Worries

I'm a bit of a latecomer to this thread, but I just wanted to add my support. You are doing a wonderful thing, and you will absolutely cope. I can understand your panic, but that's caused by the horrible situation that has been put on you, not by your inability to cope. You have obviously coped with everyday life for a long time, and that is, imho, way harder and way less fun than a Florida holiday!

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this horrible situation, but you will have a wonderful holiday. It's amazing how many people will help you when they see that you are on your own (with your luggage etc), and your boys are old enough to do what they can. Just take a deep breath and do it.

Your boys are very lucky to have a Mum like you!

Thanks for those words of support. Plans are now coming together. I held the grand treasure hunt last Saturday and after finding 10 clues my two boys found their presents of the Tshirts and some dollars (which I have quickly nicked back for the 'pot'!!). My youngest bounced around the room so much the christmas tree fell sideways! (useless floating floor system!!) My oldest was more reserved but had tears in his eyes. On the Sunday I found a hand made card from him in the kitchen which said thank you mum for arranging this great holiday - heres to moving forward. I had to take another one of those flippin showers I can tell you! Amazing how sore your eyes can look when you, er, get soap in them isnt it! I didnt realise how badly all this tooing and froing with my husband was affecting my oldest. But it made me even more determined to push ahead.
So, ive bought new clothes for the holiday and body warmers just in case; got the suitcases from the attic; written loads of lists (and then listed them ;) ) and put to the back of my mind any fears.
Ive photocopied all my information and my oldest will take a copy of them in his luggage just in case. My sister has said she will come and collect the kids if anything goes wrong and I cant get home with them (y'know dodgy prawns; backside stuck on Dumbo; met a grand floridian :rotfl: ) even said she would fly out - now thats a sister to love!! Ive come to the conclusion too that I baby my children waaayyy too much and have realised that they are young men now and capable of sharing some of the burden of a holiday (and the heaviest case!!!) I never thought of them like this until they gave me their lists of things they would like to take (ususally I do all this) and my youngest gave me his penny jar contents (just in case mum!! :lovestruc )
We will be browsing City Walk this year too as weve never done this. That Jellyrolls sounds cool too and of course the Piano Man at POR. Are there any restrictions on children coming into bars? They are 12 and 15.
Oh, and as a final note to my pathetic other half. I made the immensely saddening but somehow enlightening decision to see a solicitor and get my divorce under way. My kids and myself have been through enough and my marriage certificate isnt worth the paper its written on. So im definately forging ahead in this life.
So thanks to everyone who has offered advice and support. I still get the odd butterfly and seed of doubt but im going to Florida and ya boo sucks to everything else!!!!!! :teeth: :banana: :cheer2: :wizard:

Your post made me go cold, and well up.

You will be fine as a single parent.
There are lots of single parents who take their kids to Orlando.

It's the happiest, friendliest place on earth.
There will be plenty of people willing to help you out with your luggage etc.

So try not to worry, get packing, and go and have yourself a blooming lovely time.

Sending :grouphug: and :wizard: to you to make you feel better.

x

widget said:
That Jellyrolls sounds cool too and of course the Piano Man at POR. Are there any restrictions on children coming into bars? They are 12 and 15.

The boys will be welcome at Raglan Road and the Rose & Crown, but for Jellyrolls you must be at least 21.

Best of luck with all of your decisions, stay strong & confident! :flower:

Just wanted to say I hope you guys have a great time! you sound like a wonderful mother... and you all deserve a magical holiday!

(((hugs)))

I wouldn't worry about not being able to cope with the travelling side of things. I'm sure the kids will help out with the luggage..... when my son was younger he was always at the luggage belt waiting to pull our bags off. Kids are very helpful especially when they are excited. I love the idea of the treasure hunt, your children's faces will be a picture.

What that monster of a husband did to you was awful and I could just..... well I won't say!! but I'm glad you're not letting your feelings bottle up, it's always good to have a good cry. You can't change what's happened, the main thing is to move on and be positive at all times. Don't dwell on things especially while you're away. You will have a great time out there and you will create some wonderful memories for your children. Have a really wonderful time. :goodvibes

Widget, I've just caught up with your post and can totally sympathise with your dilemmas, I've just returned from a fab trip and can honestly say you'll have a marvellous time, I took it upon myself to be Tour Guide Barbie for our group of 6, I'm also a single parent but had my MUm and three non-travelling friends along, Yes it is hard work but a bit of time out now and then and some explainations as to why we're doing things this way, why we need to go now, why we need to get a move on etc do help things along. Don['t forget a basic plan each day and run through things with your kids so they'll understand a bit better the reasons for leaving a park early or missing a certain ride and they'll be fine.
Good luck and I'm sure it'll be the most rewarding experience yet in a long line of struggling singlehood!

Your children must be really proud of you being there mum, i am sure your children will help you! your have a fanstatic time all of you a real holiday your remember forever.
Have a great time always ask if your not sure about something i found everyone so helpful.

:grouphug: :love2: :wave2: Thanks everyone! Wow, last full week of school for boys! Dragged out cases and checked over zips, handles and wheels. Its coming together!!

Your boys sound wonderful, I am sure you are all going to have a fantastic time. :goodvibes

Hi

Have a great holiday and i am sure you will be fine as your lovely boys will help each together out with luggages etc. Please don't worry, so enjoy your holiday as I am sure it will be fabulous times. :sunny:

Scottishwee35 :cool1:

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter