Would you class yourself as being friends with your siblings?

Definitely. My sister is one of my very best friends. I am also very close to my step-sister and step-brother.

Yes. More so as we have gotten older since he is 23 years older than me (65 and 88). Other than a few months we never lived under the same roof.

Definitely. She's 5 years older, but we've always shared our secrets, gotten along as adults and mostly as kids, and I consider her my best friend.

Definitely, but we are better friends as adults than we were as children

Would you class yourself as being friends with your siblings?​

Yes. Although growing up, we didn't have the same circles of friends, so didn't really "hang out" together. But we got along, for the most part. After growing up, and becoming adults, we got more like friends.

I am friends with my sister but not my brother. He is a jerk and his wife is a horrible person. I haven’t seen him in about 3 years and he only lives 10 minutes away. I’d be ok with seeing him but I don’t care if I ever see his wife again.

Depends on the meaning of friends. My brother and I have been carrying on the same conversagion for roughly a year via text every couple of weeks.
Once every few years we'll have lunch as he drives down I95.
He came to Orlando for my mother"s birthday and went to HS. He hates crowds and all things Disney. When he agreed to do that for my mother's birthday I booked him a nice hotel.
That being said if I needed something or he needed something each of us could 100% rely on the other without question.
Oh and earlier this year he found out I was in the hospital from one of his kids via my kid. I learned that we are at the age where any hospital admission can kill you. Or so he said during one of our very very rare phone calls. Noted hospital admissions require phone calls.

No.

We are 7 years apart and have never been close. It has been at least 12 years since I last spoke to my brother.

I have 2 younger brothers.
1 yes
1 no - not at all - never

I am actually glad to see others voted no. I thought it was just me.

Yes. My sister is my best friend, and the most precious person in the world to me. We had our spats as kids and teenagers, but as adults we're there for each other, unequivocally.

Yes, and really like all of their spouses. There are six of us and I get along with them all.

* we aren’t perfect and have our differences but nothing too major. I know some people have impossible personalities to deal with in their famalies. I think we just got lucky.

When compared to people I personally chose and cultivated friendships with? No, the relationships are certainly different than that. Not lesser, just very different. In a million years I wouldn't choose my brothers and sister as friends, but neither would I trade them as siblings. :goodvibes

Absolutely. We are just far enough apart in age that we weren’t competitive growing up, but close enough in age to experience cultural touchstones at the same time. We don’t always agree, but we are experts in the agree-to-disagree philosophy. We didn’t even have any issues splitting up our parent’s belongings when they passed away.

I would have said yes until we had to take care of elderly parents. That has been really hard to negotiate! We're doing okay, but not sure I'd say they were friends at this point.

Yes, I have one sister that is 2 years younger than me. She is my best friend. Our kids are friends too… which I love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter