Worst Ride Experience..I lost it on Mission Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my poor mom had this same experience on Body Wars back in 2001... I was so worried it had ruined the day for her. She eventually came out of it... but bless!

Totally been there with Mission Space! I love all Rides and usually the more thrilling the better. But, something about the Orange side was terrifying! I didn't freak out or anything thankfully. I just closed my eyes and wished for it to be over quickly.. Haha.. We'll be sticking with Green for sure.

Mission Space for me too.

I had a full on panic attack. I was never claustrophobic till I rode it. Now I have problems with every ride that has a lap bar.

Last year my daughter wanted to do Sum of all Thrills with me. I convinced myself I could do it. As soon as they pulled the contraption over my head. I freaked out!!! Pounding, kicking, screaming......they released me quickly. Not one of my finer moments. :rotfl:
I loved Sum of all Thrills ..However, it broke down when I was on it with my sister-in-law they couldn't get us out for like 3-5 min after the ride stopped..I admit I did have a couple moments where I almost lost it having my head stuck in that confined space

I DID lose it on Tower of Terror though..Now I feel foolish and want to go back and ride it again..

Last edited:
My DH almost had his first Disney World trip ruined with a ride on Mission Space. He rode it on our first day of park touring, the first ride. He has always ridden anything he wanted without any issues. When he got off MS, he had a terrible headache and was nauseated and couldn't tolerate anything else that day. In fact, he didn't get on any rides the next day either because he still had a slight headache. MS...never again!

Dh's worst ride... EE - he went on as a single rider (DD and I do not like it). When he got on there was a guy next to him that reeked of alcohol. The man said "this is my 4th time around"....then the ride started and the man immediately said "I think I'm going to be sick". DH almost panicked imagining he was going to get thrown up on by this drunk man but luckily he wasn't. I should note they were in the very back which of course made it worse. As the man got off he told DH - "I'm going around again". Needless to say DH did not get back in line :-)

I practically lived at King's Island as a teenager-the Racers were rough no matter which direction they were going. Haven't been there in MANY years now.

Yessss! You've felt my pain lol. I grew up in Indianapolis, so King's Island was only like an hour and a half drive and we were there several times every year. I live in the south now, so I'd say it's been a good 25 years since I've been there. Not sure I'd want to go back haha!

I live 10 minutes from Kings Island and grew up near it too! I get way more freaked out on stuff there than I ever do at WDW. Although, the backwards Racer always felt safer to me than the front facing side.

Funny, I grew up 15 minutes from KI (Montgomery), and worked there 7 summers, all through high school and college. I was crew supervisor on the Beast the first two years after it was built. (Yes, I'm OLD.) After living all over the world with the AF, we moved to Dayton when our kids were 6, 4, and 1, so we had season passes throughout their childhoods. Now I'm looking forward to bringing my granddaughter next year!

Maybe it's because I worked rides so many summers, but even at my "older" age (ok, I'm 57), I can ride ANYTHING. My motto is, "If they build it, I'll ride it." So there is nothing at WDW that freaks me out. I just have favorites and ones I would rather not waste time on! (Cough...Stitch...cough)

This is a great thread!

Not Disney.. but years ago the Pteranodon Flyers at IoA scared the bejeezus out of me. And DH. I'm not particularly scared of heights, but the swinging motion and those slight dips made me feel like I was about to plummet to my death. We still refer to it as the kiddie death ride.

1. Dinosaur. I had no idea it was going to be that scary. I sat in the front screaming with my eyes closed. At one point the kid sitting next to me, who was also screaming, started hugging me and we basically held each other the entire ride. No, we did not know each other. My husband still brings that up. Never again.

2. The time we were stuck on Pirates for half an hour while it rebooted and I had a full bladder. I may have pushed my two year old out of the way to get off the boat first to get to the bathroom.

remember the show at Epcot based on Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Well I have major mice/rat phobia and the part where they make thousands of mice and the ticklers at your feet of mice running over your feet and all the mice noises, I freaked out and kept my legs and feet on the seat. I never would go see that show again. Then last trip, my dd and sil got me on the Tough to Be a Bug show at Ak, not as bad as the the now closed mice one at Epcot but then at the beginning of the show, I put my legs and feet on my seat and stayed that way for the whole show. Not sure if I will see that show again or not.

On one of our visits, we found out that a friend's son was doing the college program and was a CM at Mission Space. We decided to surprise him. We showed up at the end of the line, my son started calling CM's name, Cm ran over to us, lots of hugging, etc, taking photos, our CM friend then offered for us to go right on the ride (the rest of the line was saying for us to go ahead, no one was upset that we would be going ahead of them). I asked our CM, "Is this the ride that people throw up on?" He said , "Huh, yes". I said "no thanks, we don't feel like throwing up today. HE then gave us 3 fast passes (the old paper ones) for other rides so that was good. But no desire to ever go on Mission Space.

I think maybe your nerves made the ride worse than it actually was. You should try it again. Now that you know what to expect, it won't be as crazy.

Hmm, no, I think I underestimated how bad it is. I have no desire to try it again and I assure you I will live the rest of my days not regretting never riding it again. :) I wish I were one of those selfie-takers who enjoyed the ride. Me, I have a terrible fear of heights, the dark, falling, elevators ... lol ... so, not a good ride for me.

A close second was Expedition Everest. Although after that one all I did was slide down and sit on the floor of the gift shop. A cast member went and got me water and I think sprite to sip on. I was only there for about an hour total and it didn't wind up ruining my day as I continued to stay and do other things, and I remember wanting ice cream for some strange reason.

At least the CM there was nice to you. After riding EE for the third time, DD kept wanting to ride again, I should've stopped at once. I was so sick & wobbly, I sat down on a bottom shelf in the dump store. My DD still wanted to keep riding, so DH left me & walked her to the single rider entrance. While he was gone, a CM came by, looked at my pale, green face, & told me I couldn't sit there & to get up & move & walked away before I could say anything. I did manage to stand & move a few feet, then sat right back down. Seriously, it was like 90 something degrees outside, barely cooler inside & I knew if I tried to walk out of the store I would either fallen down and or throw up. It took everything I had to keep it together. After around 45min, I felt well enough to walk away from the store. But it took a coke, lots of a/c, & a couple of hours until I felt normal again. Never again. Now I ride once with DD & she goes in the single rider line as many times as she wants.

Primeval Hurl. Never again.

THIS. My sister and I went on it in the rain. The thing was spinning and going down the drops like it had been shot out of a cannon while we were slipping and sliding in the car, screaming our heads off and praying to God that we'd survive. The CM must have thought we were nuts. I mean, we were wearing seatbelts and all and were in no danger, but it felt like we were *really* going to be thrown out.

Enchanted Tales with Belle. Well I had like 30 minutes to waste at night waiting for my 7DMT fastpass. ETWB only had a 5 minute wait. I had no idea what it was, I think I suspected it was a ride like Ariel's Undersea Adventure (or whatever it is called). I was horrified by what it was because I felt so awkward and out-of-place. I became the biggest wallflower you can imagine.

This is embarrassing. I completely lost it on ToT. I had watched the youtube videos, my kids begged me, and I thought "how bad can it be?" Omg. It was fine until the thing shoots up. I was shrieking and screaming like I was being murdered. It was so awful! And how is it there's only a flimsy seatbelt holding you in place? I swear I had air time. The photo is me shrieking, with my eyes clenched tight, holding on for dear life. My kids are looking at me with alarm. Everyone else is smiling and taking selfies. NEVER. AGAIN. Note to self: when your choice of answers to the question "how bad can it be?" is "not bad" and "really bad", go with the latter.

I've done ToT twice (different trips) and I will NEVER do it again ... yes, I know I said that after I went on it the first time (and hated all 4 hours of it!) but I convinced myself that it wasn't as bad as I remembered it ... and I was right (I usually am, so this was not a surprise) ... it was worse! By the time we got in the elevator, I was ready to get out, but forced myself to stay and see if it was really that bad. DH and I were in the front row on the left if you are facing the inside of the elevator, all the way on the end of the row. I wedged myself under the metal bar that runs along the side of the elevator and held my breath in the hopes that I wouldn't scream out loud (tried to keep all the screaming on the inside) begging that someone make it go away. NEVER AGAIN.

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_7079606785_opt.jpg

Did I say NEVER AGAIN?

Well, it starts when you uneasily climb up that freaking staircase, and as you make your way up, your fellow guests remind you exactly how high off the ground you are, which is just what you want to hear. This is only then exacerbated by looking behind and noticing that you can see the Contemporary and it seems to appear that you are on par with the heigh of California Grill (you know, the place where it looks like you're looking down on most of the Wishes fireworks). Then, you turn around and have the lovely opportunity of watching those in front of you lie down, cross their legs, scream like the Dickens, and drop straight out of sight (not to worry, we know they're alright because we can still hear them). And this is all before you actually get on the slide.

That's when it gets real fun, because you're asked to assume a very specific position (and if you're like me, your committed to getting and remaining in that exact position out of fear that any slight alteration in that position may result in your sudden and untimely death), while trying to avoid looking down at the well over 100 feet separating you from the ground. Finally, the green light flashes and you find it somewhere in you to push yourself (I reiterate willingly doing so) over the abyss, focusing on trying to maintain that position as (I kid you not) you're blinded by splashing water getting in your face and in areas where no chlorinated water should ever be. That is until the wedgie of all wedgies is formed, and it is at that point that you realize you've just landed (yes, you immediately realize you were slightly and not necessarily voluntarily in freefall for a slight moment) back on the slide, but luckily, you are able to process all that has just occurred just in time for an all-too-friendly Disney PhotoPass photographer to snap a picture of you, the look of sheer horror on your face, and your unevenly tanned exposed thighs (remember, the wedgie...). It's certainly an interesting memory (if you want to call it that), but that photo is certainly one I don't mind expiring from my Disney PhotoPass account.

I went to a Six Flags in Georgia the summer before my senior year. They had a ride where you lay down the same way and go up and down these hills on the slide. One problem ... I went up one hill ... and came down on the other side of the second hill :scared1: I knew something was wrong when I got to the bottom and realized I was short one hill on my "hill count". Several chaperones from our group saw what happened and made the others get out of line and none of us were allowed to go on for the rest of the trip.

It ruined me for any other big water slides for the rest of my life.

I went to a Six Flags in Georgia the summer before my senior year. They had a ride where you lay down the same way and go up and down these hills on the slide. One problem ... I went up one hill ... and came down on the other side of the second hill :scared1: I knew something was wrong when I got to the bottom and realized I was short one hill on my "hill count". Several chaperones from our group saw what happened and made the others get out of line and none of us were allowed to go on for the rest of the trip.

It ruined me for any other big water slides for the rest of my life.

Omg!

Mission Space here, too. I decided to go Orange. If you're going to do it, go all the way, right? LOL As the ride went on, I kept lecturing myself: Stare straight at the screen. Do not turn your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. As the ride slowed down, I started praying it was really over and there would be no surprises LOL Both I and DH had to sit on the benches outside the ride for some time. So long, in fact, we were kicked out by a CM!

I second summit plummet. I will ride anything at any amusement park, and I thought summit would be fun. But it turns out 55mph in nothing but a bathing suit is not fun. It is painful. My skin was raw, my eyes stung, and I needed a set of cooking tongs to retrieve my bathing suit. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter