Would you move your flight?

I’ve easily made a 1030 flight, but we had a car and TSA pre-check. TSA pre check has been worth every penny.
We got to the airport for a noon flight and noticed there was a 10:30am that we could have easily made. I’m afraid to push it that close with PC sailings.
When sailing out of Miami, the port is so close to MIA, we have easily made 9:58-10:02am flights 3 times now. We still have time to sit around at the gate. The next non stop is at 2pm. No way am I intentionally sitting around MIA for 4 hours when we can be landing in Philly by 12:30pm.

I’ve easily made a 1030 flight, but we had a car and TSA pre-check. TSA pre check has been worth every penny.
Clear is also well worth the investment if you travel frequently and fly in/out of supported facilities. Especially if you have a credit card which provides a discount.

Part of the issue is not just the TSA lines, it's the lines to check baggage. I've flown SW a few times this year out of MCO and the line to check bags stretched to the middle area that opens up to the concourse (where the elevators are). So if you have to check bags you have to stand in that line, and then have to go through TSA (though pre-check and CLEAR help there).

I did just read that SW opened up another baggage drop at MCO, so hopefully that helps. Sometimes I've gotten desperate and gone back outside and stood in the skycap line to check my bag (which was still abnormally long, but not as long as inside).

Recently flew through MCO and noticed they had a free option for "Reserve" TSA screening for certain terminals if you don't have TSA Pre-Check or Clear. If you know roughly when you will get to the airport, you "reserve" a time to go through TSA and there is a separate line for people who have made the reservation. You can only do this a few days ahead of time (i.e. not before you set sail), but should be able to do it morning of before your disembark or during your transfer to the airport.

When I went through, there was almost no one using the "Reserve" line and it actually seemed like my 10-15 minutes through Pre-Check took longer! The regular security line took 30+ minutes!

Recently flew through MCO and noticed they had a free option for "Reserve" TSA screening for certain terminals if you don't have TSA Pre-Check or Clear. If you know roughly when you will get to the airport, you "reserve" a time to go through TSA and there is a separate line for people who have made the reservation. You can only do this a few days ahead of time (i.e. not before you set sail), but should be able to do it morning of before your disembark or during your transfer to the airport.

When I went through, there was almost no one using the "Reserve" line and it actually seemed like my 10-15 minutes through Pre-Check took longer! The regular security line took 30+ minutes!
Sounds like a Fast Pass for the TSA.

We got to the airport for a noon flight and noticed there was a 10:30am that we could have easily made. I’m afraid to push it that close with PC sailings.
When sailing out of Miami, the port is so close to MIA, we have easily made 9:58-10:02am flights 3 times now. We still have time to sit around at the gate. The next non stop is at 2pm. No way am I intentionally sitting around MIA for 4 hours when we can be landing in Philly by 12:30pm.
Is a 9:55 not advisable? Original flight canceled so re-boomed on a 3:00.

Is a 9:55 not advisable? Original flight canceled so re-boomed on a 3:00.
Personally, I would choose the 9:55 out of MIA. We have TSA Precheck and our kids are grown and don’t travel with us these days. Getting up early, stopping in Cabanas, and being ready to do self walk off by 7:20 am is easy for us. We call for an Uber as soon as we get past customs. This has been a super short line for us since the restart, and we have cruised 5 times post covid.

When our kids were little, they were not morning people at all. They got dressed slowly, ate slowly, couldnt manage a large suitcase, etc. We would not have chosen the early flight with them then. It would have made a lovely vacation end in frustration, anger and misery.

So even though I say I would book it, I fully understand that it’s not so simple when travelling with children, or elderly parents too.

If you feel the lines to check your bags were too long, there is always the option to check them outside (at least for Delta) with a tip. It can significantly cut time before security and if at MCO let you stop in the Disney store for a rice Krispy treat :)

I’m contemplating moving my flight from a 5:45pm departure to a 12:15pm departure out of MCO. We have tsa pre-check

I’m contemplating moving my flight from a 5:45pm departure to a 12:15pm departure out of MCO. We have tsa pre-check
Yes, with pre-check you'll be fine as long as the ship docks and clears customs on time, which it does 99% of the time out of Port Canaveral. 12:15 with pre-check is an ideal time, actually. Given that you ought to be off the ship no later than 9am, you'll likely arrive at the airport by 10:15, which is two hours before the flight and more than enough time for someone with pre-check. If you're the nervous type, do express walk-off and leave the ship earlier. No way would I want to hang around the airport until 5:45pm, personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!