Would Disney ever replace Indiana Jones Show with Indiana Jones Ride?

I have no desire to see the Indy stunt show again. It will be very nice if they put in something different there. A show or ride something new.

No more shows in DHS please. I think we've got enough of them there.

But would love for a new ride, especially an Indy one.

I get some people like that show but I feel it's so played out. And there is almost no point in seeing it twice.

We see it every time we go (average every two years). Why is there no point in seeing it again, yet it's okay to ride something like Peter Pan more than once. It never changes either.

No more shows in DHS please. I think we've got enough of them there.

I would disagree with this as well. Part of what makes Disney special is that it has a great mix of rides, shows, and special entertainment. I think of rides and I think of Six Flags. I think variety and I think of Disney.

We see it every time we go (average every two years). Why is there no point in seeing it again, yet it's okay to ride something like Peter Pan more than once. It never changes either.
Very good point, love the Indy show. The world's largest moving stage still I believe.

I guess because I find the rides more enjoyable. I would guess that if you asked people if they'd rather ride Peter Pan a 2nd time or watch Indiana Jones show a 2nd time, 90%+ would say Peter Pan.

I would disagree with this as well. Part of what makes Disney special is that it has a great mix of rides, shows, and special entertainment. I think of rides and I think of Six Flags. I think variety and I think of Disney.

That's my whole point. Disney and DHS in particular already have a great number of shows. What DHS is lacking right now is rides and the Indy Show is completely played out. I'm tired of the corny jokes and the Hawaiian shirts.

The Indy show has been there forever. I wouldn't mind seeing something new.

I haven't seen Dinosaur since it reopened after the rehab that was happening when I was there last October. I read that they were supposed to add lighting so you could see more dino details, but family of mine who have been on the rehabbed version did not notice any better detail, which is disappointing. Dinosaur could be fantastic, but it's not.

What they really ought to do is start filming the Indy stunt show for about a year and then collect the best moments from all the footage. Then they should scrap the Indy show and replace it with a great Indy ride, either the same as in DL or an all-new, better one. Then they can set up screens along the queue and play the reel of footage from the stunt show for those nostalgic for the show.

What they really ought to do is start filming the Indy stunt show for about a year and then collect the best moments from all the footage. Then they should scrap the Indy show and replace it with a great Indy ride, either the same as in DL or an all-new, better one. Then they can set up screens along the queue and play the reel of footage from the stunt show for those nostalgic for the show.

Hilarious but that should appease the show lovers.

What if they kept the show and gutted star tours for an updated Indy ride and then rethemed backlog express to have a small Indy land

I have wanted them to dot hat for a long time. AS others have stated the Dinosaur ride at AK is jsut a reskin of the Indy rides (it is even the same track layout and everything) but that doens't mean they cna't build Indy at HS. Don't think many people woudl realize it was the same, plus they coudl always alter the track layout in some manner to make it mor different. But having ridden both they feeel completely different plus they'd be in diferent parks anyhow.

I like both Dinosaur and the Indy ride, and would be happy for Indy to come to DHS. The show on the other hand, I would love to just go away, my husband likes to go every few trips, and I dislike it more and more each time.

I hope they make a mini land out of it. Indiana Jones is an almost guaranteed success.

I think there have long been rumors of such a replacement but honestly I think if that were going to happen it would have by now. Unless the franchise sees a rebirth then I don't see it as likely anytime soon.

I am in the minority but I prefer Dinosaur to Indy at DLR. I guess I was expecting to be blown away by the Indy ride after reading about it on the DIS but after riding it I didn't understand the hype of why it was so much better. Dinosaur is one ride that still terrifies me and usually have my eyes closed for much of the ride lol. Different strokes for different folks. Though doesn't mean they can't still make an Indy ride at HS, but I do agree it's time to retire the show.

I agree...I actually think the dinosaur ride is the better of the two. The IJA ride to me felt like the ride system didn't fit what was going on as much as I would have liked. And the big open room was kinda disorienting for me...just my take.

But ether way...that ride is old...both really are now..and if they manage to resurrect/inject life into Indiana jones...they'd need a new concept now.

I hope they make a mini land out of it. Indiana Jones is an almost guaranteed success.

Ehhh...I love the Indy movies but I think it may have lost some relevancy. I recently watched the movies with my 9 year old and you'd be surprised how surprisingly few of his goofy friends have watched them or show the slightest interest...they haven't been indoctrinated like Star Wars

In this day of IP promotion I doubt we'll see a new ride in the parks that isn't part of an active ongoing film series. Are there more Indy movies coming?

Of course...

Indy in many ways is ground zero for Lucasfilm...the only collaboration of lucas and the "Spielberg people"...who are kathy Kennedy and frank Marshall.

Since Kennedy is now described as then most powerful woman in Hollywood...thats a big property.

The show needs to go .. it's been the SAME show for 20 years. I don't quite understand why they just haven't updated the script or something in the past 20 years. Heck the stunt show at Six Flags Great America (back in the day) had a Stunt Show that they change the show several times (until its now recent demolition). It was a Batman stunt show, then a Wild West stunt and then a Spy Girl stunt show.

It HAS to go, but I don't think it would be replaced by an Indiana Jones ride. The show is the FINAL original attraction of DHS remaining that is about the "making of movies". It just doesn't fit anymore.
Unless they make an Indiana Jones "immersive" area .. it just doesn't belong.

The question is what they are going to do with that whole end of the park .. Indiana Jones, the old Sound Stage and Star Tours after all the new lands are built.

I was disappointed when I tried to get my son to see the show (probably the last time) on our last trip, but since we wanted to see the Galaxy Far, Far Away show we didn't get to Indy in time and they were stopping people getting in. I was shocked considering how big that theatre is. Just shows how little there is to do at DHS that 20 year old shows get filled to capacity.

The show needs to go .. it's been the SAME show for 20 years. I don't quite understand why they just haven't updated the script or something in the past 20 years. Heck the stunt show at Six Flags Great America (back in the day) had a Stunt Show that they change the show several times (until its now recent demolition). It was a Batman stunt show, then a Wild West stunt and then a Spy Girl stunt show.

It HAS to go, but I don't think it would be replaced by an Indiana Jones ride. The show is the FINAL original attraction of DHS remaining that is about the "making of movies". It just doesn't fit anymore.
Unless they make an Indiana Jones "immersive" area .. it just doesn't belong.

The question is what they are going to do with that whole end of the park .. Indiana Jones, the old Sound Stage and Star Tours after all the new lands are built.

I was disappointed when I tried to get my son to see the show (probably the last time) on our last trip, but since we wanted to see the Galaxy Far, Far Away show we didn't get to Indy in time and they were stopping people getting in. I was shocked considering how big that theatre is. Just shows how little there is to do at DHS that 20 year old shows get filled to capacity.

Good question...

Why?

Why did they mothball 20,000 leagues and the skyway for 10 years before they bothered to touch it?

Why did they close a functioning pavilion in Epcot and let it rot?

Why did they never replace the hunchback show in mgm?

Why did they use the boat docks from the awful dak boat ride for Pocahontas meet and greets?

Why is there an overgrown swampy waterpark on bay lake?

The answer to your question and all others is the same: the executive philosophy has changed and they aren't concerned with appearances any more...only revenues and reducing labor costs.

Look: they're having a good month...so disney gets a pass for now...but most "why don't they?" Questions all come back to the same place.

It's a miracle they haven't canned the stunt show and left an empty theater...to be honest.

Universal Studios Hollywood still has the Waterworld stunt show. Waterworld. I was shocked to see that when we considered going last year (we didn't wind up going, it was right after their Potter land opened and we figured crowds would be insane). I remember seeing it in 1996, and God knows Waterworld didn't have the staying power of Indiana Jones.

I don't think we've bothered to see the Indiana Jones stunt show in the past 20 years, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter