Would you move your flight?

kmgt

Mouseketeer
Right now we are booked to fly home out of MCO at 4:30pm the day of disembarking. Not getting home until midnight (then still an hour drive home).

There is an option to change it to a 1pm flight getting home at 3pm.

I’ve heard not to book too early in the day, that’s why I originally chose 4:30. But man, that’s gonna be a long day at airports.

I think that would be fine. Though you could rent a car, hire a tour and take the early exit off the ship and enjoy the day of vacation doing something. Where are you returning, which port?

Yea, because the 4:30 flight has a long layover and the 1:00 flight is direct.

Port Canaveral

No brainer - switch! Non stop 1 pm flight is awesome. If you walk off the ship you can be off by 8, at MCO by 9 or 9:30. With tsa precheck you could easily make a 1030 flight. Without precheck 11 is safer, but 1 is no problem.

Assuming we are not talking about one of the busiest travel days of the year. Then, definitely.

Right now we are booked to fly home out of MCO at 4:30pm the day of disembarking. Not getting home until midnight (then still an hour drive home).

I’ve heard not to book too early in the day, that’s why I originally chose 4:30. But man, that’s gonna be a long day at airports.
Not an exact comparison (and we were driving our own car parked at the terminal), but the last time we got off a cruise, we were in the gates at Magic Kingdom by 9:30 if that gives you a reference point for timing.

I would also switch.

If it wasn't for the long layover, and if I wasn't in a hurry to get home, I might take the later flight and spend the day at the beach or something on disembarkation day. But definitely not if it made the difference between a 2h direct flight and a 7.5h itinerary. 1 pm is plenty of time to get to MCO.

Out of Port Canaveral you should be fine with earlier flight, if it was a port such as Galveston that frequently has fog, I would be hesitant.

Agreed, I’d change it in a heartbeat!

I would feel comfortable with that.
1 pm flight is about as early as I would fly after a cruise out of Orlando. We BARELY made a 12:35 pm flight, literally walked right from security to our gate and boarded. Mind you, we were at the airport by 9:15 am, had checked out bags and had our boarding passes by 9:30 am. The line at security took 90 minutes.
We flew through MCO on our WDW vacation and our bus transfers warned you need to be at MCO 3 hours ahead of flights. This trip, they were pulled people with close flight times out of the regular TSA line and running through the Pre-Check line, although that line was pretty lone too.

1:00 shouldn’t be a problem. Orlando can have painful security lines but you should get there by 10:30 easy if you get off ship around 9:00.

I’ve easily made a 1030 flight, but we had a car and TSA pre-check. TSA pre check has been worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter