worst food you ever had @ WDW?

sephorachick

DIS Veteran
me: a cupcake from starring rolls in DHS. First off the kid didn't even know which cupcake was Red Velvet. Really? I looked past that & sliced into it. DRYYYYYYYYYY & not good. I took 2 bites & my friend took a bite then I threw away. I have a picture of it how do I post pictures on here to share??

Soggy, lukewarm fish and chips at Raglan Road. They weren't even cooked through properly; some of the batter inside was still kind of liquid. Yuck.

Absolute worst food I ever had was a cheeseburger at the Electric Umbrella. (And I LOVE cheeseburgers!!!). The bun was wheaty and dry. The bottom half was actually broken into two pieces. The burger was tough and dry. I am pretty sure it had been boiled or microwaved too long. No amount of condiments made it edible. It was so awful that I have been back to WDW six times since and have never again ordered a cheeseburger at any restaurant except Beaches and Cream.

And no, I did not complain. The food lines were very long and the kids seemed happy with their food, so I just skipped lunch that day. It did justify having a Napoleon pastry at the French Bakery a couple of hours later. :thumbsup2

A slightly dry cupcake at the POFQ food court. Still plenty good enough to finish.

The tip of the latex glove on DH's plate at Y&Y was pretty gross. We also are not fans of the BBQ skillet at WCC or the chocolate pyramid dessert at the Luau, but the worst was definitely the glove. Fortunately, it didn't come with hepatitis.

DH says the burger w/shrimp at the QS at POFQ. He got sick off the shrimp (tasted funny, but the silly goose ate it anyways..:confused:)

I didn't like eating at the Brown Derby. It just wasn't that great.

Other than that, the pizzas for kids or at the QS (Pizza Planet, I'm looking at you). YUCK

A burger from Whispering Canyon Cafe. Nothing on the dinner menu appealed to me (we went there for DSIL's birthday), so I asked for a simple hamburger. I received a hockey puck. :laughing: But on the bright side, that was really the ONLY TS entree I've ever had at Disney that I would call "bad", which isn't a bad track record! :thumbsup2

A burger from Whispering Canyon Cafe. Nothing on the dinner menu appealed to me (we went there for DSIL's birthday), so I asked for a simple hamburger. I received a hockey puck. :laughing: But on the bright side, that was really the ONLY TS entree I've ever had at Disney that I would call "bad", which isn't a bad track record! :thumbsup2

My wife had a chicken sandwich from WCC on our last trip that was terrible. The bun was VERY stale. If I really had to pick an absolute worse, though, that may have to go back to the ABC Comissary way back when, many uninformed years ago...

For sure our meal at Tony's was the worst ever. Chicken Parm, NASTY! The tomato sauce was the worst ive ever tried. Also, my son's spagetti & meatballs was bad, if not worse than mine!!!! I dunno what they used to season the meatballs, but it was beyond gross. (we each tried eachother's dish). Never again. :eek:

For us, it was dinner at Chef Mickey's. Grossest food ever. It looked like a bunch of leftovers thrown together.

The famous salad at Brown Derby, done without the meat. And some might say that that's why it was bad, but the vegetables were so chopped up that they were nearly liquid. I don't see how meat could have saved it, since I never ate meat-with-soupy-salad when I was omnivorous.

My aunt got first a veggie pizza that was incredibly salty, then an antipasto salad that had the same problem, at Pizzafari. There were other veggie pizzas on the table, and none were that salty. It was SO gross, and the CMs gave her such a hard time about exchanging it, and then when the antipasto had the same problem and she just wanted a refund (having eaten two whole bites of her meal) they had a problem with that, too. Fought her so hard and it took so long that they ended up refunding the meal for 5 people, not just the 1 she asked for. (not too bright, those CMs)

I'm not a fan of the big huge pretty cupcakes. They are dry and tasteless, and while I WANT to like them, I just can't.

Some teriyaki chicken entree at the quick service Japanese pavilion, I think it was the Yakitori House then...it was horrible. The rice was dry and the chicken was chewy. Hated it. :eek:

I'm not a big QS fan anyways, but we had no other choice for dinner so we went to Mara at AKL. It was awful!
The pizza was just nasty. We just got plain old cheese and it tasted liked a tv dinner.
For dessert, we just got a chocolate chip cookie. And it tasted like cardboard. How can you mess up a chocolate chip cookie?!?!

Our worst meal in Disney was at Tony's. I had the speghetti and it was just plain BAD

It's a tie between the bourbon marinated steak at Captain's Grill and the burger at the Pepper Mill. I couldn't finish either. The burger at Beaches & Cream is in the running for this "award" also.

Several years ago, we ate at Mama Melrose. No one can remember what we got or why it was so bad but every time we plan ANYTHING with a restaurant involved, my entire family says "As long as it is better thatn Mama Melrose!!!"

The Garden Grill hands down. The tukey was dry and the cranberry relish was not tasty at all. Think there was a pork dish too that I didnt care for. I ate from my childrens plates that day. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter