Would you class yourself as being friends with your siblings?

Not really friends. We are cordial -- always send holiday greetings to each other, happy birthday, etc. But if my car brakes down, I'll call someone else to come get me.

My sister, who was 14 years older than me, was one of my best friends, a mentor, and when I was little, a mother figure. Her death 9 years ago devastated me and left an irreparable wound. I have a brother. I’ll just say we aren’t close.

Yes, there are 6 of us left and the youngest is 69 - oldest is 89. We live in different states, but are on the phone constantly, and get together when possible.

No, not really. We see each other on major holidays and for major milestones. We all very much pulled together during the last weeks of my mother’s life. I think from the outside looking in we look like a very cohesive group, but that’s really not the case.

Sure. Just spent over 2 hours at my sister’s house. She took care of my rabbit while my family was on vacation. Had to tell her all about it and hear about her Thanksgiving while getting the bunny!

Yes I would definetly consider my sister a friend.
I'm very thankful we get along.
It's never been a perfect relationship I admit and that's ok.
I'm there for her and she's there for me.

I only remember being around my brother a couple times in my life and not past the age of five, so I don’t even know him. I always think of myself as an only child even though I’m technically not.

Yes and no. I'm the oldest of the three of us brothers. I'm cordial, I love, but I would not say I'm friends with my youngest brother. Now my middle brother we were very close. We hung out often. We had an equal love of all Cleveland sports teams. We watched the Browns in person during the 1980s. Saw some miserable football when they returned in 1999 (and still pathetic). Watched the Indians, now the Guardian's resurgence to become a World Series contending team in the 1990s and still that today. We did so much together. He often called his big brother for advice and just to talk. I miss that so much. My life changed when he suddenly passed away from a heart attack on 5/1/2011 at 45 years old and just one day after he walked his daughter down the aisle in marriage.

Sorry to be long-winded, but I have to share this story. He had three boys 22, 20, and 18 when he passed. They also, like their father and their uncle (me) live(d) and breath Cleveland sports. With that also comes a deep disliking for the Pittsburgh Steelers. They (his sons) had him dressed in his favorite Bernie Kosar jersey, wearing a Cleveland baseball cap, and some Cavalier wristbands for his viewing. But in classic fashion and what my brother would have wanted, they had him holding a sign that said, "I may be bound for glory, but the Steelers still suck." It was so him. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter