Worth going in park Before Ticketed event?

MexaQuebec

Earning My Ears
Good day Everyone,
I heard that crowds are normally "LOWER" than usual on days of a ticketed event.
That being said, I understand that the park will close earlier in order to leave place to the "Event".
some people might think it will be too crowded and avoid parks with ticketed event on same day.
Does anybody experience this?
if the park closes earlier but has fewer crowds, it might be worth it to go and less wait for attractions and such...?
please give me your opinion and experiences.
thanks

when we have traveled in the fall we always go to MK on nights where MNSSHP and MVMCP are scheduled and have found the crowds to be light and we are able to get a lot of attractions done. Some guests shy away from MK on those days because it is only a "partial" day used on their tickets. If someone does not have park hoppers they may perceive it's even less of a value.
we always have hopper and leave MK by 3PM to go to another park.

Last edited:
when we have traveled in the fall we always go to MK on nights where MNSSHP and MVMCP are scheduled and have found the crowds to be light and we are able to get a lot of attractions done. Some guests shy away from MK on those days because it is only a "partial" day used on their tickets. If someone does not have park hoppers they may perceive it's even less of a value.
we allows have hopper and leave MK by 3PM to go to another park.
Thank you so much for sharing. That's also what I've heard, but wanted to confirm with someone that actually experienced it.

We went last week and did 2 mornings/afternoons at MK on a Party day and one evening without a party.

That night was packed, and I overheard lots of people talking about how crowded it had been and how little they got done. We had pretty low crowds on the party days. The first one we got there in time to be the first train on 7DMT for EMH, but the 2nd we didn’t get there until probably half an hour-45 mins after it opened to the general public. We rode Buzz 5 times in a row as basically a walk on (after a stop at the busy MK Starbucks) trying to hit 999,999 until we got bored, if that tells you how slow crowds were to build.

It's great to go to the Magic Kingdom on a party day, whether or not you're staying for the party itself.
There's no downside to getting there early and having a head start on all of the fun. Highly recommended!

The lines will be shorter, but you can also use that time to get settled and enjoy the atmosphere before the party begins.

Yes, it is so worth it! I experienced this for the first time just last week. I was in Orlando for a conference, so decided to stay a few extra days to visit The Mouse! We were there on the 21st and 22nd. Both days Magic Kingdom closed at 6, and we had only purchased Mid-Day Magic tickets so I was a bit bummed thinking we wouldn't be able to do much. Boy was I wrong. We ended up going to MK on the 22nd. We got in the gate a little after 12, and left at around 5:30. During that time, we managed to ride Pirates 3 times, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain twice, Haunted Mansion three times, Little Mermaid, Space Mountain, and Carousel of Progress. We probably could have done even more, but we didn't rush too much and stopped a few times for snacks :) It was a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter