towel animals. For far less than that you could buy a how-to book and some stickers and make your own. And then if you paid $140 for towel animals, exactly how disappointed would you be to get a lame one? The one I got at Art of Animation was a pleated washcloth with a sticker on it depicting the Easter Bunny. In November.

Maybe it was supposed to be a Thanksgiving Bunny? I'm sure they ate bunnies at the first Thanksgiving, didn't they??:rotfl2:

$20 would probably buy me a small Disney stuffed toy! No way am I paying any amount of money for folded towels in a cute shape.

If I don't get towel animals, I don't get them. Really not a big deal!

With the prices as much as they are at disney for much cooler and better quality stuff than that I would NEVER pay $20 a night for a Towel Animal. So much more you could do with that money at Disney than spend it on something like that. However if you have the money to do that type of stuff more power to you, do what ya like. Brotha could you spare a dime??

I've never really understood the whole fascination with towel animals. If I get one, OK. If I don't, OK. It doesn't make or break my vacation. I would think the suspense and surprise of getting a random one would be more enjoyable than paying for one, and maybe not getting what you expect.

Imagine the posts . . . ."My mousekeeper made a sloppy looking towel duck! I paid good money to get a great detailed towel animal and this one couldn't even stand on it's own! I'm so upset they wouldn't comp my room over this! Blah . . . blah . . .blah . . .":rolleyes:

That wouldn't even be on my radar as something I'd be willing to pay extra for. I agree with the pp who said they would rather the mousekeepers would spend that extra time actually cleaning the rooms.

This thread is too funny :laughing: Having said that, when one of my dd's was little she loved the towel animals. Brought one home and kept it in her bathroom for a good long time :)

One trip at CBR housekeeping had a table setup in the food court teaching how to make towel animals. Maybe every resort should do that :)

I don't even spend $20 on a towel that I intend to own! If they are really important to you, I recommend going on a Disney Cruise....you will get one every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts