WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

We were not impressed with 50's prime time cafe. The server was rude - the only good part was the milkshake -

To be fair - being "rude" is part of the schtick there. Granted, if the CM isn't really into it that day, or you don't feel like playing along, I could see the disconnect. Then again, they could have just been a bad server that day. Sorry that happened - but do love me some PB&J and Red Velvet Milkshakes as well!

CHEF MICKEY Dinner
- Long wait for our seats even though we had first reservation time frame
- Food was awful, some inedible, lots cold
- Food stations were filthy and food all over the counters and floor
- Server never checked on us and I had to waive her down for drinks ... since it's a buffet she was pointless
- Restaurant total chaos
- Characters barely stayed long enough to sign their names
- Character handlers did not do their jobs - kids were following characters from table to table, pushing in on our pictures
- LOUD, so loud
- We ate there on Free Dining and I can't fathom actually paying to eat there.

DD ate there a couple months ago for Breakfast with her friends. She no sooner left, she texted me. She had never been and couldn't believe how bad it was.

If only they would bring back the original Chef Mickey's! That was such a better dining experience.

We had such bad service at Rose and Crown last time we were there that we had to go to the bar and pay for sodas after the waitress never stopped back by to refill. Inexcusable. There is nothing that makes me angrier than sitting thirsty in a restaurant!

Yes I know that I'm going to get flamed, but the truth is Narcoossees just miserably failed when we went for our 23rd anniversary. The halibut was rubbery, the service wasn't attentive at all (had to ask for a refill on a drink after waiting 10 minutes and we were early so it wasn't busy at all), and the price for this failed attempt at a restaurant was horrible. We will never darken their doors again.

[QUOTE="Coconut8473, post: 53188056, member: 430699]

And I also want to note something that wasn't a bad experience, per se, but an awkward/sad/humbling one: We had a super sweet server once (I don't want to say the restaurant, as I don't want to "out" her), and we engaged in a lot of conversation throughout the course of our meal. Even though she never outright complained, through our talks we discovered she was a struggling single parent, having issues with a babysitter, working multiple jobs, etc. We left her an awesome tip, but I felt incredibly guilty the whole time we were there, spending time with our family, spending lots of money. Don't get me wrong - I'm a working mom as well, and spend many hours away from my kids... and our hard-earned vacations are our much-needed time off together. But that "dose of reality" in the middle of our magical trip definitely brought me back down to earth that night.[/QUOTE]

Just be wary that this is frequently an act with many waitstaff at any restaurant. They play the pity party to get a bigger tip. That's why I tip solely based on their job. I have students that work at local restaurants and I don't tip them any more than someone I don't know. If they do a bad job, they are tipped accordingly. If they see me some other time and ask why, I tell them the truth. If they are waiting on me and bemoaning their problems to me or other coworkers, I do tell them it's not appropriate to do that in front of customers.

Hoop Dee Doo.... loved the show but both my kids were throwing up in days following our dinner and each missed a park day on separate days (thankfully they were old enough to stay in the room alone and await the calls to check on them)

We had such bad service at Rose and Crown last time we were there that we had to go to the bar and pay for sodas after the waitress never stopped back by to refill. Inexcusable. There is nothing that makes me angrier than sitting thirsty in a restaurant!
I will say Disney servers are very slow on refills, when you are hot from the parks they should realize you are going to need a quick refill..This is coming from a server myself...

Sci-Fi. We loved it on a previous trip but was a huge letdown last March. Service was awful, our waitress was downright rude. And the food was awful as well. Such a bummer because it was really enjoyable previously.

I feel very fortunate to have never had AWFUL service at any Disney restaurant. We had a server at 50's once who wasn't really into it, but not rude or anything...just not the usual fun playful stuff we've come to love there.

Our worst meal all around was dinner at Hollywood & Vine in 2011. The food was mediocre at best, but our waitress was a loon. My then 2-year-old daughter accidentally spilled my half full glass of water and our waitress went completely bonkers, screaming "No! You don't do that! No, no, no!" at a decibel I never knew could be achieved while basically lunging at my 2-year-old, who was crying and shaking from fear, and I was 0.02 seconds from clocking her (and I'm incredibly passive). The shift manager came over and had to physically cart her from our table. No one in the restaurant was speaking, everyone's mouths were hanging open like "*** just happened there?".. incredibly eerie. Our dinner was comped and we received a thousand apologies (Disney even called after we got home a week later to check in and apologize again) and a week's worth of "good anytime" FP.

Our worst was Kona breakfast. DH and I both ordered the breakfast platter. The eggs were runny, the biscuits were hard as rocks, the potatoes were not cooked all the way and our server was terrible. There was a "regular" in the restaurant that morning and all the servers were huddled around his table the entire time we were in there chatting with him instead of waiting on their tables. When she came to clear our table she said something about how I hadn't really eaten anything and I told her what had been wrong with it, but she just took the plate and left - no offer of anything else or taking it off the bill.

I had great service a WCC, too bad you had a bad time I really like that place. Never really had bad service anywhere, but 'Ohana can be really slow and seat you late at dinner (didn't have this problem at breakfast). The food at Chef Mickey's is forgettable at best. We're doing Jedi Mickey at H&V over SWW, hopefully we don't regret it.

Ohana takes forever to get seated at breakfast and dinner. Our worst meal ever at Disney was Chef Mickey's. The buffet was messy, the characters rushed, the food awful, the service terrible, we never received drink refills, our tables was never bussed, the soups were way too salty, and the fish was cold in the middle. It was worse than almost any restaurant I have ever been to in my life except Peco Bills.

[QUOTE="Coconut8473, post: 53188056, member: 430699]

And I also want to note something that wasn't a bad experience, per se, but an awkward/sad/humbling one: We had a super sweet server once (I don't want to say the restaurant, as I don't want to "out" her), and we engaged in a lot of conversation throughout the course of our meal. Even though she never outright complained, through our talks we discovered she was a struggling single parent, having issues with a babysitter, working multiple jobs, etc. We left her an awesome tip, but I felt incredibly guilty the whole time we were there, spending time with our family, spending lots of money. Don't get me wrong - I'm a working mom as well, and spend many hours away from my kids... and our hard-earned vacations are our much-needed time off together. But that "dose of reality" in the middle of our magical trip definitely brought me back down to earth that night.

Just be wary that this is frequently an act with many waitstaff at any restaurant. They play the pity party to get a bigger tip. That's why I tip solely based on their job. I have students that work at local restaurants and I don't tip them any more than someone I don't know. If they do a bad job, they are tipped accordingly. If they see me some other time and ask why, I tell them the truth. If they are waiting on me and bemoaning their problems to me or other coworkers, I do tell them it's not appropriate to do that in front of customers.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the post.

Askershus! OMG how bad is this place...horrible! I got sick about an hour after meal. Princess interaction was horrible. We were rushed throght breakfast and then we go the bill...167.99 for three of us! You have to be kidding me! Never, ever, ever, ever, again.

Oh, and we agree about Chef Mickeys...it was filthy and actually gross!

My worst dining experience was last October at Ohana's for breakfast. Every table around us was being served, and our server MIA for most of the meal. The characters were also very rushed as well. That said, a few years ago, this was our best meal of the trip. The service was great, and we had the best character meal of our visit. My son had a large stitch that he brought to breakfast, and all the characters made a big deal of that for him. Stitch even signed the ear for him. I think it is possible to have a bad experience at any restaurant. We are planning next falls trip and will definitely give Ohana's another try.

And I also want to note something that wasn't a bad experience, per se, but an awkward/sad/humbling one: We had a super sweet server once (I don't want to say the restaurant, as I don't want to "out" her), and we engaged in a lot of conversation throughout the course of our meal. Even though she never outright complained, through our talks we discovered she was a struggling single parent, having issues with a babysitter, working multiple jobs, etc. We left her an awesome tip, but I felt incredibly guilty the whole time we were there, spending time with our family, spending lots of money. Don't get me wrong - I'm a working mom as well, and spend many hours away from my kids... and our hard-earned vacations are our much-needed time off together. But that "dose of reality" in the middle of our magical trip definitely brought me back down to earth that night.

I was a waitress while in college. I worked with girls who would lay on the "poor me" pretty heavily in order to get better tips. I never liked that then, and I don't like it now.

So, never feel guilty about your vacations or life style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter